Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Fantasmic! Advice

So this will be my (and my Family's) first time getting to see Fantasmic! - We only get one shot during our trip in a few days to see it... that's Sunday night (Sep 23rd). Since we have young ones, we'll have to do the first showing @ 9pm.

Where's the best vantage point, and how early should we get there?

Thanks!!

• One Little Spark...

Re: Fantasmic! Advice

The best vantage point is somewhere in front of Pirates. It's ok if you aren't directly in front. I would say show up around 8pm to play it safe. If your kids are little enough, I'd stand in the back of the sitting guests and put him/her on your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    The best vantage point is somewhere in front of Pirates. It's ok if you aren't directly in front. I would say show up around 8pm to play it safe. If your kids are little enough, I'd stand in the back of the sitting guests and put him/her on your shoulders.
    1 hour before, and a spot in front of PoC... got it! Is the audience mostly standing, sitting, or mixed?

• One Little Spark...

There is a sitting area that you would have to show up earlier to take advantage of. There's a standing area right behind the sitting people. Honestly, I recommend standing because you can see everything better (if you are right behind the sitting crowd). I'm sure you will be fine if you show up around 8 or so.

if you want the standing only i would show up an hour be4. but if you want the sitting area i would show up 2 hours be4 show time.
    P.S have a magical time!!

Thanks everyone! Been looking forward to this now for 21 years!!!

• Minion

I don't know how big your family is, or what the resources are, but they also have premium seating for Fantasmic that comes with coffee/hot cocoa and desserts. It's pricey, but in my opinion worth it.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Not sure how determined you guys are to get the best view, BUT, if you want a view literally right at the front on the railings that look onto the Rivers of America, here's a tip. Put down your stuff (Stroller, blanket's, barbed wire etc.) right at the fence surrounding the river in front of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 HOURS before show starting time (that's what I did when I saw Fantasmic for the first time, but that was during REALLY busy month but September 23rd, you could probably get away with arriving around 2 hours prior). Now, have one adult watch the gear while the kids and the other adult go on a ride, and then they come back and alternate until the show begins. Not sure how keen you are to sitting at the very front but honestly, you're kids will love it, especially when the dragon breaths fire at the crowd, you really feel the heat!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I don't know how big your family is, or what the resources are, but they also have premium seating for Fantasmic that comes with coffee/hot cocoa and desserts. It's pricey, but in my opinion worth it.
    I've seen those packages. $60 for dessert? For a family of 5, that'd be a $300 expense.

---------- Post added 09-17-2012 at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Not sure how determined you guys are to get the best view, BUT, if you want a view literally right at the front on the railings that look onto the Rivers of America, here's a tip. Put down your stuff (Stroller, blanket's, barbed wire etc.) right at the fence surrounding the river in front of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 HOURS before show starting time (that's what I did when I saw Fantasmic for the first time, but that was during REALLY busy month but September 23rd, you could probably get away with arriving around 2 hours prior). Now, have one adult watch the gear while the kids and the other adult go on a ride, and then they come back and alternate until the show begins. Not sure how keen you are to sitting at the very front but honestly, you're kids will love it, especially when the dragon breaths fire at the crowd, you really feel the heat!
    WOW! The fact that you're having to say "get away with arriving around 2 hours prior" is pretty telling! Usually, a 2 hour wait would be something I would expect on a super busy day.

I am so glad I asked this question! I was planning on showing up about 20 minutes early!

Thanks for the tips!!

• The doctor is in

I always wait to eat dinner and grab an outside table at either Cafe Orleans or River Belle Terrace. Last time I saw Fantasmic I got dinner at River Belle and was able to get a table close to the fence. The view of the show was a little to the side but it was still a great one. You are able to see the fireworks from there as well.
    I have sat at the sitting area right in front of Rivers of America before and it is a great view but you have to wait a really long time. With younger kids it is more difficult (after witnessing it myself) because they can get restless, especially if you are closer to the front and start having people pile behind you. It is really easy to feel boxed in.

One other little area I discovered, which I know is limited, is the smoking area in front of the Haunted Mansion. My experience there is already 6 years old and I don't know if the smoking area still exists, but I went with my mom who is a smoker and we stood in the smoking area with about 4 other people the entire show. You are right on the water and have a great view of everything. Just an fyi for the smokers out there. The CM's can't kick you out of that area despite the show going on.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

My favorite spot is right behind the middle light tower. It's a great spot because not many people realize that right before the show starts, the tower goes up and you have a great view of the middle of the show. The people in front of you are the desert seating, so they don't obstruct and I generally can still get a spot there 1hr-45 min before the show. If you go to the second Fantasmic, you'll have no problems at all, as it's much less crowded.

• The doctor is in

I agree about seeing the second show, if possible, like Sarafina mentioned. It is a lot less crowded and easier to get a good spot. You don't have to wait around nearly as long.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I agree with others....8pm is good.

Also, if you can bring a towel or blanket to lay on the ground. That way you can reserve the spot for your whole group. If it's just one of you holding place in line some people may not care and take your spot.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Thanks everyone! Only a few more days Can't wait to post my first trip report!!

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    I agree with others....8pm is good.

Also, if you can bring a towel or blanket to lay on the ground. That way you can reserve the spot for your whole group. If it's just one of you holding place in line some people may not care and take your spot.
    I agree. I wouldn't care if someone says they're "saving" spots for their family. If there's an open space I'll take it. But I'm not going to stand on someones towel or blanket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast