• Banned User

Question Holiday Parties/ APs

So in Al's latest update he mentions a very disturbing idea of them lumping xmas entertainment into a separate ticket event. Personally my first thought is, "how money grubbing can you get?". But what's weirder is he says they're targeting APs. I found this crazy, because the last thing I'm gonna do after giving them 600 already, is pay for events that have been included before. So I'm just wondering...fellow APs, would you even consider actually paying even more just for some holiday events? This just continues the slap in the face that was making the Halloween fireworks event only, if you ask me. The only thing I might consider would be an addition to the passes, similar to the parking option, where for a steep discount, you could add the holiday parties. But again, Holiday seasons should not be ticket event in my opinion. Thoughts?

Re: Holiday Parties/ APs

Personally I wouldn't pay extra. However, I don't celebrate christmas.

• Just drawn that way

I don't have the extra money to spend on a party. I also hate that the halloween fireworks are event only. I know they do those at MK in WDW....but those parks close early anyways...Why in the busy time...when alot of Family's are visiting would you close the park down for even more private events then they have already....
    *L'sigh* oh...well...there goes Christmas....

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Frankly, if they are targeting the AP and local crowd as Al mentioned, then they are barking up the wrong tree. I cannot imagine a pass holder paying for that as a separate ticket, considering the huge price rise they implemented this year and from what I have read, more than likely will do again next year (hopefully not later this year). That's one of the reasons we are skipping the Halloween parties this year.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

meh, I'm an AP holder and I'd pay. But I pay for the xmas tour anyway, so I'm used to the extra expense at the holidays. If there were enough perks to the party I'd totally go. I go to the Halloween party every year and love the lower crowds...I think they are banking on the uber goobs like me who don't mind dropping a few extra bucks on entertainment around the holidays. Not that I think they should privilege the wealthy, but they do anyway, so...I just accept it at this point.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Frankly, if they are targeting the AP and local crowd as Al mentioned
    Targeting the AP holder, not at all, targeting everyone. These special events are to generate more revenue per customer. Are the Halloween Parties just for AP holders, not at all. Sure many AP holders go to the parties, but many are in the parks during regular hours too.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    meh, I'm an AP holder and I'd pay. But I pay for the xmas tour anyway, so I'm used to the extra expense at the holidays. If there were enough perks to the party I'd totally go. I go to the Halloween party every year
    Me too, I enjoy the parties and keep going back. I've done the Very Merry Christmas Party in MK and it's obvious it will make its way to DLR, it's only a matter of time.

It was nice when you could get special fireworks and other stuff included in regular admission. I just don't feel entitled to get them, IIthought of them as a bonus. For some it's a reason to go during the season and so are and would be special ticketed parties.

Money grab. But if people will pay for it DLR will gladly take the cash.