Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Smile AP Gift Book "A Celebration of a Wish Come True" - (Merged)

So I just got a gift in the mail today from Disneyland. A excerpt from the letter that accompanied it:

"At this special time, instead of our regular Backstage Pass magazine, I'd like to mark this extraordinary moment in the Resort's history by presenting you with the enclosed special edition commemorative book, "A Celebration of a Wish Come True." Filled with real photo memories of guests and cast members, every image captures the magic of the Disneyland Resort experience."
    - George A. Kalogridis, President of Disneyland Resort

The cover of the book is cute. A little girl is riding the teacups with a man (maybe Grandpa?) on the front and the back is a colorful image of the Mickey balloons.

The majority of the book is filled with pictures - there's only a little bit of text. Some of the photos are very artistic, others not so much, but it is overall sweet. I was rather surprised to see a rather large photo from a Splash Mountain that is clearly not our own and a photo of the Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage lagoon sans seagulls, but otherwise it makes a nice collector's piece. It is very nice to see not just the guests having fun in the photos, but the cast members, too.

The Annual Passholder program receives mixed feelings and criticisms at times, but I found this book to be a very nice gift/perk from Disney. Perhaps they felt like they could splurge a little bit more with paper since the Backstage Pass is far more concise than it used to be. I know that this was created specifically for Disneyland Resort's new unveiling, but part of me hopes that perhaps we could see more things like this in the future. If a popular attraction reaches a special anniversary, maybe APers could get a special booklet to commemorate? Just a shot in the dark. I don't feel like the company owes me anything extra past what I pay for, but little things like this are very much appreciated.

Has anyone else gotten their book yet? Thoughts?

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

re: AP Gift Book "A Celebration of a Wish Come True" - (Merged)

Yes, we got our in the mail today.

Very awesome 50+ Full Color photos book.

A very nice Thank You gift from Disney.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Future Imagineer!!

Hmmm I haven't gotten mine....although my season pass expired yesterday so maybe that's why since they knew mine was expiring....I'm renewing it this Friday though!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We have three PAP and did not receive this (and we live in Southern California so they don't have to go far) maybe like the magazines, only some will get this. We get the magazine on a hit or miss basis.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• DLR Enthusiast

Got mine yesterday. It was a nice surprise
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• ******** Gold Member

Yes! I love it and appreciate the gift! I've only had time to look through it once so far; and the colorful balloons on the back cover, as well as the full-page Screamin' turn toward Mickey wheel are some favorites.

•   
    • Minion

I did get it a few days ago, and I thought it was lovely. I've never once received the magazine, so it was a surprise to get some mail from Disney!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I didn't get mine yet. As a matter of fact, I haven't received anything yet in a long time. Anyone had this problem, or a know a way to fix this?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I didn't get mine yet. As a matter of fact, I haven't received anything yet in a long time. Anyone had this problem, or a know a way to fix this?
    You can contact them directly here: Help Overview | Help Center | Disneyland Resort

Disney is pretty good at responding to inquires and issues. I'm sure they will do everything they can to help you

• Just drawn that way

I hope we get ours soon! We seem to never get anything from them unless they want us to renew!

I'm surprised that I got one since my pass is set to expire soon. Speaking of getting stuff when you renew I'm surprise how many reminders Disney has sent that my pass is about to expire, never got that many reminders before.

• formerly very helpful

I just got mine. It's a beautiful book. It really lets me transport myself back there by losing myself in the photos. I do like how they feature the cast members so heavily. They are such an important part of what makes Disneyland special and they deserve more credit.

• Fun times

Hope we get one. We have only been AP holders since December and haven't gotten any magazines at all. Living so far away, we always miss the AP events too.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I usually don't either. But I did get it today.
    I'm so special in Disney's heart that they spelled my name wrong in the letter (but it's correct on my pass).

I haven't read all the comments yet
    but is it just me or was page 5 (I think it's page 5) photoshopped?
    It's the Mainstreet photo with the parade.
    Mainstreet seems to have a massive amount of trees and one small thing seems to be missing, "The Hub". Maybe I"m wrong, but the castle just seems way to close to the end of main street and it doesn't look like the hub is there. Again, maybe it's just the photo and the angle.

---------- Post added 09-18-2012 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    I hope we get ours soon! We seem to never get anything from them unless they want us to renew!
    I don't even get those
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Its deffently photo shoped. It was taken from the cassle looking twords the frount of the park. You can see righ above the parade float is the Train Station roof-top

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast