Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

re: AP Gift Book "A Celebration of a Wish Come True" - (Merged)

I'm starting to think it's not linked up to the AP database.
    They didn't send my to my home address (work instead)
    and they misspelled my name, so someone is re-entering information (my name is correct on my pass)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I haven't read all the comments yet
    but is it just me or was page 5 (I think it's page 5) photoshopped?
    It's the Mainstreet photo with the parade.
    Mainstreet seems to have a massive amount of trees and one small thing seems to be missing, "The Hub". Maybe I"m wrong, but the castle just seems way to close to the end of main street and it doesn't look like the hub is there. Again, maybe it's just the photo and the angle.
    Not photoshopped, just shot with a telephoto lens from the train station. Telephoto lenses tend to compress distances. It's not that different than this photo I took:

IMG_7038 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Ours was delivered on Tuesday. Definitely was a fun, completely unexpected surprise.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

So it seems that this is not an AP offering? I was kind of hoping we would get this since folks are making out that it is nice! Too bad
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

D'OH!!! I didn't remember the name of the book until I saw this thread and started a different thread.Yes.. we got our book and we love it. We were especially happy about being in the lead-in photo for the BVS section. This was us by the fountain on the Grand Re-opening Day of DCA:

-Marcus

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes!! Got mine today! Now I can quit moping around and complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    So it seems that this is not an AP offering? I was kind of hoping we would get this since folks are making out that it is nice! Too bad
    The envelope had annual passport written on it. The letter that came with it said "As an Annual Passholder, you hold a special place in our Disneyland Resort Family.... "

So it looks like its aimed at passholders....not sure how the people who aren't have gotten one.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Still lost in Neverland

I still have not gotten it. I have not received any return email in answer to my inquiry. I have been an AP for over 10 years. I get nothing in the way of Back Stage Magazines or special offers for AP'er. Ever. And there phone service sucks.

UPDATE: I got through to them by phone and they are now aware of the booklet and are getting more and will be shipping them out through out the month of Sept and got a # to call if it doesn't show up. Very helpful this time and nice experience. So hopefully it will show up soon. Also she did mention when I said I had not received a Backstage Pass for some time and she said I did not miss out as they have not published one in a long time. This is the first publication from them in over a year. So that answers that.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 09-20-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Goofy

i just got mine today and it kinda weird to me because i was hoping of the backstage stuff small magazine halloween that they do sometimes

Question Did Any Other Annual Passholder Get This? (Paperback Picture Book sent from Disney)

I just got home from along night working on my school's play when I found this in the mail.

According to the package, it's a free gift to all Annual Passholders. From what I could tell from flipping through it, it is sort of like a picture book, showcasing many HD shots of Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, as well as a little bit of Downtown Disney. A free paperback picture book of the Disneyland Resort.

(It was very difficult to take pictures without bending the book's spine too much or getting foreign obstructions, such as light or objects holding the book down, out of the shot, so I couldn't take many pictures. I will try to get help at my local library and scan the pages. just consider these very...basic shots a bit of an apetizer to the entire book, as it should set up what the rest is like.)

The pictures look much more HD in real life. Honest! It's just that my iPod's camera is not really the best in the world.

Like I said, I will try to get some scans of these pages as fast as I can. I do hope other Annual Passholders got this book as well, because it's a very nice book. My favorite shot has to be the one in Tarzan's Tree house. You know, the one that spans about two pages. Cheers!

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Under that tree again!

Re: Did Any Other Annual Passholder Get This? (Paperback Picture Book sent from Disne

I hope we are all getting these. I haven't got one yet, but many have mentioned receiving these this week.

Re: Did Any Other Annual Passholder Get This? (Paperback Picture Book sent from Disne

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I hope we are all getting these. I haven't got one yet, but many have mentioned receiving these this week.
    Yes, I got one

• Minion

I got one in the mail, and I've never had an Annual Pass. The only way they got my name and address, is that in 2009 I signed up on their web site for the free birthday admission. Ever since then, 2 or 3 times a year, I receive an ad of some sort from them. I haven't even gone back to the park in 3 years, and I've never bought a pass. And now this book arrives. The letter with it does not mention annual passes, it just mentions the new things at the resort, and says this is a commemorative book, please accept it as my personal copy, and they look forward to hosting me again. Thanks George!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

nope..not sure if i will ever get one

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yes!! Got mine today! Now I can quit moping around and complaining!

The envelope had annual passport written on it. The letter that came with it said "As an Annual Passholder, you hold a special place in our Disneyland Resort Family.... "

So it looks like its aimed at passholders....not sure how the people who aren't have gotten one.
    Same here; it came with an AP letter.

I'm very curious to know what the rhyme or reason was behind the order in which it was sent out. I would have originally guessed that the non-passholders were people who had bought a lot of tickets/Halloween party tickets in the past, and maybe Disney thought would be possible to convert them to APs because they already gave the park a lot of business. We've read that infrequent visitiors have received these books, though, so scratch that theory...

• Fun times

Re: AP Gift Book "A Celebration of a Wish Come True" - (Merged)

Got ours yesterday. Very nice book.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast