Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Soarin' over California - losing altitude with guests, needs a clean-up.

Still an amazing attraction, but each visit I notice more and more "screen noise" which takes away from the experience greatly, and reminds you it's a "film" and not an actual "experience", quite frankly it's much much less magical than it was years ago.

So I'm sure the suits will address it eventually. Will they wait until it's a "walk on" attraction?

What do you think?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• The doctor is in

Re: Soarin' over California - loosing altitude with guests, needs a clean-up.

I never found Soarin' very magical to begin with so whatever they do to this ride in the future doesn't matter to me.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Hmmm...I was just thinking the same thing the last time I rode. I noticed nicks in the screen and such.
    However, I still will always love this ride. When I start to feel overwhelmed on how this great State of California is losing its greatness....I ride Soarin' and realize how much I love California again. There are some really beautiful sights to be seen.

I hope the attraction receives some attention soon!

I don't know what push the "suits" have to correct it because despite the problems I keep riding it!

First off, I'm a fan of this ride.

However, I've never been on Soarin' where I've completely felt "lost" in it. I'm always aware that I'm watching a movie while moving. Herein lies my point: Don't over think it and enjoy it for what it is.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I really do love soarin', I feel that there are elements that are showing it's age. And while I love the idea of an update, I think I would miss the origional.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I really do love soarin', I feel that there are elements that are showing it's age. And while I love the idea of an update, I think I would miss the origional.
    Personally I don't want an update. I want a restoration!!!

• Minion

It really does need a good cleaning. The last time I rode it a few weeks ago there were so many splotches of dust all over the screen that kept appearing, disappearing and moving all over that I thought it was a bunch of birds. It was so distracting that I couldn't focus on anything else.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I just don't think we'll see ANYTHING done to the rude until they redo it to Soarin over the World in a few years......then the ride will go from 30-40 min waits to....2 hours waits again

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just don't think we'll see ANYTHING done to the rude until they redo it to Soarin over the World in a few years......then the ride will go from 30-40 min waits to....2 hours waits again
    What's this about Soarin' over the World? I haven't heard this rumor...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    That would be the worst thing they could do to this ride. It may be fine for EPCOT, but this park is about CA, not other destinations in the world. If they want to update Soarin' Over California, they could add some more scenes to the existing show, like Avalon or Death Valley.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That would be the worst thing they could do to this ride. It may be fine for EPCOT, but this park is about CA, not other destinations in the world. If they want to update Soarin' Over California, they could add some more scenes to the existing show, like Avalon or Death Valley.
    ^^ This

It's a great ride that I enjoy immensely every time I board. However, the resolution of the picture is sorely lacking. In an era where most people are enjoying 120hz, high definition television, the screen resolution of this attraction seems to be straight out of the 1970s.

I would convert the source to digital (if it already isn't) and find a way to make the resolution high definition. This would greatly increase the 'real life' experience.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
    It's a great ride that I enjoy immensely every time I board. However, the resolution of the picture is sorely lacking. In an era where most people are enjoying 120hz, high definition television, the screen resolution of this attraction seems to be straight out of the 1970s.

I would convert the source to digital (if it already isn't) and find a way to make the resolution high definition. This would greatly increase the 'real life' experience.
    I bet just cleaning the film, projection, and screens would go along way toward correcting the problem. Upgrading to high definition would be the icing on the cake.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Lurker

My biggest problem with this ride is the nighttime flyover of downtown LA. That shot suffers from horrible camera jiggle, and my eyes get sore trying to compensate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast