Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Former Cast Member

Re: Mickey's Toontown not classically Disney??

Toontown is an abomination to the park. It is a reminder of everything that was wrong with the Disney Company during the Eisner Years. Roger Rabbit was meant to replace Mickey. It was an awful sexually laced cartoon that wasn't even released under the Disney name and it threatened the very foundation of Disney's Legacy with Eisner pushing Roger over Mickey. If that doesn't tell you what I think of the Roger Rabbit styled land then I don't know what else to say. I go there for the little Roller Coaster for my <40" kids and then I avoid the land like a plague.

SpaceMtnAlum94
    Very few have had the privilege of operating Space Mountain. Fewer still have pushed the A-lift stop. I am one of those few.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMtnAlum94 View Post
    Toontown is an abomination to the park. It is a reminder of everything that was wrong with the Disney Company during the Eisner Years. Roger Rabbit was meant to replace Mickey. It was an awful sexually laced cartoon that wasn't even released under the Disney name and it threatened the very foundation of Disney's Legacy with Eisner pushing Roger over Mickey. If that doesn't tell you what I think of the Roger Rabbit styled land then I don't know what else to say. I go there for the little Roller Coaster for my <40" kids and then I avoid the land like a plague.

SpaceMtnAlum94
    I really wish you wouldn't be so wishy washy with your opinion...please make it clearer on how you feel about it.

Sorry...I just couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    I love Toontown too!

Listen to the W.A.C.K.Y. Toon Radio at Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin queue where Baby Sherman is listening too. You can find the source audio too.

Toontown is themed well, even though I think it should not be called Mickey's Toontown, instead it should only be as Toontown like it was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Mickey shouldn't really be the Mayor of Toontown.
    Well, when they added Toontown to Tokyo Disneyland (something that the blog conveniently ignores), they did drop the "Mickey's" part out.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Maybe the author is jealous that Magic Kingdom's Toontown was inferior to Disneyland's, and it got torn down.
    Or maybe she was resentful of the fact that just randomly/spontaneously meeting Disney characters, especially Mickey, has pretty much gone the way of the dodo.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Umm... Steamboat Willie has stretching curvy structures. And I wouldn't want a land with the underdrawn look if early Disney animation. Look at Toon Landing at IOA, the simple animation looks meh unless expanded upon. Is Toontown loonier than classic Disney cartoons? Yes. But I'd rather have goofy interactive toon elements than the simple quaint empty style of some of the first cartoons. It just needs another darkride.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Umm... Steamboat Willie has stretching curvy structures. And I wouldn't want a land with the underdrawn look if early Disney animation. Look at Toon Landing at IOA, the simple animation looks meh unless expanded upon. Is Toontown loonier than classic Disney cartoons? Yes. But I'd rather have goofy interactive toon elements than the simple quaint empty style of some of the first cartoons. It just needs another darkride.
    Unfortunately, I don't think they have the room for another dark ride in that area.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Sorry for bringing this thread up from a while back, but I thought I'd mention something. The Imagineering Field Guide explains that the design for Toontown employs the technique in Disney animation known as Squash and Stretch, which, in the book's words, is "the tool that animators use to give their creations to give their creations the ability to break the bounds of reality and respond to motion in a way that gives them added life." In the case of Toontown, according to the book, the puffiness of all you see there comes from the technique of Squash and Stretch.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123