• Chief Troublemaker

So far, so wonderful

DH & I are halfway thru our 4 day visit. So far it's been a blast. Our last trip was in 2005 and never during Halloween time so needless to say I've seen some new things and some changes! I really like HMH. I know some more frequent visitors get bored with it, but I thought it was fun. Same with (don't shoot me) the Nemo Subs.

Crowds have been manageable. I will say that I've seen more line cutting and jumping than I've ever seen here (& I used to be a local). And I notice that most of the CMs (if there are any even monitoring the line to begin with) are pretty much looking the other way. It's more than the occasional 'potty break parents' returning to lines, which I have no problem with, but usually 2-3 teens calling up groups of 5-7 of their friends. Frustrating. I haven't notice what I would think of as blatant abuse of GAC. Maybe because it hasn't been real crowded.

Oh goodness, look at the time! Time to get ready for EMH at DCA. FYI, the 'wide right technique' works like a charm. But more & more are using it. You hear continual whispers "stay right, stay right" from the crowd. LOL

More later. Hopefully I can get some pics on.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Re: So far, so wonderful

Thanks for the report! "wide right technique"?

• Chief Troublemaker

At rope drop at DCA, as they walk you to Carsland, stay as far to the right as you can. As you approach RSR, they start to funnel the crowd to the right to enter the ride, if you are already to the far right, you will be closer to the front of the line. Worked great, we were about the 10th - 15th on the ride both days.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Thanks for the report! "wide right technique"?
    Not sure what the policy is of posting links to other forums... so just go to google and search "wide right technique"... the first result should answer your question.

What do you mean by manageable crowds? I was hoping for no crowd!

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by radiatorsprings View Post
    What do you mean by manageable crowds? I was hoping for no crowd!
    Meaning to me that I pretty much had ease of movement thru the parks without being bumped around or pushed off the sidewalks. People moved where they wanted to go without bottle necking. At both Parks the wait times were pretty much under 30 min (except RSR, SMGG, & Splash) with quite a few walk ons at various times during the day including HMH. Fastpasses were easily obtainable (except RSR). See, I think even crowds are subjective. For my DH, who is not a Disney person, it was crowded because he had to wait at all!

On the Stormy Smile Scale (from 0= get me outta here to 3=manageable to 5=wow I feel like I'm the only one here!) ; Monday 3, Tuesday 3, Wednesday 4.

Today is our last day. Hoping it will be even less crowded. I'll do a more complete recap when we get home.
    Last edited by Stormy; 09-20-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    At rope drop at DCA, as they walk you to Carsland, stay as far to the right as you can. As you approach RSR, they start to funnel the crowd to the right to enter the ride, if you are already to the far right, you will be closer to the front of the line. Worked great, we were about the 10th - 15th on the ride both days.
    Thanks! We'll make this our plan.