Talking CM looking for roommate near Disneyland Resort!!!

Hello!! I've recently been asked to join the Disney team at Disneyland resort... I've been looking for housing around the park, but everything seems to be a bit too expensive for just one person! Let me know if anyone reading this is interested and i'll be sure to contact you soon as possible to talk in further detail... or if you guys know of a forum set up just for finding roommates i'd be very appreciative for the link... thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: CM looking for roommate near Disneyland Resort!!!

craigs list for rooms for rent in a house. $400 or so.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Welcome!

Your best bet is to put up some fliers on bulletin boards around your work location, once you start your job. You have to be careful though, because TDA's Cast Communications department owns most bulletin boards and they are locked behind glass and only allowed to display corporate-approved "messaging". If you mess with their bulletin boards or post unapproved fliers anywhere near a "Cast Newsstand", you can be subject to disciplinary action.

In the old days, the CM newsletter The Disneyland Line had a page just for classified ads from CM's. But that option went away years ago.

Disney has a massive and very slick Intranet site called The Hub, and once upon a time years ago it also had the ability for CM's to put up classified ads for roommates, rentals, bikes or cars or furniture for sale, kittens for adoption, etc. But all remnants of local culture or any ability to assist CM's with their lives in a local capacity was removed, and now it is only available as a pan-corporate website that mainly just offers links to The Disney Parks Blog or their official company Twitter feed. There is no ability to communicate or post local information on The Hub.

Go with paper fliers in the break room, just be careful where you put them.

Thank you for the information, very helpful! That's upsetting there isn't a classified section for use by CM's anymore on The Hub, it would make this entire process so much easier. I'll definitely go the route of posting on approved bulletin boards once i arrive, my only problem in that case is that i don't have a place to stay in the meantime... might come down to hotels, ugh! ha

I also will do some searching on Craigslist. Any other ideas would be much appreciated!