Dining Reservations for October

Hello-

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in the parks October 9-14th. We have both been to the parks several times but have never really eaten at any of the restaurants. This time we want to try new things-such as Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, etc (but probably not Blue Bayou). I know that many people make dining reservations a month in advance but I am hesitant because I like to just eat when we are getting hungry and not have a set schedule. Do you think we need to make reservations now in order to eat at the restaurants?

Thanks!

• The doctor is in

Re: Dining Reservations for October

Reservations usually depend on which restaurant you plan on attending. For places like Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans I would say a reservation isn't necessary. You usually have a wait time but that happens at just about every restaurant at some point. Peak lunch and dinner times are always busy so that is just something to consider. I have never waited longer than 20-25min for Cafe Orleans and I don't think I have ever waited for Carnation Cafe.
    If you were planning on Blue Bayou you definitely need a reservation. If you don't make one you have to plan on getting there first thing in the morning when the park opens to put your name on the standby list and hope there are available slots.

The bottom line is it never hurts to make a reservation, but it is a good safety net depending on which restaurants you want to eat at.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Under that tree again!

It really depends on which day and what time of the day as some of your visit will be busy and some quiet.

I'd suggest a reservation it doesn't take anything to make one except 5 or so minutes. It could save you 15-30 minutes of waiting for a table. If it's a slow time you can easily adjust the reservation time the day before or even in the morning for lunch of dinner. If it's for Friday night before the Halloween Party, forget about it, you will be stuck with the reservation and very glad you have one, make it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyShea3 View Post
    Hello-

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in the parks October 9-14th. We have both been to the parks several times but have never really eaten at any of the restaurants. This time we want to try new things-such as Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, etc (but probably not Blue Bayou). I know that many people make dining reservations a month in advance but I am hesitant because I like to just eat when we are getting hungry and not have a set schedule. Do you think we need to make reservations now in order to eat at the restaurants?

Thanks!
    Like said earlier the only restaurant in DL that needs reservations is BB and Minnie's character bfast. I highly suggest BB if you are wanting something romantic. If you are in DCA carthay, ariels, and maybe wine country need reservations.