Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 96
  1. #76

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Dropping sponsorship does not mean that the non-exclusive treat will leave.

  2. #77

    • I'm from Canada eh!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    This is almost as bad as when I heard that Chevron was leaving Autopia!

  3. #78

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Well, Magic Mountain has the Whips now. And not just Pineapple but also Strawberry and Mango (both of which are GREAT).


  4. #79

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,420

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    I'll believe it when i don't see it


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  5. #80

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    If Dole does not renew the sponsorship. They, Disney, would have to pay Dole if they wanted to keep selling it and calling it Dole Whip or change the name of the drink.

  6. #81

    • terrifiednerds.com
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Posts
    56

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    There is nothing better than a nice cold Dole Whip on a hot summer day!

    The destruction of the classic Disneyland continues. Soon you won't recognize the place, as it will be someplace else. It's already more than half-way there. Hopefully, when virtual reality comes about, we will be able to return to the "real" Disneyland--not the Finding Nemo Subs, Tarzan Treehouse Frankenstein they are creating in it's place.

  7. #82

    • Doombuggy Rider
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SIN CITY
    Posts
    213

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Hearsay - I'll believe it when (or if) I see it (and / or read it) ...

    Dole Whips are addicting (I have one every single time I visit Disneyland and they perk me up like a monster energy drink) ... yes, Dole Whips are pricey (its Disneyland, everything costs more), but they are also cheap compared to the price of other drinks / desserts served inside the Theme Park ...

    While I can't wait for the Enchanted Tiki Room's 50th Anniversary, I still remain convinced that Corporate Sponsorship helped finance the maintenance of Rides and Attractions (if I'm wrong? then someone please explain why during the Eisner years there were less Corporate Sponsoring and the admission price kept going up faster then inflation?) ....

    Next think you know someone will start a rumor that they're serving turkish snowcones in Adventureland (lol) ...

    C J


    now THAT is a Dole Whip tshirt !

    Name:  Dole-Whip-Shirt.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  63.8 KB


    I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

    http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

    http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

  8. #83

    • Shablagoo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    8,914

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post

    now THAT is a Dole Whip tshirt !

    Name:  Dole-Whip-Shirt.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  63.8 KB
    Yes, yes it is. I got one myself.

  9. #84

    • Hot FIRE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    268

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    They'll find a way to keep it in one way or another. Too many people love it too much for it to be gone altogether. Not that I mind because I dislike pineapple.

    ...As I see it

  10. #85

    • Pathetically Obsessed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Burbs of Seattle
    Posts
    661

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Dole whip now sold at Blisberri in Bellevue Square Mall, Bellevue, WA!!!

    it's a little cold (well, it's a LOT cold), but just close your eyes and your back in The Park!!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

    "Which one's Will?

  11. #86

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    778

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Just so long as they keep some kind of dole whip style treat I don't care what they call it or who sponsors it!

    I like the idea of a variety of flavors that someone says are at Magic Mountain.

  12. #87

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    328

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    Hearsay - I'll believe it when (or if) I see it (and / or read it) ...

    Dole Whips are addicting (I have one every single time I visit Disneyland and they perk me up like a monster energy drink) ... yes, Dole Whips are pricey (its Disneyland, everything costs more), but they are also cheap compared to the price of other drinks / desserts served inside the Theme Park ...

    While I can't wait for the Enchanted Tiki Room's 50th Anniversary, I still remain convinced that Corporate Sponsorship helped finance the maintenance of Rides and Attractions (if I'm wrong? then someone please explain why during the Eisner years there were less Corporate Sponsoring and the admission price kept going up faster then inflation?) ....

    Next think you know someone will start a rumor that they're serving turkish snowcones in Adventureland (lol) ...

    C J


    now THAT is a Dole Whip tshirt !

    Name:  Dole-Whip-Shirt.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  63.8 KB
    Is anything special planned for the 50th anniversary next year?

  13. #88

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Had our first dole whip last visit. One of each, juice, float and whip. Why did it take so long...now it shall become a requirement.

  14. #89

    • Doombuggy Rider
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SIN CITY
    Posts
    213

    Re: Dole Whip leaving

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    Is anything special planned for the 50th anniversary next year?


    Name:  srr496743SMALL.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  98.6 KB


    I have not heard anything, although I was amused by the DOLE WHIP and CHURRO t-shirts that were sold inside the Walt Disney Theme Parks .... and I collected the SHAG art commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room (I guess Team Disney Anaheim will make an announcement sometime in 2013 when - or if - they're celebrating the 50th Anniversary of our favorite menagerie of tikis, birds and flowers) ....

    Mice Chat is always a great place to stand by for further info -



    Name:  tikiprint.gif
Views: 293
Size:  63.4 KB


    C J


    I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

    http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

    http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

  15. #90

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'll kill em. Dole Whip Prices go up...
    By captsmith84 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 07:57 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 03:44 PM
  3. Is the Dole Whip an acquired taste?
    By lafantasma in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 12:20 PM
  4. Dole Whip question!
    By wolfy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 08:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •