Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Club 33 Question

If I promise to name our first child after the person who helps, do you think that's enough incentive to get someone to make me and my girlfriend a reservation to the exclusive Club 33 so that I can propose to her?

Half joking. But really, Disneyland had always been a big part of our relationship, and I'd love to find a way to surprise her with a meal there so that I can pop the question. Is there any way aside from paying for the ABD trip to get a meal in there? I'm thinking of writting a letter to guest relations expressing my Disney wish. Any help?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Club 33 Question

You may have trouble with that request...I believe they just recently went through a rules change for C33 members making it harder or limiting their ability or amount of guests that they are allowed. I am not exactly sure. Perhaps a member on here will explain it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

They have indeed tightened the rules in the Club. But even before, I don't think any member would just randomly get reservations for someone they didn't know. Members pay dearly for the membership, and they are responsible for anyone they either bring in with them, or who they get reservations for. If they got a total stranger in, and that total stranger did something that could jeopardize their membership... well if I was the one forking over the thousands of dollars a year I wouldn't want the responsibility.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

For sure, I didn't think there was much chance. But I also figured my chances were much lower if I didn't ask at all =)

I just can't help but dream big. She is a very special lady. Oh well.... I guess I'll just try for my second choice, a night in the dream suite.

•   
    • Minion

Wait, isn't there that tour where they bring you into Walt's Apartment and the lobby of Club 33?

That's not quite as good as going into 33 proper, but at least you'd be in the building...and maybe if you talked to Guest Relations they'd be able to help you plan something special with the tour.

Guided Tours | Disneyland Resort

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnRider99 View Post
    For sure, I didn't think there was much chance. But I also figured my chances were much lower if I didn't ask at all =)

I just can't help but dream big. She is a very special lady. Oh well.... I guess I'll just try for my second choice, a night in the dream suite.
    Club 33 is one of my goals, too! I'll never be able to afford a membership, but hopefully I'll befriend someone with connections. Do you know how to get a night in the Dream Suite? Another one of my bucket list items! Best of luck!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Mistress of Evil

I have also heard if you schedule a VIP tour, they can get you in to dine at Club 33 if it is requested and there is availability. Granted, it is an expensive way to see it, but it would add to an already special day.

• Hooterville, USA

Sounds like you're going to have to execute an alternate plan.

Besides, it's not where you propose that counts, it's what you do after you say "I do" that matters.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Chief Troublemaker

I've been trying to talk my son into talking his boss into buying a membership for their business. He just keeps laughing at me when I point out all the advantages, the primary one being that they could get ME in! Sigh, I guess I'll just have to continue my existence knowing I'll probably NEVER see the inside. Life is so hard. LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Rock Star Minion

Napa Rose might be more accommodating.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Napa Rose might be more accommodating.
    You know, I've never been there but I hear it's fabulous!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Rock Star Minion

Me neither. Just going on other people's reports. I'm not that rich.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

You should pop the question at the Carthay Circle Restaurant...or Blue Bayou...it is dark and romantic...get a table by the water.
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    I have also heard if you schedule a VIP tour, they can get you in to dine at Club 33 if it is requested and there is availability. Granted, it is an expensive way to see it, but it would add to an already special day.
    Yes, if you schedule a VIP Premium tour, if there is space available (and they don't let you know til a day or two before) they will get you in. There are no guarantees either.

If you truly wanted to do this, I would have suggested getting to know the membership first, but when a first post is asking for Club 33, I don't know a single member (or friend of a member) who would risk it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Yes, if you schedule a VIP Premium tour, if there is space available (and they don't let you know til a day or two before) they will get you in. There are no guarantees either.

If you truly wanted to do this, I would have suggested getting to know the membership first, but when a first post is asking for Club 33, I don't know a single member (or friend of a member) who would risk it.
    I figured as much. But again, can't hurt to ask.

The VIP Tour might be a route. Napa Rose isn't an option, because she's not a foodie (like me), but Blue Bayou might be better, it was our first disney date meal ever.

---------- Post added 09-28-2012 at 07:05 PM ----------

Also, I'd rather be upfront about my desire to eat at Club 33. It'd be kinda weird if I became friends with a member just for that. Though I'm very friendly and have enjoyed all the Disney fans I've met in the parks from online, I've never been someone's friend for any alterior motive before. Maybe one day I'll just luck out and become friends with someone who is a member by happenstance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast