Mickey & Friends from the south?

I feel like I must be missing something. Is there a way to exit I-5 Northbound (coming from south OC) and get directly into Mickey & Friends, like you can do when you're coming from the North (LA)? If I just follow the "Disneyland resort" signs, I get off at Disney Way, which seems to want to send me to the Toy Story lot. Not what I want (and twice now I've gotten turned around trying to find M&F from over there). If I get off at the next exit, it's better, but it still seems suboptimal.

What's the best way to get into Mickey & Friends from the south?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Mickey & Friends from the south?

Why do you want to go to M&F when the Toy Story lot is your best option? No joke, I find it much better than the garage. Is there something specific you need the M&F garage for?

When you exit I-5 onto Disney Way, make a right on Harbor. Go north to Ball Rd making a left. Stay on Ball and make a left on Disneyland Dr. On Disneyland Dr. stay in the left lanes to get into the garage.

Since you mention Mickey Way I assume you are coming by the carpool lane if not, get off an exit north on Harbor. Make a right ont Harbor, get left and turn onto Ball Rd.

• Fallapart in my Backyard

Get off at Harbor North. Take a right (there are 2 right turn lanes stay in the left lane) and immediately get in the turn lane to take a left on Ball. Second left and then you enter Mickey and Friends. They used to have a south entrance off Magic Way but they closed it when they put in cars land.

Why don't you want Toy Story? It's a better lot =-).

But if you want, from Disney Way (or you can exit at harbor), go north on Harbor, Left on Ball, and follow the signs, (technically left on Disneyland Drive) it'll take you to M&F the fastest way.

honestly if it's a really busy day, getting into the structure takes forever if you are going from the south (and trying to make a left onto ball and then disneyland drive). one time i got stuck there for 40+ minutes BEFORE even getting into the parking structure, which was another 5+ minute trip to the parking spot, then of course walking down to the tram stop (another 5 minutes) and waiting in a huge crowd trying to get on the tram (another 10+ minutes). by the time you hit the park, there goes an hour. if i had to go to the structure again on a busy day i think i would just make a u-turn on lincoln back on 5 south! the BIG problem with going on harbor->ball->disneyland dr is the fact that it get's so backed up that only a car or two can make the left at EACH of those intersections every green-light cycle. compounded is the fact that people from other directions are also getting in line, so by the time it's green for your left-turn, there's only enough space for 1 car to make the left. meaning you are stuck there forever.

i have never had a problem with toy story though. total time from getting on harbor to getting a spot to getting on the bus has never exceeded 15 minutes, and is usually 10 minutes. the ride is as fast as the tram ride, and you get dropped on the east side, which is way faster to go past the checkpoint than the west side (due to downtown disney being there too). all in all you save literally like 30+ minutes over the structure. to be honest, im really surprised that ppl coming from north don't also go to toystory, it is a superior lot in every which way (cept i guess some people really love riding the tram).

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I come from the south like you do and I'm not kidding when I tell you that parking in Toy Story will get you inside of the parks at least 10-20 minutes faster if not even more than going to Mickey and Friends. If for some reason you must go the structure by all means do it. But from the south Toy Story is the easiest to get to and most convenient for that matter.

Two reasons I favor M&F:

1. My pass includes parking at M&F, and the CMs at Toy Story told me I have to pay to park there.
    2. I like parking my car under cover, not out in the open. Keeps it cooler, cleaner, etc. I optimize for taking care of my car over getting into the park faster (and I have only rarely encountered significant delays, and I go at least once a month if not 2-3 times; I just moved south, which is why I haven't figured this out yet).

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboard55 View Post
    Two reasons I favor M&F:

1. My pass includes parking at M&F, and the CMs at Toy Story told me I have to pay to park there.
    2. I like parking my car under cover, not out in the open. Keeps it cooler, cleaner, etc. I optimize for taking care of my car over getting into the park faster (and I have only rarely encountered significant delays, and I go at least once a month if not 2-3 times; I just moved south, which is why I haven't figured this out yet).
    1) I've never had a problem with this. Is this something they've only recently been doing?
    2) What do you do if they make you park in Minnie or outside (I think that's Pinocchio)?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    1) I've never had a problem with this. Is this something they've only recently been doing?
    I don't know. Two weeks ago I first tried getting to the park from the south, ended up at Toy Story, and was told that the included parking with the AP was Mickey and Friends only. I haven't tried it again since, because I don't really want to park there anyway. I parked there once before I got my AP, and didn't see anything great about it. It seemed like a pain to be further from the park, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    2) What do you do if they make you park in Minnie or outside (I think that's Pinocchio)?
    I've only had to park in Minnie once (in about a year and a half of going multiple times a month), and have never had to park in Pinocchio. I'll take a 90% chance of covered parking over a 0% chance any day.

And hey, all of you who love parking in Toy Story should be happy that there are those of us who don't like parking there, because it leaves more room for all of you

• Still Dizzy

Hmmm...that's weird. We've never had trouble at Toy Story with our parking but then again we probably haven't tried to park there since July.