• Mischievous Mouse

Trip Report 9/15-9/23

Wow, just ... WOW!!

Started out early, early, early!! 2:45am up and herdinding the wife, son and daughter out the door by 4:00, flight was at 6:20, got to JW airport at about 9:00 it was already 84, it reached 94 the first day.

We did RSR first at about noon, amazingly it was only about a 35 minute wait!!!! We then scoped out the BV street, and took it all in, another new ride TLM.

Over to DL to take in all the Halloween theme. My daughter hadn't been on HM holiday yet (my wife son and I did it Christmas 2010, she could go that trip due to finals and work) so had to do that. BTW my daughter (20) has been in school and working two jobs the last year nearly constantly, this was a HUGE vacation for her. and the first time we have all been together for more than a few hours at a time since Feb. 2010. So a very magical family togetherness.

My son (12) was deprived of vacation time this last summer due to this upcoming trip, so it was HUGE for him to. No camping, no spending, all summer long.

Okay, so we really had some hot weather, Suunday (16th) was 105!!! I broke down and bought a $15 mister fan, gee, what a bargain - They really aren't taking advantage, Nooooo!!!

Water was selling like crazy, the stores packed cuz they got AC!! The only killer was TSMM, NO, repeat NO circulation of air out there, like an oven.

Beautiful weather though!!

Ghost galaxy was another new one, so we did that, then Star Tours, wow, what a HUGE difference from the older attraction, unbelievable.

So we had early entry most every day since we stayed at the PPH, and the first day we upgreded to AP's so we could get 10% off everything, huge for meals especially, for four, btw, didn't know the House of Blues offers 20% AP's COOL!!

We did RSR every morning, the first day we did it at night, 75 min wait, each morning was 15-30min wait. It became our new IJA since in '06, '08. and '10 that was our first ride usually, because it had the longest wait times typically.

We really had an easy pace since we were going to be their 9 days, well 8.2 days, we went forom 7-10 on Sunday before packing and heading to the airport.

Lot's of cool people we met, the GRR was the most fun for that, always is, love getting on with first timers, this lady was preparing to sit next to me on GRR, she took out a napkin to wipe the water off the seat, (LOL) boy, was she unprepared.

Loved getting wet when it's 95 outside. Aaaaaah!!!

I'll try to post some pics soon, I've been very, very busy though, and I will update thoughts as my memory allows.

All in all we left feeling VERY SATISFIED, actually ready to go, we saturated ourselves with Disneyland, and came away with magic pulsing through our hearts and souls!!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Trip Report 9/15-9/23

Thanks for sharing! Your plan is ours, only no PPH.

• Selfie Expert

Hehehe I love the story of the lady wiping the seat down with a napkin. Boy, was she in for a surprise!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneymom

so cool. Glad you had a great time.

• Mischievous Mouse

I just remembered one more thing - in the queue fof RSR Saturday (or was it Sunday -<shrugs>) and we noticed one of the oil bottles light-up, then another. We realized people were shining their cell phone flashlight apps through the other side, so we started doing it, it was funny, little kids, "hey look mom/dad, they light up" --- tee hee!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney