View Poll Results: Which Disneyland Fireworks Were You're Favorite?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy In The Sky

5 5.05%
  • Believe... There's Magic in the Stars

2 2.02%
  • Imagine... A Fantasy in the Sky

0 0%
  • Remember... Dreams Come True

86 86.87%
  • Magical: An Exploding Celebration In The Sky

6 6.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• will-o-the-whip

Re: If I Had A "Do Over" I'd Skip The So-Called "MAGICAL" Fireworks. Pft!

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup View Post
    This may sound weird but Im pretty sure there are copyright issues between P&R and Walt Disney Animation when using any original recordings (I think). So, if they are trying to produce a show on the cheap it'd be less expensive to record something new than license the original.
    That certainly sounds plausible. From a rational point of view, it should simply be one arm of the Disney corporation paying another arm so it's not really a zero-sum game, but I know the corporate bean counters won't see it that way. What a shame... Magical would be so much better and more magical with the original soundtracks.

Without starting a new thread just for this one question, does anyone know when "Believe in Holiday Magic" will begin this year? Thanks.

Remember needs to be the standard for DL. It is the perfect show for when the park isn't celebrating anything and just being itself. I wouldn't mind it staying for many years and continue rotating seasonal shows like they do now. Plus when they play walt's speech I get a little teared up every time.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Blew By You

Fantasy In The Sky was my pick. Simple, and bygone to Yesterland Fireworks shows. As much as I liked "Remember", I'm not a big fan of the crowded condition it caused, nor of the closures of attractions it required. Same for "Magical".

Remember can not be compared to Magical. Remember for me is heartfelt and just gets me. Everytime i aee it im amazed. Magical is good but it does not hit home for me. And Remember is more of disneyland and its attractions, and Magical is more of the classic movies.
    Id much rather see tinkerbell fly and hear walt disneys speech, than see Dumbo fly with not much creative music behind.
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Dive ..... Dive.....

RDCT in its original form with premium pyro shells and all segments intact was by far the best fireworks show ever created. Too bad the show they have now is only a shadow of its former self, designed to compromise for cost savings.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Show me a better audience reaction than this opening night for Remember video… then I’d reconsider my favourite :

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    That certainly sounds plausible. From a rational point of view, it should simply be one arm of the Disney corporation paying another arm so it's not really a zero-sum game, but I know the corporate bean counters won't see it that way. What a shame... Magical would be so much better and more magical with the original soundtracks.

I think it's funny how people are saying this... and then some other people criticize World of Color for doing just this. :P Personally, I love the fact that it's NOT the original soundtracks Especially Magical... Eden Espinoza's voice gives me the chills!!! Especially Chim Chim Cheer-ree and Baby Mine!

And I just saw a bit from Remember and I agree.... I don't think it will be beaten in a looong time.
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Magical is emotional because of awkward, manipulative positioning of sad moments from Disney films (e.g. Baby Mine and Cinderella sobbing that she can't go to the ball). The same tactic is used in World of Color when they play Simba's voice saying "Dad!... dad?". I really hate the obvious ploy for the audience's tears. It disgusts me and makes me not want to have anything to do with either show... and I find it sad that it's all that Disney can come up with anymore to stir people's emotions.

Couldn't disagree more. I think "Magical" incorporates some of Disney's best music.

Clearly some will respond to it one way; others will respond to it in another way. That's just how it is.

That being said though, everyone has their right to their own opinion. And people have the right to not watch it if it irritates them that much.

Personally I can't see anyone being irritated or disgusted by any of the songs being played in "Magical." They're some of Disney's best, most recognizable songs.

I find it interesting that a person would be a Disney fan, yet be so irritated and enraged by what are some of Disney's most classic pieces.

Again though...personal opinion.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. I think "Magical" incorporates some of Disney's best music.

Clearly some will respond to it one way; others will respond to it in another way. That's just how it is.

That being said though, everyone has their right to their own opinion. And people have the right to not watch it if it irritates them that much.

Personally I can't see anyone being irritated or disgusted by any of the songs being played in "Magical." They're some of Disney's best, most recognizable songs.

I find it interesting that a person would be a Disney fan, yet be so irritated and enraged by what are some of Disney's most classic pieces.

Again though...personal opinion.
    Really? You don't find the use of music and dialogue from tragic moments in Disney films a little out of place within a bombastic fireworks or fountain show? I mean, they actually use audio of a Disney character sobbing crying... and another character-a child even-speaking to his father's dead body. This doesn't seem odd at all?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Really? You don't find the use of music and dialogue from tragic moments in Disney films a little out of place within a bombastic fireworks or fountain show? I mean, they actually use audio of a Disney character sobbing crying... and another character-a child even-speaking to his father's dead body. This doesn't seem odd at all?
    Not really. Being from Disney films it makes it just as out of place as anything else. There are negative elements to Disney movies and why can't those be celebrated just as much as the good. In that regard Magical is even more Disney than Remember, since Remember contains at leadt three non-Disney songs -- The theme to Indiana Jones and Star Wars, and Shenandoah.

It does seem a bit odd at first... and that's why I love it!!! I remember the first time I saw WOC in that part (Mufasa's Death) I cried... (I had never cried in a Disney show up to that point)... and my reaction was like "WHAT? THEY CAN'T DO THAT IN A DISNEY SHOW? WHHYY?" ... but the fact that I did not expect it at all was what I loved about it... It might be a bit on the "risque" side but I guess that is what makes it so good (In my humble opinion). Same with Magical (though I think that's not nearly as sad as Mufasa in WOC).
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• Minion

Not really, I guess. Disney movies do include sadness and despair to be sure, but I think the Magical fireworks program (can't speak on the California Adventure show because I haven't seen it) attempts to show what the movies themselves show...that it is possible to overcome. Things happen, but when you believe, it becomes a magical experience. And things do turn out well in the end. I personally find "Magical" uplifting by the end of the presentation. But that's me. I certainly respect your opinion as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123