Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Have you ever been mistaken for someone while you were at the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dillamond View Post
    I think the ultimate compliment would be people mistaking you for Walt Disney. Oh yeah.
    Side note: 2 years ago I dressed up as Walt for Mickey's Halloween Party. Most guests didn't know who I was (also because I made a nametag, so they maybe even thought I worked there), however, Cast Member's went crazy... even a few of them told me they knew exactly who I was even before reading the nametag. I guess I do bear a little resemblance to Uncle Walt. Needless to say I was delighted.

Name:  waltcarrouselsepia.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  39.7 KBName:  waltfront.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  12.4 KB

Anyway, back on topic... this actually happened at Knotts though, but I took my cousins from out of town and my cousin got confused with Ashton Kutcher... twice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I was walking through the fastpass line for Splash Mountain, wearing a pink tiered skirt, white top and one of the cheaper Disneyland gold-toned crowns when a mother in standby looked at me, smiled and pointed me out to her daughter saying, "Look! It's Sleeping Beauty!" Needless to say, I was extremely flattered. I've had friends tell me that I look like her but to have a complete stranger think that I was her in that getup was very sweet.

• Long live the Fire Lord

A kid thought I was Lil Wayne. Wanted an autograph and everything. I have dreads, but I'm 6 feet tall, and have no tattoos
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Minion

No, but when leaving the Carousel of Progress one day in 1972 I saw my sister and her then-husband ahead of me. I was amazed that they went to Disneyland on the same day we did, but there they were. Her with her long blond hair down to her waist, and him with his huge afro. Interracial couples were rare in those days, so they stood out. I ran up to them yelling, "Hey you guys!!!" They turned around and both looked at me, and it wasn't them. Another couple. I just kept running and said no more.

• Boat shoes all day long

No idea who they think I am...but I get a lot of long, perplexed stares. Not sure what the deal is?
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

I, too, have a phantom twin running around somewhere. I'm consistently stopped by strangers striking up conversations as if we're old friends and they have the most confused looks on their faces whenever I explain i'm not who they think I am!
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Minion

This is veering off the topic, but for a while I had a phantom twin that lived in the same neighborhood as me. Identical to me. Exactly. A few friends mentioned him. I only saw him once, and we passed by each other and looked at each other, and I think we were both stunned by the resemblance and we said nothing. I just kept walking, thinking, "Oh... that's the guy who looks like me... wow they were right..." Then when friends mentioned him after that I would say, "Oh! I've seen him!..." but that was at least 10 years ago and I haven't seen him again so I think he's long gone. But it was eerie. It should have been joyous but it was a little uncomfortable.

My mother used to always be asked to sign autographs because people would swear she was Kathy Bates. I was once recognized at DL from a stage show, that made my day.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I'm often approached by other guests thinking I am a cast member and am asked where this or that is. Even when we were in WDW, it happened there. If I know the answer I always use the 2-finger point in the right direction!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Minion

Nancy, you should be a cast member and in charge of bringing back the Keel Boats!

On the Grand Re-Opening of DCA, we were asked by many people if we worked there because we were dressed 30's-40's. The funny part was that even the CM's and at least one Disney Exec asked as well. They loved it.
    -Marcus

We had a friend, years ago, who looked like Celine Dion. She'd get asked for autographs often. It would happen at Disneyland, too.

When we were on our honeymoon, we spent one day at Universal. We saw my twin. My wife even started talking to him one time, because she wasn't paying attention, and we were near each other in line. Another time (same day), we saw him, but it freaked me out, and I went the other direction. To this day, I regret not getting a picture with him.

• Team Hail HYDRA

People think I'm in there party when I'm single rider

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

One day last year, the guy working the prize desk in the Knott's Berry Farm arcade thought I was Eric Wareheim.

• Always Dreaming

Once when I standing in Frontierland braiding my hair (which was really long at the time), a father walked up and told me his daughter thought I was Rapunzel. I was wearing all black and my hair is brown, but I took a picture with the little girl nonetheless (I know I'm not supposed to do that, but the parents clearly knew I wasn't actually a cast member).
    Also, once while waiting in line to see Merida, a little girl asked me if I was Brave. I still don't know if she was asking if I was Merida or if I was brave. My hair was braided and I was wearing a Gryffindor shirt and a plaid skirt. The plaid skirt is the only thing that could possibly have made her think I was Merida, but I still don't know what she meant there XD

When I went at Halloween dressed as Rapunzel, lots of people thought I actually was her, which was surprising since the costume wasn't complete at the time and didn't have the embroidery on the skirt. I was also waiting in line to meet Rapunzel lol
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast