Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is RSR still breaking down as often?

Just curious because our first trip since Carsland opened is next month.

Seems like summer reports had it down nearly every day for awhile. Hopefully its problems are becoming less as time goes by.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Banned User

Re: Is RSR still breaking down as often?

Nope. Not breaking down as much. Bugs being worked out.

• The doctor is in

I think I am going to skip RSR when I go. Seeing a 50min wait time posted on my Disneyland app last night around 8pm doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I think I am going to skip RSR when I go. Seeing a 50min wait time posted on my Disneyland app last night around 8pm doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
    Grab a fastpass

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

we don't have a problem doing the single rider thing. If we're not in the parks first thing in the morning to grab the FP's we'll probably miss out for that day.

Glad to hear they're working out the bugs. Should be perfect in a couple weeks. ha ha ha

• Nic

50 minutes for 8 PM isn't that horrible. I've seen Space Mountain wait times much bigger than that at the same time.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    50 minutes for 8 PM isn't that horrible. I've seen Space Mountain wait times much bigger than that at the same time.
    I am surprised at a wait time that long when it is late at night. In my experiences a max wait time for a ride around 8-9pm is like 20-25min, if that. I have walked on rides with no wait time earlier than that.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Here’s my take on RSR. We just got back from a 4 day trip to DLR. Monday afternoon my DD and I went to DCA in the afternoon and went over to RSR and it was down. Did the tires which was a blast. We really got it moving. Then went back to RSR and it was up and running. Did single rider and only waited about 15 minutes and got to ride it for the first time. What a great ride!! Wed morn did early entry, DW, DD and I got into CA about 9:30am and went to RSR and posted a 40 minute wait. We went into the line and twice the ride broke down. Both times about 10 minutes. We waited and rode it again and had a great time. My DW and DD wanted to see Aladdin and went to the 12:40 show. I didn’t want to go since we’re seen it many times. I did Cal Screaming and then went over to RSR to ride again. Went through single rider and was in the loading line in less than 10 minutes. Was in the next group to load and it broke down. Waited about 15 minutes and it started and the group in front got into the car and went down to the start. RSR again stopped and waited for about 30 minutes. Then they started to take people off the ride. Lots of people in line started to leave and since I was going to meet my DW and DD to have lunch I also left. Glad I was able to ride it twice but looks like lots of problems and hope they get the bugs worked out and have it more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytom1 View Post
    Hereís my take on RSR. We just got back from a 4 day trip to DLR. Monday afternoon my DD and I went to DCA in the afternoon and went over to RSR and it was down. Did the tires which was a blast. We really got it moving. Then went back to RSR and it was up and running. Did single rider and only waited about 15 minutes and got to ride it for the first time. What a great ride!! Wed morn did early entry, DW, DD and I got into CA about 9:30am and went to RSR and posted a 40 minute wait. We went into the line and twice the ride broke down. Both times about 10 minutes. We waited and rode it again and had a great time. My DW and DD wanted to see Aladdin and went to the 12:40 show. I didnít want to go since weíre seen it many times. I did Cal Screaming and then went over to RSR to ride again. Went through single rider and was in the loading line in less than 10 minutes. Was in the next group to load and it broke down. Waited about 15 minutes and it started and the group in front got into the car and went down to the start. RSR again stopped and waited for about 30 minutes. Then they started to take people off the ride. Lots of people in line started to leave and since I was going to meet my DW and DD to have lunch I also left. Glad I was able to ride it twice but looks like lots of problems and hope they get the bugs worked out and have it more reliable.
    Wow, sounds like some days are better than others. Its been up and running three months now. I hope the breakdowns will be few and far between before long.

About how long after park opens doesFP run out

• Minion

Why does it break down?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Why does it break down?
    I believe they are still working out all the bugs.

• former CM

It would be nice to get accurate information from CMs who work on this every day. Maybe our weekly update heroes could start making some RSR CM connections. ("Hello, Joe, from Fullerton. What's the word on the racetrack?")

But here's my anecdotal, overpriced two cents: I've been to DCA about half a dozen times in the last six weeks
    (getting the most out of our expensive APs after a two-year break from D land) and I have not once seen this attraction down. I've only been on it twice (both times within the last three weeks) and everything on the attraction seemed to be working perfectly. Outstanding attraction, btw!

I concur with "Pizzapants" (post 4) and also suggest you get FPs for RSR. We got in the park 40 minutes after it opened and the line for FPs was run by a bunch of excellent CMs who made it move very quickly. So at about 8:40am we got FPs for 1:25, and because the FP system allows you to get more FPs two hours after you get the last FPs, we went on Toy Story Midway Mania twice, then had a nice, mostly healthy breakfast at Flo's V8 Cafe with a great view of RSR, and were soon getting more FPs.

Have fun and do take in the very short but very good preview for Frankenweenie in the Muppet 3D theater.

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    Of course (I'm sure you know) it depends on the day. But I too would like some examples of when they run out, and when in the morning people have received FPs that let you ride at about 7:30 or 8pm. I'd love to get RSR FPs for about an hour after sunset.

My gradeschooler goes to bed early, so I'm looking forward to earlier sunsets so we can spend more time in Carsland in the darkness.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-21-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Grammar & spelling breakdowns

• film975

Racers has a lot of the same problems that Test Track at EPCOT does. It's just a very complicated ride system. But I'm sure that a lot of those problems will be worked out.

I am surprised at a wait time that long when it is late at night. In my experiences a max wait time for a ride around 8-9pm is like 20-25min, if that. I have walked on rides with no wait time earlier than that.
    Space mountain waits,even w/FP at night can be LOOOONG

---------- Post added 09-21-2012 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    I just read in one of the new trip reports that they ran out by 11am but their trip was midweek and she said the park was around a 3.5 busy level.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast