Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember When?

Remember When?

Remember when Main Street Emporium windows used to have a series of animated window displays based on current animation features? It seemed like it was once or twice a year that they would get updated. I think 101 Dalmations was one of those sets. Can't remember for sure, but didn't Atlantis have a set of windows at one time?

It's sad, but our windows have been the same ones for seven l-o-n-g years. I wonder why the change-outs dont happen very often.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Remember When?

Yes...would have loved to see a Princess and the Frog, Tangled...Muppets and Wreck it Ralph display...sign

• -

Just another one of those cut backs Disney is so find of. Nothing like consistently offering less for more money.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Just drawn that way

I loved those.......I have an AP and my mom doesn't. She maybe goes to Disneyland every two years now. The last time she walked by the windows I remember she commented that it was a shame that she comes sooo little and the windows haven't changed in years!

I too miss those......and they should at least clean the inside of the windows once in a while....Ariel looks silly enough without having a cobweb from her hair to "knees".

•   

I loved those. Entering the park in the 70's and 80's it was the first thing I went to see. The Rescuers, The Black Hole, Pete's Dragon and a few others were pretty memorable. There were about 4 or 5 windows that in succession showed scenes from the story.

I expected them to always be there and never thought they'd leave. The last time I was in the park there were still one or two windows with various displays with mini-animatronics from different features, but nothing that promoted one specific movie spanned over all display windows. I just never thought they'd do away with that concept.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Foolish Mortal

I miss those days. I never really noticed it until now. Such a shame.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Hello Dolly.

I always look at the windows and noticed the same thing.

As glad as I am that what we have is there, I would have thought they would update the scenes by now. I still enjoy the current ones though.

• Still Dizzy

I actually never walk on that side of main street just so I can avoid looking at those windows. They were always such a special treat to me to see. I have very strong memories of walking down with my mom stopping to look at each display. They were a big part of my disney experience.

Looking at them now is just really depressing to me.

• Banned User

So, they got rid of yet another lovely little touch of charm in the Park? That figures. The Eisner/Iger Empire of Lameness continues its campaign of suckage unabated.

Old Disney = Awesome.
    New Disney = Pathetic.

North Highlands, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I actually never walk on that side of main street just so I can avoid looking at those windows. They were always such a special treat to me to see. I have very strong memories of walking down with my mom stopping to look at each display. They were a big part of my disney experience.

Looking at them now is just really depressing to me.
    DITTO! I rarely walk on that side of Main Street. I'm hoping one day I'll make my over and see that they have FINALLY changed.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    So, they got rid of yet another lovely little touch of charm in the Park? That figures. The Eisner/Iger Empire of Lameness continues its campaign of suckage unabated.

Old Disney = Awesome.
    New Disney = Pathetic.
    I would label New Disney as "Not as Awesome." Compared to the parks in the 90's, we are way above pathetic. But definitely not awesome.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• formerly very helpful

Ironically, if this was something that Disney just started doing now, many people would condemn it as being out of the theme of turn of the century Main Street.

• Just drawn that way

I hate to say it....But things didn't SEEM as BAD as today when Eisner was in charge...and I NEVER thought I'd say that!

They should take the Frankenweenie props and sets and put them in the windows!

• Team Hail HYDRA

it must cost way to much if the can rebuild DCA but not change the windows

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    They should take the Frankenweenie props and sets and put them in the windows!
    Or just get rid of them all together.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast