:shy: need help with AP

I want to upgrade my 3day park hopper to an AP after I use my first day on the early morning magic. How do I go about doing this like whre would I go and do I have to pay a down payment if I already spent 250 on a 3day Hopper? I would like to use the discounts on food and merch the remainder of the stay.

• Under that tree again!

Re: :shy: need help with AP

Take your hopper to the ticket booths to upgrade it.

When I've done this I payed for my AP in full, or that is I paid the difference, AP price minus what I paid for my hopper.

It sounds like you want to use the payment plan since you mention down payment. When you do this your hopped will be your down payment. Then split the remaining amount owed by 12, you will need to pay the first of twelve payments then.

Thank you for your response. So do they print your AP right there and are the discounts available same day?

• Minion

They should issue you a physical card at the ticket booth that you will then take to the turnstiles. They'll ask you for your ID since you don't have a photo linked to it yet and will then advise you to see any Photopass Photographer to take a picture and put on your card. It'll take a few hours so you'll still have to show ID if you park hop. You can get discounts the same day, but you'll again have to show your ID since the registers don't show pictures.

do you get like a gift such as a pin for upgrading or is the access to the parks gift enough?

• Minion

You don't get anything for upgrading, as far as I know.

How do you get your pix on your AP's? Come back to the booth later?

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    How do you get your pix on your AP's? Come back to the booth later?
    You don't get a picture on your AP anymore. When you purchase an AP at the ticket booth, they give you your permanent AP card and tell you to get a photo taken for administrative purposes by a Photopass photographer. Each time you pass through the turnstiles at either park, your photo will pop up on the computer screens so Cast members can make sure you are the one using your AP.

so what is the discount like at the resort hotels it doesnt give a specific discount amount. and that is too bad I would have liked to had a pin saying AP or something since I have never had one. I am so excited to get my own AP!!! Do APers get early entry ever?

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    so what is the discount like at the resort hotels it doesnt give a specific discount amount. and that is too bad I would have liked to had a pin saying AP or something since I have never had one. I am so excited to get my own AP!!! Do APers get early entry ever?
    Nope, no early entry.

• -

Do APers get early entry ever?
    They were doing an early entry thing for pass holders over the summer, but you had to reserve your day in advance. I'm not sure if they are still doing it.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Well, there was the promotion last summer where AP's could get a select day of early entry to DCA...

• Under that tree again!

so what is the discount like at the resort hotels it doesnt give a specific discount amount. and

Do APers get early entry ever?
    The hotels have various discounts, you can get the rates online when you have your AP, but anyone can call Disney Hotel Reservations and ask for the AP rate. Often calling can also lead to a better rate than posted on the AP website. You can also book the AP rate but will need your AP in hand at check in. Some people go to the gates to get thier new AP and then back to the hotel to check in. Generally the AP discounts are 0% to 20% less than the general rates.

Several offsite hotels also offer distcounts.

Since you ask about hotel distounts this may apply. If you stay onsite your get Extra Magic Hours everyday of your visit check in to check out. EMH is the onsite hotel guest early admission. All you need is admission and a to show your room key at the gates.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I believe there are certain pins that can only be bought by AP holders. Not sure which store to send you. I like the pin store in New Orleans Square across from Court of Angels. You might try there after you upgrade.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!