Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Cunning infiltrator

Does any think Disneyland is overrated?

Most of the time I overheard many teenagers of today and college students say Disneyland is overrated, since they don't have many 'fun' rides, the food prices are high, and the admission is expensive. Really now? That's ignorant thinking. There are many fun rides that all can enjoy. Also it is a quality theme park that beats other so-cal theme parks around the LA County area. I think the admission is worth the price if you spend your whole day at DL and DCA. Just don't miss out the rides and leave pretty early.

To me, well no. Because I'd appreciate for what it is and the park's history and values.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• The doctor is in

Re: Does any think Disneyland is overrated?

Disney has never been overrated to me whether the reference is to the theme parks or the movies. I think Disney is something that people of any age can enjoy and that is something unique to bring to the table. Most people I have met that say Disneyland/Disneyworld is overrated have either never been or only went as a young child and never went back. People travel from all over the world to Disney parks. That kind of speaks for itself, imo.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Closed Account

Yep.

I and my wife had more fun at the LA County fair for far less money. Disneyland lost its charm and ambiance a long time ago, when it started catering to the kiddies rather than the (paying) adults. It's definitely not what it was. And since so many young people don't know what it once was (and more importantly--don't even care), we'll never see its likes again.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 09-20-2012 at 05:35 PM.

• Greetings, Program!

No.

But then again I don't really buy much into anything said by teenagers anyway.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Minion

It was overrated at the beginning in the 1950s, because there wasn't much there.
    It was definitely not overrated in the 1960s and 1970s. It deserved its reputation then.
    But yes, sadly it is overrated now. The experience of going there is just not the same now.
    You can still make the best of it and have a good time there, if you know how.
    But is definitely overpriced and overrated now. And it has a lot of competition now.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Yep.

I and my wife had more fun at the LA County fair for far less money. Disneyland lost its charm and ambiance a long time ago, when it started catering to the kiddies rather than the (paying) adults. It's definitely not what it was. And since so many young people don't know what it once was (and more importantly--don't even care), we'll never see its likes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    It was overrated at the beginning in the 1950s, because there wasn't much there.
    It was definitely not overrated in the 1960s and 1970s. It deserved its reputation then.
    But yes, sadly it is overrated now. The experience of going there is just not the same now.
    You can still make the best of it and have a good time there, if you know how.
    But is definitely overpriced and overrated now. And it has a lot of competition now.
    Bingo x 2.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Nutty about Disney parks

I could spend a whole day at a Disney park just for atmosphere alone and not ride any rides. Regardless of how overrated it might have gotten, I'd still rather have this in a short distance from home than a Six Flags or a Cedar Park or a fair (all three of which mostly cater to people who wouldn't hold Disney parks to a high esteem anyway).
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Disney is marketed as elite in it's class. The high prices perpetuate that feeling by making it an experience only those with considerable resources can have often. When the general public is limited to 3 days a year or less it's super exciting to them. In my opinion it's the "grass is greener on the other side" concept. We all want what we can't have! If it seems unattainable it gives it that extra rating.

Now don't get me wrong, the Disney experience is amazing. But I wonder how much of that is in our brain that it's this amazing.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Yes...totally overrated...so uh, no reason for you all to go there. Move along...nothing to see. Is my semi-transparent attempt at thinning out the crowds working? No? Damn.

Wow, can't believe I'm reading some of these posts. Overrated for a person that has been going there since childhood or a local with an AP, perhaps I can see that opinion. Yes, there are habitual price increases that infuriates us that perhaps causes our perception of Disneyland magic to decrease but to say as a random person that has never visited or visited limited times... I can't bring myself to believe they would think Disneyland is overrated.

• Under that tree again!

Acual proof it's not overated.

A postive slope on graphs of attendance and admission prices versus years the park has been open.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Acual proof it's not overated.

A postive slope on graphs of attendance and admission prices versus years the park has been open.
    Ye old supply and demand graph. I'm sure if you shade that area between the horizontal and vertical vertices it would be a sizeable chunk of graph.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Yes...totally overrated...so uh, no reason for you all to go there. Move along...nothing to see. Is my semi-transparent attempt at thinning out the crowds working? No? Damn.
    LOL Nice try tho!

• Nic

I find it funny that some people here keep saying how overrated it is, but somehow find time in their everyday life to post messages on a forum devoted to Disneyland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

I'm really shocked a mice chat columnist said he has more fun at the fair and its overrated. Why be a columnist on a fan site if Disney is overrated.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast