Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tom Sawyer Island...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Do they still have the teetering rock on the island or was that cloased or moved?
    They removed it when they attempted to make the island idiot proof. Along with the spinning rock and some of the stair cases on Castle Rock.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie
    They removed it when they attempted to make the island idiot proof. Along with the spinning rock and some of the stair cases on Castle Rock.
    Now that was really freakin stupid! Dumb Disney lawers! The whole point of the island was to be a kid and run around and get hurt like in the days of yonder! I think they should just stick a sign at the dock of TSI that says any inncidents are YOUR fault and that disney is not responsible for your idiotness. No more lawsuits. Problem Solved!

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    When we went to Tom Sawyer's Island in Oct 2005, the barrel bridge was closed! As was the fort. My kids had fun on the island.

Back in the day, (mid 90's) during the summer season, the CM's would have canoe races before the park opened. CM's would form teams and have a schedule of races, I think it was 1 a day. I think 2 teams would race at a time. Then depending on if they won the race , they would have a race a few days later. It went on until there was only 1 team left.

The champion team always jumps out of their canoes and celebrated. I tell you, I wouldn't swim in that water for nothing and nobody. That water is just gross.
    Caoe races still go on to this day! And yes, many people do "accidently" end up in the river. Also if your last night at DL happens to be closing the island after Fantasmic, you're going in the water! tehe

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicFanatic
    Best EvER!
    FF (former New Orleans/Critter Country attractions CM)
    I disagree, when i hire into Technicial, That is the Best Department Ever.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie
    I am glad I got to experience it .

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Tom Sawyer's Island is GREAT... not as great as it used to be before the likes of Johnnie Cochran and Gloria Alred took it upon themselves to make sure we can sue the pants off Disney if we stump our toe. But its still wonderful fun, just as long as you can throw off your "adult" by the time you step off the raft. Sqeeze into every nook and cranny you can find and explore!

And the canoes!!! If you like being pampered and catered to then you won't enjoy this attraction. But if you're even half-way active, and you like to actually feel what an experience is like then this is one of the best and most unique attractions in the park. This is without doubt the most hands-on ride in Disneyland, and its just plain fun. And yes, the canoe "scouts" aren't bad looking... not that there's anything wrong with that!

Now, if Disney would just rebuild Fort Wilderness; my favorite part of Frontierland. I've always wanted to live there.

In my opinion, this is probably the best section of all Disneyland. But again, to truly enjoy it you have to get "over" your age and just be a kid again. Maybe thats why I like it so much.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    I disagree, when i hire into Technicial, That is the Best Department Ever.
    There's a Technicial Department?!?! Is it like sound/light board operator and other stagecraft/backstage jobs? That's what I'd like to do at Disneyland!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Small Projects Team

Bring back the burning cabin!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Times
    Hi everyone! I know, i know. Im a noob, but please have some pity on me! Well, ive been going to Disneyland for all my life, and recently (this was a few days ago.)...i got hired by Disneyland in Attractions. So ive been going frequently to enjoy the park through the eyes of a visitor while i still can, and because i just got an annual pass last year and i go all the time now. And realized something when i went today. Ive NEVER been to Tom Sawyer Island or been on the canoe ride. Now i ask this question? Have i been missing alot? Thanks guys! Hope to hear from you.
    Tony great to have you here and congratulations on the new hire at DL! I was one of those folks who accidently got the CM all wet on the canoes! There were so many people on the canoe, that I had to just hold my paddle at times.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

The pontoon bridge is sometimes open, sometimes not. i dunno why, but I don't think it's too permanant.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

By all means, man, go! TSI may not be what it once was, but it still rewards explorers taking the time to discover.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• An actors life for me

Wow! Thanks for all the reply's everyone! Ill be sure to check it out next time i go! Thanks again.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12