Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question How to get on RSR...

Okay, I know this has been a topic of discussion and I can remember reading a detailed thread a few weeks back about the exact process that one should go through in order to ensure that they are able to ride RSR. I've searched for it but sadly can't find it. I'm finally getting out to DLR in November and it will be mine and my family's first time riding. Would someone be so kind as to point out the process we need to go through? I remember reading things like getting there before the park opens, waiting in the FP line, staying to the right, etc. Is all of this really necessary? Can we get in the park say, an hour after opening and still get a fast pass? Does the FP line truly get ridiculously long if you're not there first thing in the morning? I would just like to know the system so that we can have a hassle-free visit and are able to ride RSR more than once during our trip without waiting for hours in line. Thanks for any help!

• Under that tree again!

Re: How to get on RSR...

DCA opens the gates 30 minutes early for a Rope Drop. A FP distribution line is formed in front of the Carthay Theatre that stretched back into Hollywood Land. At opening time this line starts moving and in about 20 minutes everyone that waited will get a FP. Everyone that is still getting in this line not matter how long it is, take about 10 minutes to get a FP. About 90-120 minutes after park opening the FPs are gone. In November this will probably all be cclose to what happens, but in Thankgiving week and Veterans Day weekend is may be a little worse.

You can get in the Rope Drop into Carsland. Staying to the right worked in the summer but more recent reports are saying it matters less. The whole thing of being on the right was getting in the first handful of ride vehicles, being on the left you still only waited a very minimal time. The biggest problem with going strait to RSR is if often opens late or temporary closes. You can go through this and not get on the ride, with a FP you can return when it's operating.

Very helpful, thanks for explaining

I think you may be worrying about this too much. I went last week and waited just 45 minutes in the standby line. FPes were easily gone by then. It would have been fairly easy to go a second or third time that day (though we opted for checking out the rest of Cars Land and BVS), especially if your group doesn't mind doing the single rider line.

It sounds like waiting in line for a FP takes almost as long as waiting in the standby line.

What is this thing about being on the right or left? There's only one standby line for RSR as far as I know. The other two lines are for single rider and FP, right?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    What is this thing about being on the right or left? There's only one standby line for RSR as far as I know. The other two lines are for single rider and FP, right?
    When the rope dropped, people on the right could get ahead of people on the left. Letting them get steps ahead of other and into the RSR queue first.

You are correct there are multiple entrances for SR, FP and SB.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    When the rope dropped, people on the right could get ahead of people on the left. Letting them get steps ahead of other and into the RSR queue first.
    Ah, the rope drop! I'm never there earlier enough to be part of that so had no clue.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by chaelxo View Post
    the exact process that one should go through in order to ensure that they are able to ride RSR
    Purchase tickets to Disney California Adventure. Go to Disney California Adventure. Radiator Springs Racers is almost a beeline from the front entrance. Stand in line. Ride the ride. After your first ride, if you are satisfied having ridden the ride with your party, stand in the "Single Rider". Repeat until you find all the Hidden Mickeys. (Or you go through Ramone's and Luigi's at least once.)
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

•   
    • Minion

How has the Single Rider line been looking lately? I don't have a prayer in Hades of being there for rope drop so this seems to be my best shot at getting on the ride.

• Minion

When I went on the 21st, we didn't get there 'til after 6PM. I was counting on Single Rider, but the CM in front of the ride said it was not available then, and they didn't know when it would be. There was a space for Single Rider Wait Time on the attraction sign, but it was blank. Standby was 2 hours. We returned later, but the sign was still blank, and standby was still 2 hours, so we didn't ride. Hopefully next time...

The only other time I've seen a ride "run out" of Single Rider was Grizzly River Run on the day TSMM opened. It was a hot summer day and the ride was very crowded, but they did bring Single Rider back later in the day.

What causes this? Is it that the Single Rider line is so full that they don't think they need any more? Or a lack of odd-numbered parties in the standby line?
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    How has the Single Rider line been looking lately? I don't have a prayer in Hades of being there for rope drop so this seems to be my best shot at getting on the ride.
    While some people suggest the single rider line, it isn't great. It's usually a 30-60 minute wait by noon. Sure that's better than a 100-200 minute wait, but SR isn't always a short wait.

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    What causes this? Is it that the Single Rider line is so full that they don't think they need any more? Or a lack of odd-numbered parties in the standby line?
    I'm not sure. Was the ride operating at the time or was it closed when you happened to come up, with the standby lines waiting out the closure? Did you notice if the FP return was still open?

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    The Single Rider line gets closed when the regular line gets too long. Typically, once the regular line tops 90-100 minutes, they close the single rider line. Believe it or not, the Single Rider line sometimes slows down the regular line. That's because I've seen ride operators take a couple riders at a time just to shorten the SR line. Also, when using the SR line, the CM then has to wait for the SR person to realize they were called and then run to their spot in line, usually causing confusion where the CM has to repeatedly explain where exactly the guest should go.

In any case, I take the SR line over the regular line every time. I've only stood in the regular line twice - and that was for previews before Cars Land opened to the general public. I won't be going near that line until it drops below 60 minutes and I'm with 3 or more people.

• The doctor is in

Best advice for a popular attraction, imo... Get to the line as early as possible. There really isn't much else to do. Either way there will be a line. The best you can do is get in it as early as you can to avoid a longer wait than necessary.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Mischievous Mouse

RSR is not as bad as reported. I was surprised. Yeah, sure if you go at 1:00PM expect to wait a few hours, but the earlybird get on inside an hour... NO PROBLEM, even the 9:30 stragglers on a weekend will wait no more than 45min typically.

We only wait long once, an that was later on a Saturday or Sunday

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

The best thing to do in my opinion is to wait in the single rider line. I know that at times it gets to be a 30-40 minute wait but the most I've ever waited for it is 20-25 minutes. I usually just look to see if the single rider line goes under the bridge and if it doesn't I wait in it. I also have noticed that the standby line gets a bit shorter around 2-4 pm. Hope this helps!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 12.24.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 20

Is there a map on the fastest route to RSR or the FP line for it? I had to ask, lol! ...It's our first time visiting Carsland this coming month, and we only go once a year, so I don't want to get lost on the way and lose out on being one of the firsts in line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast