Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Nic

Re: Ratatouille Land in California Adventure Park

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    I think Goofy Daddy got the sarcasm, but I'm not too sure you did...
    Sorry, sarcasm doesn't travel over the internet unless it's in an exaggerated form.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• The doctor is in

Gusteau's wouldn't even work in Pacific Wharf, imo. Adding a French-themed restaurant in the middle of a California bay/pier themed area is really awkward.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Gusteau's wouldn't even work in Pacific Wharf, imo. Adding a French-themed restaurant in the middle of a California bay/pier themed area is really awkward.
    Not really. As a Bay Area native, Cannery Row and Pier 39 have a wide variety of restaurants, including French.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Minion

I also agree that it doesn't belong in DCA. This would be better to maybe integrate something into France's world showcase in Epcot at WDW. Either that or into Fantasyland in either Disneyland or WDW.
    They've already done this! Remy is found in one of the restaurants.

Where exactly is "Walt Disney Studios Park"? Kinda hard to put a whole land in a park that, as far as I know, doesn't even exist anywhere around DLR, let-alone DCA.
    It's in Disneyland Paris Resort.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Ratatouille Land? Do you mean France?
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I mean I'd love a ride if they made a westcot here in CA but besides that the a land/ride does not fit in DCA or Disneyland
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I also agree that it doesn't belong in DCA. This would be better to maybe integrate something into France's world showcase in Epcot at WDW. Either that or into Fantasyland in either Disneyland or WDW.
    I'd expect a clone for France in Epcot, that park needs more rides in World Showcase, and a mild dark ride would be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Where exactly is "Walt Disney Studios Park"? Kinda hard to put a whole land in a park that, as far as I know, doesn't even exist anywhere around DLR, let-alone DCA.
    It's the Disney Hollywood Studios park at Disneyland Paris.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Not really. As a Bay Area native, Cannery Row and Pier 39 have a wide variety of restaurants, including French.
    If you really want a true Fisherman's Warf restaurant, they should really put in Scoma's.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Certified in everything

This is like third or fourth BLATANTLY non-California themed ride proposed on these boards in my recent memory. Am I the only one who takes this California theme a little more seriously after this summer's additions.

I mean a ride that takes place in PARIS... C'MON!!!

And really with the French themed restaurants fitting into DCA/Pacific Wharf? You know what else we have in California... Italian restaurants, Brazilian immigrants, bugs and air. The park is about ICONIC California, not literally things that exist in the state.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Selfie Expert

I'd agree that a restaurant would be more fitting for Ratatouille than a ride. Sounds like a good thing to throw into Downtown, though, as I don't really see where it would fit into DLR or DCA theming-wise (not to mention space...).

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Guys, this ride is currently being built in PARIS, in their second park. Has nothing to do with DCA or even USA

• I'm a Lutheran

If they ever were to build a dark ride of the sort in DCA, at least theme it to Remy becoming a successful chef in Hollywood or something, lol.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Nutty about Disney parks

I'm personally getting kinda tired of Pixar messing around with the entire California theming of the park. The irony is that Carsland is the only Pixar franchise that comes remotely close to fitting the park's theme (TSMM a close second). Everything else Pixar in this park is just way off the map of the California theme. Why call it California Adventure anymore when you can call it Disney's Messy Array of Themes Adventure?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• The doctor is in

I agree, toonaspie.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    If they ever were to build a dark ride of the sort in DCA, at least theme it to Remy becoming a successful chef in Hollywood or something, lol.
    Kind of like how Mary Poppins decided to move to a small Middle American town and open a bakery?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by croboy82 View Post
    Guys, this ride is currently being built in PARIS, in their second park. Has nothing to do with DCA or even USA
    Don't try to stop them now! It's fun watching people rant over nothing.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by croboy82 View Post
    See, that's why I asked where in my first post. This was a badly mis-titled and categorized thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast