Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After Christmas at Disneyland?

Going to be at Disneyland from December 26-29 this year.
    Can anyone tell me what it's like during this time please?
    My family is very into the characters, are they still out in holiday outfits,
    or is everything pretty much back to normal? Any rare characters usually?

-Corey

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: After Christmas at Disneyland?

The time from Christmas through New Year are still in full holiday swing. Just don't be surprised at how crowded it is as this is one of the busiest times of the year. We will be there from the 22-26 and are already bracing for the crowds. We just wanted to spend Christmas at Disneyland now that our kids are older. Good luck and have fun.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

This is one of the peak times so everything is still ago. We surprised our kids on Christmas with tickes and DL money..then left for DL two days later, they had a lot of fun..the park was pretty packed but all in all it was fun!

•   
    • Banned User

It could just be my perception but I've gone during the holiday season for the last few years and it seems like the last week of December is actually the busiest one. Given the chance to go again I'd probably favor the week before Christmas, but we're only talking maybe 3-5% less crowds then. ( No factual figures, just my personal estimate. )

Christmas to NYE is really busy, but after New Year's it drops off quite a bit. I have to look how late they're keeping the holiday goodies up, because it's beautiful and I'd like to see it, but I have zero desire to fight holiday crowds. Early December also is quieter.

I hope your trip goes well! Maybe you'll get lucky and get a light-crowd day.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Blew By You

Certainly a busy time at Disneyland. This is the week where one could hear accounts of Disneyland stopping ticket sales and closing the gates and so on. But it's greatly decorated and the weather is cooler to handle the crowds, maybe. There'll be two bowl games at the Rose Bowl at the time, so there will be plenty of out of state fans who will have Disneyland in their sights. Still, there will be time to have fun.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Last year we hit in the week after with low crowds and all the Christmas goodies. It was a nice 4 day trip and we loved having the decorations out. I have been many years in the past after Christmas and on NYE..it is PACKED. NYE is a blast, since the park opens early and closes late, like 8am to 2am. But you will have massive, and I mean MASSIVE crowds to contend with. If you can handle that and plan accordingly, it can still be fun. And as others said, plan for days where the park reaches capacity. Now you should probably add DCA to that capacity issue, with people in the Carsland area too.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the info & good wishes for our trip
    We are definitely expecting it to be busy so hopefully we'll be ready for that.
    Are the characters in special outfits? Are there any rarer characters that come out for the holidays?

Thanks again,
    Corey

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

You might also want to check out the thread by RegionsBeyond: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...2-edition.html.

As for the characters, I don't know about rare characters being out. Hopefully Cap'nHook will see this thread, he pretty much knows what is what with the characters. I do believe that the Fab 5 characters do have holiday outfits.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• The doctor is in

From what I understand the holiday theme sticks through New Years. You will still have the Christmas Mickeys and characters along with all the decorations.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Christmas to NYE is really busy, but after New Year's it drops off quite a bit.
    Thanks! That's good to know that it will be quiet because I'm going to DL on the first week of January! By the way, I have a choice of either Jan 1st or 2nd as my first day of DL, which one will have the least crowds?

Does anyone know when the parks start getting super packed for Christmas? I'll be going December 7th-9th.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I would start on the second if I were you. The first starts slow but tends to be busy later until close from people who didn't close out the new year late.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    Does anyone know when the parks start getting super packed for Christmas? I'll be going December 7th-9th.
    In 2008 I went the week of Thanksgiving and the place was jammed. The average wait time for rides was 45-50min, if not more, so I would guess the whole month of December can be dicey all the way through New Years.
    The bottom line is Disneyland is always crowded no matter when you go. It's just the matter of when is it less crowded.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

The only bad day I've ever had at the DLR was on Christmas Day. It's just sooo packed!
    We assumed everyone would be at home with their families but it was quite the opposite.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast