Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Capt without a ship...

Re: HELP! How to do both parks in one day...

I see Cheshire only allotted about an hour for eating at Carthay - from reservation, seating, ordering, eating, etc - it'll absorb much more time than that. Carthay really is a slower paced dining.

You might want to check out Touring Plans, as well. I've found that their stats for timing are sometimes a bit off, but their general touring plans and tips for getting around the parks are pretty good. (I don't work for them, but I have used their stuff before.) Their blog also has some good articles about how to get through the resort with Cars Land.

Also, I agree with hitting Cars Land first thing in the morning. But you definitely want to get there early enough to get in the FP line BEFORE the park opens. Otherwise, the FP will be gone. Your other options are to get in early (which you can do as either a hotel guest or possibly as a passholder, not sure if this is still available, depending on the day) or to run straight to the RSR line as soon as you can get in. If you go later in the day, be prepared for around a 2-3 hour wait depending on the day and time. Or you can go in the single rider line. If the single rider line is at 45 minutes or less, I always jump in.

If you really want to do as much as possible, I'd suggest having a plan before you go. This will keep you from wandering too much - although wandering can be fun too.

For the evening entertainment, if you want to catch all of the big shows, it is possible to do so depending on the times for everything. For example, I have actually done the following: 9pm Fantasmic, 9:30pm fireworks, 10pm World of Color. You just have to walk VERY fast, sit in strategic areas so you can get out as soon as the show is over and move on to the next place, be willing to work your away around the CM crowd control roadblocks, and worm your way through the crowd politely but firmly. It's easier to do all this with fewer people in your party.

Good luck!

I agree with all the insightful things above-TouringPlans.com is only $6.95 for a year. Though they have a good, statistically-based plan for doing DL the most efficiently, I don't think they have a one-day DL/DCA plan. I would recommend getting very smart on fastpasses on this site and using all the single rider lines--Splash, Indy (if open) Matterhorn, Grizzly Rapids, Soarin', Screamin'. There's a big blue "S" on the maps.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYnerd View Post
    INDY CLOSED?
    OH Chesire it has, i had my main 1 of 9 MAJOR anxiety attacks at DTA in line, out of know were and is why i have not been back all year lol
    Then you should definitely take advantage of that.

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RSZero1 View Post
    I see Cheshire only allotted about an hour for eating at Carthay - from reservation, seating, ordering, eating, etc - it'll absorb much more time than that. Carthay really is a slower paced dining.
    Hm, thanks for the correction, I've never dined there before.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12