Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: restaurants

restaurants

Hello Mice Chat!
    So I leave for disneyland in 18 days and we've planned it out so we will eat a one restaurant a day. Its me, my boyfriend, and a 10 year old. Its the 10 year old's first time at disneyland so I want to take her to the most magical, disney-esque places possible. We also want to do one character dining restaurant, which I am compleatly lost on which one to go to.
    I figure I'd ask the experts of mice chat thier opinion on what would be best. Our budget isn't too strickt, but I don't want it to be too expensive.

Re: restaurants

Storyteller's Cafe and Goofy's Kitchen, without a doubt.

• Under that tree again!

Hmm, I would take into consideration what style of dining the 10yo appreciates, fine or casual.

Blue Bayou is expensive but super themed and great for all ages. There is nice fancy dining, but then it drops to lots of casual counter service.

For a character meal, what are some of your other plans? Such as how long is your visit, what meal would you prefer as a buffet, when are you going?

• I'm not really here

Blue Bayou is amazingly themed. Rancho del Zocalo at sunset can be an amazing place as well. Very easy to forget you are even at Disneyland in there actually.
    Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta is beautiful and good too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

We're going for five days in October, and I think we're gonna do a character breakfast on the fouth or fifth day. Nothing is definate yet though. I think its narrowed down to The Plaza Inn or Storyteller's.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I would probably do Storytellers over Plaza Inn for breakfast. Tangaroa Terrace might be something you would want to consider. It's in a tropical setting. Last time I was there I ate at Carnation Cafe when the parade just so happened to be going by, pretty cool. Blue Bayou, well it speaks for itself with having Pirates as it's backdrop. Maybe check out Ariels Grotto.

Are you only going to be eating in Disneyland? Not California Adventure?

• Minion

I think Blue Bayou is a must. To be completely honest, I don't find the food worth the price so I'd do lunch, but I do think it's one of those things you have to do at least once in your life, and you can only do it here.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    We're going for five days in October, and I think we're gonna do a character breakfast on the fouth or fifth day. Nothing is definate yet though. I think its narrowed down to The Plaza Inn or Storyteller's.
    With 5 days you have plenty of time to fit any character meal in. For characters I'd go with the Plaza Inn since it has more and a better variety. For food Storytellers, if someone doesn't like the buffet they can order off the menu, though the menu items are pricey too.

I'd also stop in at Flo's V8 Cafe, counter service. Carthay Circle Restaurant is nice but probably out of your budget.

I like the Village Haus for the pastrami burger. It nice eating on the deck at the Hungry Bear to watch the boats on the river go by.

• Johnny and Me!

You could give the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe a try. It's right on the Hub, with great views of the Matterhorn. Time it right, and you can watch the parade while you eat.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

I like the Village Haus for the pastrami burger. It nice eating on the deck at the Hungry Bear to watch the boats on the river go by.

Agreed, the Pastrami Burger is pretty good (hold the horseradish and pickles)

The best Character dinning we have had over a period of years continues to be Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast. Best service, great character interface, great food selection. Have tried the Plaza for character breakfast twice and both were a disappointment for food and service while characters were great.

For dinner the Story Tellers Cafe has been good. While we only dined once at the Wine Country Trattoria food and service was excellent.

We always try to hit the Thunder Ranch BBQ for lunch. A little pricy but the all you can eat BBQ chicken and ribs is excellent and the cornbread is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

We have tried Ariel's Grotto twice , never again. The food was less than adequate and the Princesses gave the impression they wish they were elsewhere. Did I say never again?

Don't forget the Corn Dog Cart

• Banned User

For lunch, no characters, we always find ourselves back at the Plaza Inn for their excellent chicken plate. Order all white and its nearly a meal for two!

• Mischievous Mouse

My advise is the Surfs Up at the Paradise Pier Hotel, we didn't eat there because our kids are too old for that, but we walked by while characters were roaming around in there in the morning, the prices looked much more reasonable than Goofy's Kitchen which we did a couple times when my son was younger

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Foolish Mortal

I never cared for Storytellers Cafe so I would just go for Plaza Inn

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast