Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NextGen in DL

• Senior Minion

Re: NextGen in DL

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    Wow....Thanks. Alright I'll look more into it. As of right now...I don't like it!
    You'll like it even less after you read these threads:
    The ultimate example of Disney management's mindset of "If it ain't broke, let's spend a billion bucks to break it."

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 09-18-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Next Gen from what I've read is just not how I would like to go to theme parks....I don't want to HAVE to pan my day ahead of time of wait 40 + on any ride I want to go on it...maybe slow days it wont be so bad but going during the summer...and not making "ride reservations" seems like your get at max 8 rides down the whole day and have waited an hour or more in each line

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    According to Al's article, the Big Brother program hatched in the swamps of Orlando, NEXT GEN/Fastpass Plus, WILL be comming to Walt's Original MK in about two years. Folks, I will say this. The day Anaheim allows TDO to dictate when and where we ride OUR attractions replete with TV screens, computer games, and daycare center games in highly themed queues, is the day we lose DL............
    It's an option, it's not mandatory. You don't have to use it.

I feel like NextGen is for visitors who are coming to the park for the first time, and may not be coming back soon. Someone here (MiceChat) from Australia is going for the first time to Disneyland for a short time, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was more focused on getting on rides and seeing the characters, than looking at every little detail of the park.

People who have annual passes, and have the luxury of going more than once a year, obviously won't use it, because they can take their time around the park; some people can't.

All I'm saying is, put yourself in the place of an everyday guest, who only has 3 days at the happiest place on earth, doesn't go a lot, and wants to fit as much magic in as possible.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^no because if you don't use it.....the lines for something like will be over an hour at 9 AM....everyday the current plan is to have

Next Gen..then FP...then a standby line so it might be not forced on people but it will be almost imposable to go to the parks and walk on rides like Pirates because of this kinda system and that's pretty scary

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I feel like NextGen is for visitors who are coming to the park for the first time, and may not be coming back soon. Someone here (MiceChat) from Australia is going for the first time to Disneyland for a short time, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was more focused on getting on rides and seeing the characters, than looking at every little detail of the park.
    See that, to me, would be a complete shame and misses the point of Disney parks entirely. (I also wouldn't make that assumption either)

• -

I'll wait until we have word from an official source as to whether it's actually coming or not, but I really don't think this will impact wait times more than the current fastpass system.
    Last edited by calsig31; 09-19-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I want to be able to reserve my own bathrooms.

• Closed Account

no because if you don't use it.....the lines for something like will be over an hour at 9 AM....everyday the current plan is to have

Next Gen..then FP...then a standby line so it might be not forced on people but it will be almost imposable to go to the parks and walk on rides like Pirates because of this kinda system and that's pretty scary

EXACTLY. Park conditions and queues will be so unmanegeable (kiss walkons on PIrates, Mansion, SmallWorld, etc goodbye) that you will be FORCED to use it just to get on something w/out waiting in a massive non-moving line.

• Inappropriate

I feel like the crowd flow in Disneyland is way too different from WDW for this to be possible. Disneyland has all the locals and APers that just drop in at different times of the day on a whim. Whereas WDW crowd flow is mostly the tourists who saved up and planned out their vacation for months. I just don't see how it's possible for Disneyland to have the exact same NextGen system.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

"They may take our lives, but not our walk-ons!!!!"

-Braveheart

For me the queues are so detailed, and my thoughts, knowing I'm in DL, are so happy that I don't need interactive queues to keep me occupied. I know a lot of today's youth have limited attention spans and can't go more than a few minutes without some form of technology (really, the more technology we have, the more bored we become), but 'interactive' doesn't belong in Big Thunder's 1880s setting or in classic fairy tales. Nothing like keeping you in the 21st century when you should be transported to a different time and place.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    According to Al's article, the Big Brother program hatched in the swamps of Orlando, NEXT GEN/Fastpass Plus, WILL be comming to Walt's Original MK in about two years. Folks, I will say this. The day Anaheim allows TDO to dictate when and where we ride OUR attractions replete with TV screens, computer games, and daycare center games in highly themed queues, is the day we lose DL............
    I would like to point out that TDO did not develop this. WDI did. For the whole company. Orlando is simply where it was chose to first appear. This is not TDO dictating things at the Anaheim parks in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    I highly doubt that this will even materialize in DL.
    It is coming to DL. Well over a billion dollars was spent on this and it has been in development for years. Orlando is being used as the first public test of it and adjustments and improvements will be made and it will appear in Anaheim.

To claim that this is nothing more than video games in queues or other such nonsense is to judge well before we even understand the scope of the project or what it really entails. Despite Mr. Staggs words about it, he isn't, because he can't, giving us all the details. And hasn't the lesson yet been learned that judging before experiencing is quite often far off the mark?

Yes, it's an experiment. Completely new things being tried out to see if they work and better the experience. Lest we all forget, the park itself was a massive experiment to see if this idea would even work out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Imagineer!!

Wait I'm confused....does this next gen thing work along with regular fastpasses? Or would they be disbanded completely?

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Nutty about Disney parks

I hate the whole aspect of interactive queues. They may keep the kids occupied but it sucks out much of the atmosphere in theme you would get from say the Indiana Jones Adventure queue. At Disney World the Pooh queue isn't that bad but the HM queue looks so incredibly cluttered and out of place now. If you're gonna do an interactive queue don't just dump a whole bunch of activity booths in the queue. Work with your surroundings.

As for the rest of NextGen, I can see how MAYBE ride reservations might be a necessity at WDW where most of the guests are tourists that are required to plan ahead their vacations anyway. I don't see this going over so well at DLR, where it's mostly locals and AP holders who will frequent to DL on a whim.

• Hooterville, USA

They keep raising the price of APs, they won't have a crowd to worry about.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast