Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: How to get on RSR...

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    Is there a map on the fastest route to RSR or the FP line for it? I had to ask, lol! ...It's our first time visiting Carsland this coming month, and we only go once a year, so I don't want to get lost on the way and lose out on being one of the firsts in line.
    It's rather simple.

1. Follow the crowd.
    2. If coming in later, go to the right of the Carthay Circle Theatre. Make a left into Carsland, look for the billboard it's obvious. Go all the way down Route 66 to the Court House and make a right and the entrances, FP, Single Rider and Stand By are right under the sign.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I ridden it about 8 or 9 times now. I've never done the standby line. We've done the FastPass line once, and the single rider line all the other times. I've never waited more than 45 minutes in the single rider line. Most times the wait is closer to 35 minutes. The single rider line does close periodically if the line gets too long, but I don't believe I've ever waited more than 10 minutes for it to reopen.

• Banned User

Forget the fast pass. Unless you like the idea of standing in long lines twice for one ride.
    Go single rider.

• Vidia's Minion

How fast would the single rider line be if it were only us true single riders? (half the time I go it's solo)

• The doctor is in

I did Radiator Springs Racers on Thursday 10/4 at about 4pm. I only waited in line for 35min and the posted wait time was 60min.

I would suggest to anyone wanting to ride this to do it mid-afternoon. That gives enough time for the initial Cars Land rush to thin out but doesn't quite run into the evening rush. I will warn anyone about the FastPass for this ride... the line is about a mile long when DCA opens. I walked by the FP line on my way to Paradise Pier on the DCA Magic Morning and it wrapped around Carthay Circle toward the Animation Academy. It was crazy.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    How fast would the single rider line be if it were only us true single riders? (half the time I go it's solo)
    5 minutes of less. Groups go in this line may enter in equal numbers or at a higher rates to solo riders When the park are busier and stand by lines longer, more groups are inclined to split up and use the SR queue. Since RSR has commonly the worst line that is the reason so many groups are doing SR there.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I did Radiator Springs Racers on Thursday 10/4 at about 4pm. I only waited in line for 35min and the posted wait time was 60min.

I would suggest to anyone wanting to ride this to do it mid-afternoon. That gives enough time for the initial Cars Land rush to thin out but doesn't quite run into the evening rush. I will warn anyone about the FastPass for this ride... the line is about a mile long when DCA opens. I walked by the FP line on my way to Paradise Pier on the DCA Magic Morning and it wrapped around Carthay Circle toward the Animation Academy. It was crazy.
    I have a different suggestion. Avoid lines on busy days in midafternoon because this is when they peak. Friday is an exception because attendance peaks in the evening when locals arrive after work. Also RSR is very erractic because of the frequency at which is closes for mechanical reasons. The second best time to get in line is after it reopens, the first is when it opens in the morning.

The FP distribution line can be much bigger. It has reached A Bug's Land by way of Hollywood Land. Even though it appears massive this FP is distributed very quickly and you get yours in under 20 minutes, even when the line starts all the way back there.

I have a cool story about this actually! I'll put it in my trip report too...

We rode RSR twice during our trip. The first time, we got in line at around 1pm and stood in line for about 90 minutes. The ride was fun, but to me, it's over hyped. Just too short for that long of a wait.

Anyway, sorry to get off track... We decided not to ride again during our trip because the wait was too long with such a small payoff.

But on our last night in DCA, we decided to check on the line one last time. We got there with the kids and sure enough, 90 minute wait at 30 minutes until closing. We were bummed, but kinda expected that.

Then, this really nice guy comes up to us and asked how many in our party. I told him 5. He said he could take up to 6 to the front of the line with him. He had a handicapped pass. At first I was thinking, thanks but that's ok. But then he said his friends left and he didn't want to ride alone. His name was Joe and he was really nice.

We all rode together, I bought the photo download and emailed it to him. It made our night

I like the ride, but will like it a whole lot more when the next big e-ticket opens and the demand for it goes down

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

The FP distribution line can be much bigger. It has reached A Bug's Land by way of Hollywood Land. Even though it appears massive this FP is distributed very quickly and you get yours in under 20 minutes, even when the line starts all the way back there.
    Thanks. So if we were to show up about 30-45 minutes after the park opens, (or even 15 or so, but safely after the rope drop chaos is over), we could still get fastpasses? And the wait to get them would be about 20 mins? What's the average wait in the fastpass line for the actual ride?

Also, how does the early entry for resort guests affect this? I imagine the fastpass distribution isn't open during this time, but as soon as it does open, they're already in the park and can get there sooner, right? Does this affect how quickly the FP run out?

Has anyone done the rider switch on this? Is the entry for the second person through the FP line?

Thanks in advance! We've got a group of about 20 (and three babies!), and I'm just trying to figure out the best plan of attack for RSR. A majority of the time, the families will likely split up, but we did the photopass+, so it will be better if we can ride the photo ones together.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    Thanks. So if we were to show up about 30-45 minutes after the park opens, (or even 15 or so, but safely after the rope drop chaos is over), we could still get fastpasses? And the wait to get them would be about 20 mins? What's the average wait in the fastpass line for the actual ride?

Also, how does the early entry for resort guests affect this? I imagine the fastpass distribution isn't open during this time, but as soon as it does open, they're already in the park and can get there sooner, right? Does this affect how quickly the FP run out?
    Sorry haven't done rider switch on this ride, now that the nephew is getting taller.

Getting in line 45 minutes after opening you will still be able to get a RSR FP. 20 minutes is the extreme of how fast the FP distribution line queue takes. When you get in line later it will be less time probably about 5 minutes at its worse.

The FP return varies a lot. Depending on crowds, and if the ride has been running well or broken down a lot. It tend to be short early in the day and longer at night, especially because the time builds up when it breaks and all the people who would of returned then have to come back later. I've heard it can take 45 minutes, but in my experience the longest was 30 minutes. Other than that 5-20 was my normal return wait.

The resort guests going to Extra Magic Hours thier early admission option, can from a seperate line to the kiosks in front of the line the rope drop guests are in. Until the parks opening time they can get in this line. It's not a huge line, because most EMH guests are getting on the rides. The waiting regular guests at park opening are lead upto the waiting EMH guests. FP start being distributed when the park opens and about 5 minutes later the EMH guests have their FPs and right behind them the regular guests start to get thiers.

This is the first week that there has not been EMH guests every day. Though the FP distribution has taken longer on many days after Summer I haven't seen any reports of a significant lenghtening on EMH days. I'd imagine there is one and a pattern will emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Sorry haven't done rider switch on this ride, now that the nephew is getting taller.

Getting in line 45 minutes after opening you will still be able to get a RSR FP. 20 minutes is the extreme of how fast the FP distribution line queue takes. When you get in line later it will be less time probably about 5 minutes at its worse.

The FP return varies a lot. Depending on crowds, and if the ride has been running well or broken down a lot. It tend to be short early in the day and longer at night, especially because the time builds up when it breaks and all the people who would of returned then have to come back later. I've heard it can take 45 minutes, but in my experience the longest was 30 minutes. Other than that 5-20 was my normal return wait.

The resort guests going to Extra Magic Hours thier early admission option, can from a seperate line to the kiosks in front of the line the rope drop guests are in. Until the parks opening time they can get in this line. It's not a huge line, because most EMH guests are getting on the rides. The waiting regular guests at park opening are lead upto the waiting EMH guests. FP start being distributed when the park opens and about 5 minutes later the EMH guests have their FPs and right behind them the regular guests start to get thiers.

This is the first week that there has not been EMH guests every day. Though the FP distribution has taken longer on many days after Summer I haven't seen any reports of a significant lenghtening on EMH days. I'd imagine there is one and a pattern will emerge.
    Awesome, thanks so much!

• Team Hail HYDRA

its fun to do single rider with family because some times you race each other

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Avid MC reader since 2005

We rode RSR for the first time this trip. On Monday we made it to the rope drop and our wait was only about 35 min.
    We tried to repeat that on Thursday abut the rope was already down (EMH?) and the line was already 90 min. long. I hopped into the FP line down at the Animation building and chatted with fellow line waiters to pass the time. I think it was only about a 20 min. wait to get the FP. They have about 6 FP machines going at a time staffed with CM's that keep it moving very quickly. Don't be afraid of the long FP lines.
    Our Fp's were for 2p.m. and we were disappointed because we really had wanted to experience the ride at night. We spoke to a CM at RSR and he said we could return in the evening instead. So we came back to watch Cars Land light up and rode Luigis for the first time and then went over to RSR around 7:30 and the FP line was about a 5-10 min. wait! There was almost no one in it.

• I'm not really here

I can understand the desire to ride it together as a family at least once... but after that I highly recommend the single rider line. We were there last weekend and rode it a couple times during the middle of the day and we waited 4 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. My wife and I and other people in our group (we had up to 8 at one point) were all within a car or two of each other so waiting at the end to group back up was really fast as well. We all got to ride it, waited very little time and had a blast.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Single rider always puts you in the outside right seat, front or back. We found the right rear seat has better leg room.

As far as Magic Morning goes... will this eliminate wait times? What if we are there for rope drop and simply walk straight over to the ride, provided it is up and running? I can't imagine the wait would be too long then... However I'm also comparing this as if it were Space Mountain or something. Typically for rope drop we've always been able to simply hustle over and then walk right on those rides. Would RSR be very different?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast