Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• -

Re: Reimagined Tomorrowland ...with a definite place and time!

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    IMO, autopia and nemo may be classic, but they too dated and cover a whole lot of prime real estate.
    What is classic about Nemo?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   

That depends on which Nemo we're talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• -

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    That depends on which Nemo we're talking about.
    Unfortunately, that's not the Nemo they used. Imagine how much better the ride would have been with that theme.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Team Hail HYDRA

we made my sad
    WDI could do great things like

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Also, let's not forget the wonderful Herbert Lom from 1961's "Mysterious Island." Sadly, he passed on September 27 (at 95!), but nonehteless a classic Nemo. He was also in "Third Man on the Mountain," Walt's inspiration for the Matterhorn.

• Doombuggy Rider

TOMORROWLAND @ DISNEYLAND ...

I believe enough of us agree this is the least favored section @ Disneyland due to various factors; starting with the fact there are less Rides / Attractions now then there were 40 years ago (& the fact you have Rides exiting into Gift Shops - how awful, how Eisner era) ....

I am from the generation built upon Mid-Century Modern (Googie Jetson style Architecture), fueled upon the Aerospace Facilities which used to dot Southern California (McDonnell Douglas, Hughes, Boeing, TWA, etc) and kept dreaming of a better tomorrow (outer space travel, moon bases, satellites reaching the outer galaxy, advancements in modern medicine and chemistry, etc) ....

I'm personally disappointed that Tomorrowland has turned 1/3 into Fantasyland (another words, there are rides such as Finding Nemo Submarines and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters which do not belong there, in my opinion) with an emphasis on schilling merchandise (no thanks to the Eisner era) vs. promoting future visions. I <3 Steampunk, however I don't think it belongs as a theme within Tomorrowland (and please don't get me started on how that fantastic Mary Blair artwork was painted over, it only reminds me why I loath the Eisner era at times) ....

Before I can look ahead, let's look back @ some of what we had within Tomorrowland -

Astro Jets (aka Tomorrowland Jets (1956-1966) / Rocket Jets (1967-1997)

Flight to the Moon (1955-1966) / Mission to Mars (1975-1992)

Circarama (1955-1997)

Skyway to Fantasyland (1956-1994)

Submarine Voyage (1959-1998)

Carousel of Progress (1967-1973) / America Sings (1974-1988)

Adventure Through Inner Space (1967-1985)

PeopleMover (1967-1995)

Tomorrowland Stage (1967 - 1985)

Coca-Colar Tomorrowland Terrace Stage (1967-1994)

Monsanto House of the Future (1957-1967)

Then, let's see what we have left in Tomorrowland that I admire (yes I agree that Autotopia, Tomorrowland Terrace and Starcade need to be revamped / neglected less) -

Autotopia (1955)

Disneyland Monorail (1959)

Disneyland Railroad (1955)

Space Mountain (1977)

Starcade (1970)

Star Tours II (2011)

Tomorrowland Terrace (2006)

I obviously omitted mentioning Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Captain EO, Innoventions, Rocket Rods (none of these interested me and I didn't feel they belonged in Tomorrowland), along with various Attractions before 1966 (some interesting ideas that did not last very long), which makes me feel that Tomorrowland was never officially ready for the public since the opening of Disneyland. But, when you look back on Tomorrowland? It certainly feels like we had more to experience before 1994 (before the Eisner era started to ruin things) ...

Tomorrowland has also suffered for only having one true dining experience (does anyone actually dine @ Redd Rockett's Pizza Port? Or the Spirit of Refreshment? I've only heard terrible things about both) and that's the Tomorrowland Terrace ... which really doesn't offer much room for outside dining (wouldn't it be nice if Tomorrowland had an indoor dining area, too?). As for shopping? Well I always enjoyed it when a Ride had an actually exit vs exiting into a Merchandise Zone (and the Shops were located in separate buildings); which leaves Tomorrowlanding and Star Trader - a large shopping area below the Starcade (itself a zone that is under used - although I noticed Wreck it Ralph will be using this space to promote the film) that ought to be rethemed to reflect an actual Tomorrowland ....

to be cont -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Minion

Can we bring in our own notions of a new Tomorrowland in here? I've got a Tomorrowland story bible idea drawing from the existing Magic Kingdom bible and a few characters utilized in a manner that actually has some thought put into it versus how they seem to just plop them in these days.

Nicknamed the idea "Tomorrow's Child" after the old Epcot song as the way I'm picturing it, Tomorrowland becomes a city in the future built by Robinson Industries and a greater interaction between Earth and the Galactic Federation though the actions of now-grown up Ambassador Lilo. Could also expand this by drawing from the future of Phineas and Ferb as depicted in "Quantum Boogaloo", ENCOM's further advances with the Digital Frontier and nods to locations seen in Horizons and use the Metro-Retro Historical Society to bring in some nods to Tomorrowland's past.

To tie this into my notions of giving Disney and the parks more of an interlocking shared universe/multiverse story, it's a combination of Tomorrowland's technology and Fantasyland's magic that allows the various realms of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy to come together through some network of rifts that just become perceived as an amalgam of them all. These links vary from "park to park" depending on the key used to access them: the Park Ticket.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123