Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio Disney

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Radio Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I remember when the station was Radio Ahhhss. Way better programming than radio Disney... Like most modern Disney elements, I can't say I'm sad to see it go. If the Disney channel followed a similar fate, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    Did Disney buy out Aahs? I thought that they were different operations with Aahs going off the air because they couldn't compete financially.
    Wonder how listening habits changed here in So Cal when they flipped signals from 710 to 1110.
    Wonder how many catch it on satellite or Internet instead of radio.
    And I wonder what might become of it when ABC radio is sold. I'd never miss it, but let's just say that I'm not exactly part of their "target demo"...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Did Disney buy out Aahs? I thought that they were different operations with Aahs going off the air because they couldn't compete financially.
    Wonder how listening habits changed here in So Cal when they flipped signals from 710 to 1110.
    Wonder how many catch it on satellite or Internet instead of radio.
    And I wonder what might become of it when ABC radio is sold. I'd never miss it, but let's just say that I'm not exactly part of their "target demo"...
    I don't know for sure, but I remember that radio Aahs was gone at the same time radio Disney emerged. Too young to remember if Disney bought them out. I really liked radio Aahs though...

• insufferable know-it-all

1110 used to be KRLA, an oldies station.

Remember back in 86 or so when all of a sudden those "record your own song" places kept popping up? Rememer how cool it was to be able to go into the recording booth like a real singer and do your tape? Well, it's been 20 years (gad, I can't believe I'm old enough to say that!) and now there aren't places like that in every mall in America. But Disney has the perfect building for one! Only add a bit of a twist: being able to record Disney songs (as well as pop tunes or the standards). Heck, I'd do it at least once, and I'm pretty tight-fisted when it comes to these things!

(Lunching pad would be good, and possibly make more money, but the recording studio would make money AND add magic to the park)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

What's up with all the good ideas recently Morrigoon? , Disney might pick you up sooner than we think!

On a roll tonight!

• Head Salesman

I don't listen to Radio Disney, but while flipping through the television channels . . . get this . . . I discovered that I get Radio Disney through my digital cable. It's odd to find it on T.V.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

i heard it in mississippi when i went. cause it was pretty much the only thing not country...
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

DONT TAKE AWAY OUR OFFICE!
    5 days a week

Cool Re: Radio Disney

RadioDisney is available via satellite radio on XM radio ch 115, and as of last november ALL DirecTV customers now have XM Radio on the 800's wher it used to be music choice, channel 867 is radio disney for those of you on DirecTV via XM radio.

Oh well,hope for the best in the future.
    Last edited by RadioDisneyTech; 01-22-2006 at 07:52 PM.
    "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
    But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

Cool Re: Radio Disney

RadioDisney is available via satellite radio on XM radio ch 115, and as of last november ALL DirecTV customers now have XM Radio on the 800's where it used to be music choice, its channel 867 is radio disney for those of you on DirecTV via XM radio.
    And alot of Cable customer nation wide get it as well.
    And of course the conventional Sporatic AM and FM stations Nationwide and out there still. And the Internet streaming was stop a few years ago because of a legal thing with FCC and Radio stations on line suppling streaming audio(too long to go into here),its hard to find a broadcasting studio that also supply streaming audio any more.

The fate of the studio in disneyland was lack of use (planning) and previous management ideas for the area that has yet prove to be usefull.
    Anyhow It was great when they had live broadcast from there,very interactive with the guests and informational for those outside the park and abroad,it was great to get LIVE details of the weekend activities.

Oh well,hope for the best in the future.
    Last edited by RadioDisneyTech; 01-22-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
    But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12