Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland will have a float in the 2013 Rose Parade

disneyland has had floats in the parade before but it has been a few years since the last time. i learned that the devlopment of the resorts signing up for a float to feature the parks is very new.

• Minion

Re: Disneyland will have a float in the 2013 Rose Parade

It would be super-cool to be able to decorate it! I've decorated various Rose Parade floats and it's truly a unique experience, given that the surfaces need to be covered with organic/plant matter. It's fascinating really. I bet there are thousands who would sign up to help decorate a DLR float.

There's video on YouTube of their 50th anniversary special parade opening in 2005, but this photo is interesting. It's a Disneyland float from January 1, 1955 -- half a year before Disneyland opened!

Helms Bakeries Disneyland Float - 1955 Rose Parade | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Was Helms Bakery involved with Disneyland at opening? Apparently it ceased operations in 1969.

The 2005 float was one of the largest in the parade that year. They typically go "big" when they sponsor a float.

• Tour Ready

Here is an interesting article on the Walt Disney Family Museums Blog about Walt and the Rose Parade: Walt and the Rose Parade! | Walt Disney Family Museum

• Mischievous Mouse

I'm pretty sure CL will be the dominate feature of the float design... No?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

The Float is going to be 125 feet long, one of the two longest floats in the parade. It is positioned, tentatively, near the front of the parade.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

yup...another thread from late october about this. Should be pretty cool
    Positive from Al's article - 2013 Rose Parade Disneyland Float featuring Cars Land

• Under that tree again!

Disneyland Resort to Feature Cars Land-Inspired Float in the 124th Rose Parade « Disney Parks Blog

We’re bringing the excitement of the newly expanded Disney California Adventure park to Pasadena, Calif., with a Cars Land-inspired float in the 124th Rose Parade on January 1, 2013! This year’s parade theme is “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” – which is perfect for a story like “Cars,” in which the journey is as much a part of the experience as the destination.

The float will feature floral representations of the stars of “Cars” – like Lightning McQueen, Sally, Luigi and Guido – along with familiar sights from the new Cars Land, including Ornament Valley, Radiator Springs Racers, the Cozy Cone Motel and more.
    My favorite thing about Tournament of Roses Parade floats are all the moving pieces, and this float will have plenty! Our Cars Land float will come to life with a bouncing tire from Luigi’s Flying Tires, a bubbling “Original Radiator Spring,” real waterfalls and smoke-puffing baby tractors – you have to tune in to the parade to see all the amazing features for yourself!
    The first Rose Parade was held on January 1, 1890, as a way for the city of Pasadena to show off its abundance of fresh flowers; parade entrants would decorate their carriages with hundreds of blooms. Today, the Rose Parade floats feature high-tech animation and natural materials from around the world.
    Be sure to watch the 124th Rose Parade – either in person on January 1, 2013, in Pasadena or live on ABC-TV.

A little more to tell about the Rose Parade Float!

The float is going to experience a very obvious break down in front of the Television cameras and from nowhere, Mater is going to show up and save the day!

I hope Mater has a very good breakfast because the float is 125 feet long and it is going to be one of the biggest of this parade!

Should make for great entertainment!

by any chance, does anyone know which site this float is being decorated at? I plan on taking my family to see the floats being decorated on Dec 28th and would LOVE to see this in person!!! this willbe the firat time for my wife and children to see a Rose Parade float in person
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    a little more to tell about the rose parade float!

The float is going to experience a very obvious break down in front of the television cameras and from nowhere, mater is going to show up and save the day!

I hope mater has a very good breakfast because the float is 125 feet long and it is going to be one of the biggest of this parade!

Should make for great entertainment!

fun!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    There's video on YouTube of their 50th anniversary special parade opening in 2005, but this photo is interesting. It's a Disneyland float from January 1, 1955 -- half a year before Disneyland opened!

Helms Bakeries Disneyland Float - 1955 Rose Parade | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Was Helms Bakery involved with Disneyland at opening? Apparently it ceased operations in 1969.
    I think I'm more amazed at the fact that the building behind it is where they just opened a brand new BJs Pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I think I'm more amazed at the fact that the building behind it is where they just opened a brand new BJs Pizza!
    I used to work in the taller building in the background...I haven't been to Pasadena in years so now it's a BJ's?

BJ's is the best.. yummm

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious1 View Post
    by any chance, does anyone know which site this float is being decorated at? I plan on taking my family to see the floats being decorated on Dec 28th and would LOVE to see this in person!!! this willbe the firat time for my wife and children to see a Rose Parade float in person
    Azusa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast