Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Queen Elsa

Re: Snow Whites Wishing Well restored to former glory!

So is that rabbit back of been white or is it still half white and gross brown on the front side of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    They could make the Wishing Well music "hip" for 2012 audiences by getting a Kardashian to record something in fake synthesized Autotune. Then when the new Kardashian Wishing Well single drops at a drug-fueled party at The Whiskey, get a good buzz going on it by leaking another Kardashian sex tape caught on a iPhone in the recording studios bathroom stall.

How about that to make it less creepy for 2012 audiences?
    In a crowded and noisy world the value of simple silence is underestimated. The Grotto would be best served if it was kept as quiet as possible.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    They could make the Wishing Well music "hip" for 2012 audiences by getting a Kardashian to record something in fake synthesized Autotune. Then when the new Kardashian Wishing Well single drops at a drug-fueled party at The Whiskey, get a good buzz going on it by leaking another Kardashian sex tape caught on a iPhone in the recording studios bathroom stall.

How about that to make it less creepy for 2012 audiences?
    That is hilarious! And sadly not too far from the truth.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    In a crowded and noisy world the value of simple silence is underestimated. The Grotto would be best served if it was kept as quiet as possible.
    We're talking about a wishing well at Disneyland here, not a zen garden at a Buddhist temple.
    The recordings played at the grotto are lovely and timeless. Getting rid of them would be a mistake.

Really glad to hear the area has been given some TLC. In my book, this spot is one of those "untouchable" ones -- that should never be removed or significantly "re-imagined".

---------- Post added 09-24-2012 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    So is that rabbit back of been white or is it still half white and gross brown on the front side of him.
    Huh?

• Minion

Thanks for the picture! It looks amazing!
    Jeff Wayne

• Queen Elsa

the statues where Snow White and the others are when I was there in Aug. I had notes the rabbit there was all brown and the animal next to it to so that is why I wonder if it's back beening white or still the sliming brown I saw back in Aug.

• Minion

Great picture! I too am glad to see this area restored. It's an excellent place to meet princesses--they often show up unannounced and many people miss them there. I really like getting castle pictures from this angle as well. And I have found that it's only when the area is deserted that I'm able to hear Snow White's singing. When there are other people there the general noise covers it up. I remember being delighted discovering it when I was there on a quiet day.

The Rabbits are still water stained Brown. Looks like it is in the marble, probably would be too expensive to restore them to all white..

This is a part of the park that Walt never really planned. He was given those statues as a gift from a company that made them to make soap molds. When they were done, they send their positives off to Walt, and he came up with this "attraction."

I do love this area though. Not many people go through this area, so it's almost always empty and quiet and just a nice place to take a breather with my wife. Glad to see that everything is working again.

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

PS: From what i've heard, the singing recording actually doesn't have a switch or a timer attached. It's one of the few things that runs 24 hours a day. Can you imagine being in the park well before it opens, cleaning up or something, and hearing this from a distance? Only then could it be considered creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by webg33k View Post
    This is a part of the park that Walt never really planned. He was given those statues as a gift from a company that made them to make soap molds. When they were done, they send their positives off to Walt, and he came up with this "attraction."

I do love this area though. Not many people go through this area, so it's almost always empty and quiet and just a nice place to take a breather with my wife. Glad to see that everything is working again.

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

PS: From what i've heard, the singing recording actually doesn't have a switch or a timer attached. It's one of the few things that runs 24 hours a day. Can you imagine being in the park well before it opens, cleaning up or something, and hearing this from a distance? Only then could it be considered creepy.
    I remember a story about my great-uncle, who worked for the Disney studios in the sixties and seventies. He was in the Park setting up some lights for a film shoot while the Park was closed. The story goes that in the late-night/early-morning stillness, there was not a sound but for "I'm Wishing" floating across the empty Park.

North Highlands, California, United States

Great photo! I can't wait to see it this weekend!

There is a key switch used to be used to turn the audio off during special events or if there was work being done after hours so it wouldnt drive people bat crazy always hearing that but its be disconnected for a while now so it does keep going off all the time
    Snootch to the Nooch!!!!

This is what they look like now... The same.....

• Doombuggy Rider

Thankfully .... a pleasant spot next to Sleeping Beauty's Castle has been refurbed without ruining its appeal (I can't say the same for the damn Princess Tents going up @ the opposite end - there goes one of my favorite detours which connects Fantasyland to Frontierland & for what? another place to schill princess merchandise to kids? (rolls eyes) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast