Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I will say this, they did a great job with the food I love they dinning choices at DCA much more then Disneyland.
    I agree, the food is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I don't necessarily hate DCA but I don't love it either. One issue that just can't stand is the lack of shade. You have these enormous walk ways around the park with benches every what? Two feet :confused: but no shade. Maybe that will come in time who knows. It really annoys me. I can not stand the games area in Paradise Pier! They need to remove those ASAP.

I'm sure eventually the park will be fixed to a certain extent but it will never have the full "Disney magic" that other parks have. I just think it's too far gone. I will say this, they did a great job with the food I love they dinning choices at DCA much more then Disneyland.
    I agree that the carny games are really annoying and I don't ever see anyone getting that excited over them. They don't compare to arcades or the shooting gallery.

I think the ideas to bring DCA some historically themed rides would help big time. Instead of pirates why don't they do a big E-ticket ride themed around Zorro? Or they could do a live action Zorro stunt show. They need to pick a theme though instead of just throwing the Pixar rides in that aren't that imaginative and don't have anything to do with CA.

• They wanna know, HO!

Yes, it can be saved. And yes, it will take forever. The main thing that needs to be replaced is the cheapo section, aka the Warf and San Franscisco. Add more shows and rides there.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Does anyone remember the article that Al Lutz wrote a long time ago back when he was still at mouse planet when he did an article about changing DCA into a Disney's America? And yes, it can be done! He brings up some interesting ideas in that one. I'll post a link in a couple of minuites.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I agree, the food is good.
    More importantly, they serve alcohol there. That's the only ticket to enjoying that park right there.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    More importantly, they serve alcohol there. That's the only ticket to enjoying that park right there.
    For Ralphie, it's the only ticket for enjoying both parks.

Ah, Disney Muggles...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    Been thinking about this for a while? :P
    I've never been to the park either, oddly enough. I've just been looking at maps and participating in "What would you do to raise DCA attendance?" for ages now.

I think DCA can be fixed and it will take time.

Walt's love of Trains!

• Always dreaming

I think it is a little past the point of no return as to changing the entire theme of DCA.

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer_2
    I think it is a little past the point of no return as to changing the entire theme of DCA.
    It would be a marketing nightmare too. The theme is in place, they just have to keep running with it...

• Senior Minion

I don't think it will be possible for DCA's core -- it's "soul" if you will -- to be changed by any amount of cosmetic theme revisions or ride additions, no matter how much money is spent.

The money is irrelevant. DCA is a creation of Disney corporate groupthink. The DCA experience will remain fundamentally generic, prepackaged, and (compared to the vision that created Disneyland) essentially soulless.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer_2
    It depends on the new theme. If they simply drop the word "California" from the name, it would remove the limitation for new lands and rides to be themed only to the golden state. California Sorin' becomes Sorin'. ETC. Doesn't ruin the park, it just opens up the possibilities.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Like I said before, I would love to see it revamped into a Disney's America like Al suggested when he worked for Mouse Planet. And yes, it can be done! Think of the possibilities! Here's the link to the article:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dca/america.htm

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    It depends on the new theme. If they simply drop the word "California" from the name, it would remove the limitation for new lands and rides to be themed only to the golden state.
    Ditto this. You could name the place "Disney's ADVENTURE!" and people would still know what it is while the name change is subtle enough that people would recognize something big has happened. Almost nobody actually bothers to include the "California" anyway when talking about the park because of all the syllables, so just drop that part and carry on.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast