Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Disney Fan 4 Life

re: AP Gift Book "A Celebration of a Wish Come True" - (Merged)

Well, I hope this is something we can see. It is kind of a bummer, since we could not make the AP events (or we did not get selected) so it would be nice.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Still lost in Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    You can contact them directly here: Help Overview | Help Center | Disneyland Resort

Disney is pretty good at responding to inquires and issues. I'm sure they will do everything they can to help you
    Well I just used this link and called them and got nothing. They know nothing about this gift book and seemed to care less that I haven't even received my magazine in over 6 months. Total Failure for AP Guest Services. For the money we pay for a deluxe AP we should be getting better service than an argument that sites like this cannot be trusted and that they have no knowledge about the Back Stage Magazine or this Gift Book. It did not come in my mail today and that is why I called.

I also wrote an email to guest services telling them about the poor telephone response and hoping that someone over there knows about this gift book. We shall see what happens next.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 09-18-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I got mine yesterday. I really like it and will save it like I save other things like this.

Too bad my mailman felt the need to fold it long ways to fit in the mailbox and now the spine is "broken".

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    I'm surprised that I got one since my pass is set to expire soon. Speaking of getting stuff when you renew I'm surprise how many reminders Disney has sent that my pass is about to expire, never got that many reminders before.
    Yeah I've already gotten two or three of those in the mail and my pass doesn't expire until Oct. 7th. Getting desperate to get me back? Still haven't gotten mine in the mail... I thought maybe since I only have a deluxe and not a premium I wouldn't get one.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

I got mine today as well! It was weird, though, because I posted a picture of it online and my friend said she received one as well, but is not an APer. FWIW I have a Premier pass, in case this is a gift for Premium/Premier holders.

•   
    • Minion

I have a Southern California pass (the higher priced one; not Select), so it's not just for Deluxe/Premium, I guess.

Is there a chance it might be for those who have had their passes for more than one year?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I have a Southern California pass (the higher priced one; not Select), so it's not just for Deluxe/Premium, I guess.

Is there a chance it might be for those who have had their passes for more than one year?
    Could be... but I've had a pass for 6 years and still haven't got one. Of course I'm 110 miles away. Maybe my mail comes by donkey and its just taking longer to get here.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Blew By You

We got ours on Monday. My daughter loves it. Nice book.

• #bringevilback

I'm 3 miles away and nothing yet...hoping it comes soon because it sounds really cool!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It;s a great little gift...would love something like this every year

• Somewhere on Main Street

I haven't gotten the book yet but my sister in Nevada just got hers and my two daughters are in there!!!! They are the two looking at the chocolate dipped strawberries being made on the Main St page. Cannot believe it. Really hope we get ours soon.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Natenob View Post
    Its deffently photo shoped. It was taken from the cassle looking twords the frount of the park. You can see righ above the parade float is the Train Station roof-top
    I'm not sure were talking about the same photo.
    The photo shopped photo in question has the castle in the background with the tinkerbell float.
    Train station in background is the photo on the previous page.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany87 View Post
    I haven't gotten the book yet but my sister in Nevada just got hers and my two daughters are in there!!!! They are the two looking at the chocolate dipped strawberries being made on the Main St page. Cannot believe it. Really hope we get ours soon.
    Well there goes my theory that I hadn't got mine because I was farther away...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Well I just used this link and called them and got nothing. They know nothing about this gift book and seemed to care less that I haven't even received my magazine in over 6 months. Total Failure for AP Guest Services. For the money we pay for a deluxe AP we should be getting better service than an argument that sites like this cannot be trusted and that they have no knowledge about the Back Stage Magazine or this Gift Book. It did not come in my mail today and that is why I called.

I also wrote an email to guest services telling them about the poor telephone response and hoping that someone over there knows about this gift book. We shall see what happens next.
    The folks at the AP Center in the park, when they still had one, tried to help me with that issue, but it still didn't get straightened out. I wrote a letter to Disney Destinations in Orlando, at the address on the back of the newsletters. I don't think I still ever started getting the Disneyland mailings until the next time I renewed. (Other than renewal notices. I got those.) I've had the problem a few times over the years where I suddenly stopped getting the AP newsletters. Funny, though, even though I no longer have the Premier Pass, I'm still getting the Mickey Monitors from WDW! I've also had issues with getting the emails from them. Now that I've read this thread, it seems like I'm not alone.

---------- Post added 09-19-2012 at 12:46 PM ----------

I got the book in the mail. It's nice and nice of them to send them out to us. However, they are decidedly not Annual Passholder exclusive. I know of two different people who are not, and have not ever been, AP's who've gotten them. A coworker told me her mother, who lives in Valencia, CA got one. A friend who lives in Walnut, CA told me that he got one. They were puzzled as to why they got them out of the blue. They thought I might know since I'm an AP. Either they are being sent out in mass mailings in the SoCal area, or maybe Disney Destinations had these folk's addresses from prior info requests. That's all I can think of.

• Minion

I got a copy of it in the mail today. I was surprised to get it, because I've NEVER been an AP holder, and I haven't even gone to the park in 3 years, and I only bought a 1-day ticket. I didn't even know they still had my name and address, but I did sign up for the free birthday pass on their web site, so that's how they got my information. But anyway, thanks George, the book's a beaut!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast