View Poll Results: Which Disneyland Fireworks Were You're Favorite?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy In The Sky

5 5.05%
  • Believe... There's Magic in the Stars

2 2.02%
  • Imagine... A Fantasy in the Sky

0 0%
  • Remember... Dreams Come True

86 86.87%
  • Magical: An Exploding Celebration In The Sky

6 6.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• film975

Re: If I Had A "Do Over" I'd Skip The So-Called "MAGICAL" Fireworks. Pft!

Problem with Remember... Dreams Come True is that it was made for the park's 50th Anniversary. That was seven years ago. And it's really beginning to show how dated it is now.

• Minion

Remember is, without a doubt, my favorite DL firework show, but Magical is a very close second. I love Magical, especially the music, more specifically the intro where Tink comes out and the Pinocchio section.

I definitely disagree with Remember being only for Disneyland "insiders". If people have been in the park all day, and have been experiencing the attractions, it shouldn't be hard to tell the show is paying tribute to the park and its attractions, whether you're a newbie or not. I would even say WDW, DLP, HKDL and TDL visitors would even enjoy the show. To me, that show speaks to everyone. It may mean more to Disneylanders, but it definitely doesn't exclude others.

Amazing isn't the word to decribe Remember. I'd probably use the statement "out of this world". The best firework show I've seen to date, but Magical is awesome as well.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Magical would be better if they used the original soundtrack rather than one singer trying to cover all the songs, which, ironically, ruins the magic and nostalgia.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    "Remember" is like the MSEP. Excellence that can't be duplicated.
    Agreed.

Also, Im a little shocked/dismayed at the lack of love shown for "Believe...". I think "Believe..." paved the way for shows like "Remember...". Does no one else feel this way?

• Minion

The Xmas fireworks are too short, like 9 mins. I was like.. that's it?

Remember Dreams will always be the best, considering it has the best fireworks, soundtrack, and cost the most $

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    Dumbo really makes that show so emotional
    Magical is emotional because of awkward, manipulative positioning of sad moments from Disney films (e.g. Baby Mine and Cinderella sobbing that she can't go to the ball). The same tactic is used in World of Color when they play Simba's voice saying "Dad!... dad?". I really hate the obvious ploy for the audience's tears. It disgusts me and makes me not want to have anything to do with either show... and I find it sad that it's all that Disney can come up with anymore to stir people's emotions.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Magical is emotional because of awkward, manipulative positioning of sad moments from Disney films (e.g. Baby Mine and Cinderella sobbing that she can't go to the ball). The same tactic is used in World of Color when they play Simba's voice saying "Dad!... dad?". I really hate the obvious ploy for the audience's tears. It disgusts me and makes me not want to have anything to do with either show... and I find it sad that it's all that Disney can come up with anymore to stir people's emotions.
    I hadn't thought of that way before but you're exactly right. Thanks for bringing that up.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Nic

I love Magical. By time it's over, I'm always water-eyed.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• The doctor is in

"Remember" is slaughtering the poll. Wow.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

glad to hear "remember" is the best... apparently they just switched to that one from "magical" - and i'm going to get to see it for the first time

Remember is not only my favorite fireworks show it is quite possibly the most impressive thing I have ever seen. I have traveled the world and seen many things but when I saw this show for the first time in 2005 it effected me deeply. It got me to start buying season passes despite living 210 miles away. I always loved Disneyland but this fireworks show rejuvenated that love. In fact I'm going in 3 weeks and the main reason I picked that week was because on the Monday they are playing this show. I do however differ with others who might be disappointed in other fireworks shows that Disney puts on. I love them all and if I am in the park I see whichever one is showing. I also equally like Fantasmic and World of Color at DCA. In fact I don't really need rides to enjoy myself at the parks. If I just can see Aladdin, WOC, fireworks and Fantasmic I'm good.

I'd have to say remember...I've had so many great times with taking friends to watch this and love the memories watching remember.

• I'm a Lutheran

Although "Remember" will always beat out "Magical" for me, one of my fondest memories in recent years is running in between spaces in the park while both "Magical" and "Fantasmic!" are well underway. It's like there're two shows going on at once and creating this huge echo and glow overhead. The booms of the fireworks and the music from the river is a fantastic blend. All-in-all you can call the sensation "magical."

What's even more magical is watching the fireworks, World of Color, and Fantasmic! all at once from the distant balcony of a Howard Johnson's hotel room. We could literally see all three shows occurring at once. On one side you see fireworks launching into the sky, shortly followed by the spotlights of Fantasmic!, and then all the fountains and colors of World of Color. Even though we couldn't hear the music, it was definitely hard choosing which one to watch!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Problem with Remember... Dreams Come True is that it was made for the park's 50th Anniversary. That was seven years ago. And it's really beginning to show how dated it is now.
    I don't understand how it's dated. Julie Andrews states the year DL began, not the number of years since it opened. RDCT is a show for all-time that they could use on the 75th or even 100th anniversary if they like. It is the show that should be used in July and August when it's the park's anniversary.

And I agree with another poster that RDCT is the most amazing entertainment experience I have seen anywhere in the world, and I've been to a lot of places and other Disney parks. I'm very glad to see it rocking this poll. I also liked Believe, but it can't compare to RDCT. Magical could be a lot better if they tweaked it by putting in the original soundtracks rather than covers and voice-overs. I didn't even know it was Gepetto speaking until he talked about a "real boy." Just use the original recording, Disney, sheesh...

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Just use the original recording, Disney, sheesh...
    This may sound weird but Im pretty sure there are copyright issues between P&R and Walt Disney Animation when using any original recordings (I think). So, if they are trying to produce a show on the cheap it'd be less expensive to record something new than license the original.

I loooove Remember. However.... I still consider "Believe..." to be the best firework music out there. I think the orchestration is just.... beautiful. I also have deep ties with it because I first saw it in one of "those" trips (one of the best... my nine year old self riding Indy and Splash for the first time ) If they tweaked it so that it was more coordinated with the music and used the new tink now, I think it would knock Magical's socks off (I like Magical... but it's just... ok I guess... It has some Magical moments alright... and Eden Espinoza's voice is just astounding). But yeah... also a close runner up... Believe in Holiday Magic of course.
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...