Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• An actors life for me

Tom Sawyer Island...

Hi everyone! I know, i know. Im a noob, but please have some pity on me! Well, ive been going to Disneyland for all my life, and recently (this was a few days ago.)...i got hired by Disneyland in Attractions. So ive been going frequently to enjoy the park through the eyes of a visitor while i still can, and because i just got an annual pass last year and i go all the time now. And realized something when i went today. Ive NEVER been to Tom Sawyer Island or been on the canoe ride. Now i ask this question? Have i been missing alot? Thanks guys! Hope to hear from you.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Tom Sawyer Island...

Not missing much, unless you are under 12 on Tom Sawyers Island! The canoes are awesome if you like to work at having fun, and if you like cute manly men! Just kidding, if you haven't been....go!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Small Projects Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Times
    Hi everyone! I know, i know. Im a noob, but please have some pity on me! Well, ive been going to Disneyland for all my life, and recently (this was a few days ago.)...i got hired by Disneyland in Attractions. So ive been going frequently to enjoy the park through the eyes of a visitor while i still can, and because i just got an annual pass last year and i go all the time now. And realized something when i went today. Ive NEVER been to Tom Sawyer Island or been on the canoe ride. Now i ask this question? Have i been missing alot? Thanks guys! Hope to hear from you.
    Well if you haven't been on the Columbia or the Mark Twain either, then your missing the entire Rivers of America. On Tom Sawyer's Island, I believe the fort is still closed; you used to be able to go inside and shoot fake guns across the river. Injun Joe's cave is pretty cool when you're young and there's a lot of nice scenery. It's a good place to relax. As for the canoes, you're just missing the rivers of america (assuming you haven't been on the Columbia or the Mark Twain that is).

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Times
    Congrast on hiring into attractions! BEST. DEPARTMENT. EVER. Do you know your attractions yet? If not, you will get it at the end of traditions class. What area were you put into?

FF (former New Orleans/Critter Country attractions CM)
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• An actors life for me

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicFanatic
    Congrast on hiring into attractions! BEST. DEPARTMENT. EVER. Do you know your attractions yet? If not, you will get it at the end of traditions class. What area were you put into?

FF (former New Orleans/Critter Country attractions CM)
    Nope they havent told me ANYTHING! I dont even know what section of the park im working in! Its killing me!

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Meh, TSI isn't that great, it was better when they had the fort still open. The canoes are pretty fun, I've only done them once and would like to go again sometime. They're a good way to see the Rivers of America.

• Looking for Love

One of the best parts about TSI for me is descovering the secrets behind Fantasmic. Everything about the island is hiding this or that! Logs and crates have lights and lasors in them, and when you open certain unmarked doors or pull on certain cracks in the ground and whatnot you get to see all the electronics and stage equipment for the very hidden and oh so magical fantasmic.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I've been to Disneyland I don't know how many times, close to 100 in the past six months or so I'm sure. Today was the first time I had ever been to Tom Sawyer's Island though. It was fun, it's a cool little area of the park, for someone my age and size, it's not as fun as it would be for someone younger and/or smaller. Still a fun area though. As for the canoes, only been on them once, but they were a fun ride, our guide wasn't paying attention and we crashed into the dock, proving we weren't on a track of any kind. Also on the canoes, be prepared to get wet as using an oar is not easy for many people.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Animatronic

I heard they screwed up injun joe's cave by reversing the flow, but that use to be one of my favorite attractions at Disneyland... at least before the queue for indiana jones.

The Rivers of America is pretty trashed now, one the few areas of park which seems to have mostly missed the 50th TLC. Cascade peak is no more, animatronic animals have eyes falling off, and the fort is closed. Still, it's worth seeing this classic part of Disneyland.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

i LOVE Tom Sawyer's Island! It's fun to run around theough the caves, wave at the boats, hop along the roap bridge, try not to get wet on the pontoon bridge... it's not something I would do every time, but it's so much fun to run around pretending you're a kid - and a wee bit of exercise while you're doing it
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

First of all, congrats!

Secondly, I'd say you haven't been missing much. Try going there at least once, so you've at least seen it. But it's more fun when you're a hyperactive little kid.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

2 words: Barrel Bridge!

You have to go jump on the bridge. It's a classic. Also the far end by the old Fort is a great place to catch a little nap and it is shady and cool there.
    A signature should go here.

• Dont make me unfriend you

When we went to Tom Sawyer's Island in Oct 2005, the barrel bridge was closed! As was the fort. My kids had fun on the island.

Back in the day, (mid 90's) during the summer season, the CM's would have canoe races before the park opened. CM's would form teams and have a schedule of races, I think it was 1 a day. I think 2 teams would race at a time. Then depending on if they won the race , they would have a race a few days later. It went on until there was only 1 team left.

The champion team always jumps out of their canoes and celebrated. I tell you, I wouldn't swim in that water for nothing and nobody. That water is just gross.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

The barrell bridge was closed yesterday as well, so I'm not sure if this is a long term closure?

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Do they still have the teetering rock on the island or was that cloased or moved?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast