Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Something is ALREADY missing from HMH

I rode HMH on Friday (opening day) and after we boarded our "dark christmas sleigh" the first Scary Teddy you see was holding a fishing pole with a small present dangling fairly close to the buggies. By Sunday at 1:30pm we noticed the present was gone, and he was just holding the fishing pole. Did anyone else notice this? Anyone happen to know what happened to the present?

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• -

Re: Something is ALREADY missing from HMH

Security received word of a suspicious package and after the dogs went crazy over the present they took it out of there to investigate
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Security received word of a suspicious package and after the dogs went crazy over the present they took it out of there to investigate
    I can't tell if this is a serious response or not haha

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    I rode HMH on Friday (opening day) and after we boarded our "dark christmas sleigh" the first Scary Teddy you see was holding a fishing pole with a small present dangling fairly close to the buggies. By Sunday at 1:30pm we noticed the present was gone, and he was just holding the fishing pole. Did anyone else notice this? Anyone happen to know what happened to the present?
    I am curious to know if this has become the NEW apple in Snow White or key in Pirates? Rather sad someone felt compelled to do this opening weekend. Hope it returns again soon.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    I am curious to know if this has become the NEW apple in Snow White or key in Pirates? Rather sad someone felt compelled to do this opening weekend. Hope it returns again soon.
    I highly doubt someone got up and grabbed it. If I recall it would be nearly impossible to stand up and reach it without falling over, having someone see you/getting caught on camera, or setting off some sort of sensor. Just as difficult would be getting off the ride with said piece. I just don't see it happening.

• The doctor is in

Maybe they took it out to repair something or to replace it with another item later? It happens.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I highly doubt someone got up and grabbed it. If I recall it would be nearly impossible to stand up and reach it without falling over, having someone see you/getting caught on camera, or setting off some sort of sensor. Just as difficult would be getting off the ride with said piece. I just don't see it happening.
    Without giving too much away, it is entirely possible for a Guest to stand up and grab at anything at that point in the ride and not be seen by any cameras or CM's. The only way they would trigger anything is if they stepped out of their vehicle, and then they'd hit a basic safety system.

But standing up and in your buggy there? Not a problem at all. There are only cameras at a few key points along the ride, and large sections of the ride track go entirely unseen and unmonitored.

The present was indeed snatched by a Guest, and the Entertainment group that creates and installs Holiday was not pleased.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Without giving too much away, it is entirely possible for a Guest to stand up and grab at anything at that point in the ride and not be seen by any cameras or CM's. The only way they would trigger anything is if they stepped out of their vehicle, and then they'd hit a basic safety system.

But standing up and in your buggy there? Not a problem at all. There are only cameras at a few key points along the ride, and large sections of the ride track go entirely unseen and unmonitored.

The present was indeed snatched by a Guest, and the Entertainment group that creates and installs Holiday was not pleased.
    Another example of how stupid some people can be.. sad.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Minion

*sigh* this is why we can't have nice things anymore.

is there a way to chain down the next present or move it higher so it can't be swiped? It's a shame it comes to that, but people have no class these days.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Another example of how stupid some people can be.. sad.
    Stupid and selfish.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

I stand corrected! Thanks for the insight!

• Dreaming of next trip

To bad they could not have something like the exploding dye pack that way the thief could be identified and delt with, but they would then complain about their hands and cloths getting stainded. I also have a feeling that there might be a change in the camera angles so they can watch those areas.

• Just drawn that way

I never put it past people to find a way how to do something stupid. I just hope it gets replaced soon. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this happening any other year of HMH?

• some assembly required

It's like a challenge to some ppl. I hope they got a paper cut from the wrappings!!!

BTW, never been on HMH overlay, how big is this gift?
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Still lost in Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    *sigh* this is why we can't have nice things anymore.

is there a way to chain down the next present or move it higher so it can't be swiped? It's a shame it comes to that, but people have no class these days.
    Chain down the riders. (Sarcasm)
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast