Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Inappropriate

...and what's the deal with this weather?!

So I'm going to be in the parks Monday and Tuesday, and in my OCD way of planning every possible aspect, I checked the weather forecast for those two days. A high of 98 and 97?? In October? What am I in for? I don't think I've ever been to a hot Disneyland.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Re: ...and what's the deal with this weather?!

I'm hoping it cools down in time for my November trip.

Southern California always gets hot this time of year. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Santa Ana because I don't think the wind is supposed to be very strong, but hot dry temperatures are normal for fall. On top of that, I think we're going to have some humidity from a hurricane that was off the coast of Mexico.
    Last edited by Mojave; 09-27-2012 at 01:00 PM.

• Goofy

mother earth loves to play tricks with us on this weather.

• The doctor is in

I am going to be there Tuesday-Thursday and wasn't too pleased to see the weather forecast of 90's but I have been in California several times with it hotter than that. When I went in 2006 it was close to 100 degrees with about 80% humidity.

You just have to stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Rock Star Minion

Nov-Feb is the slightly cooler season. October is usually warm.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Banned User

It looks like Destro finally got that Weather Dominator fixed and now we're all screwed. "Thanks", Cobra.

On a serious note, weather tends to move in 7 year sine-wave patterns in so-cal. Every 7 years is the high point of that sine-wave. Unsurprisingly the mid-way point of that ( 3.5 years ) is the coldest winter which comes on it's own overlapping 7-year sine-wave looking cycle. This summer was definitely lined up to be a hot one but a couple of weekends ago we hit 118 here in San Diego which was a record since 1882. ( So in short, it's pretty bad. ) I'm assuming that on the next 7 year high ( circa 2019 ) we will be burned off the face of the planet like ants under a microscope. I for one, welcome this.

• Mischievous Mouse

I'm from just north of Seattle, and even I don't mind the heat as long as there is a breeze, any breeze, make a big difference. Bring a fan, mister or shell out for a cool $15 for a Disney one.

I prefer hot over cold though, no wet rides in the 60's w/o a poncho

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• My Children's Father

Two weeks ago we went when it was over 100. Being soaked from two rides on Splash helped.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Sock Puppet

it's been super hot here in california.

Normally September early October are the warmest months in California.

We have been to the park twice in the last month. Both days the weather was well into the 90's. Logically, the most miserable part of the day is from 1pm - 4pm. If you have a hotel room, plan a break. If you are day tripping it, then plan some cool down time. The Carnation Cafe indoors is a nice air conditioned place for lunch. A beautifully cool place to rest in the back row of the Golden Horseshoe balcony. No matter what you think of It's a Small World, it is 11 minutes of air conditioning. The lower decks of the Mark Twain offer shade & a bit of breeze. If worse turns to worst, then there's always Innoventions.
    After 4pm, the sizzle tends to abate. But if you are out in it, be prepared for a good deal of "cranky" guests and CMs.
    Whatever you do, keep hydrated & take breaks in the shade to keep your core cool. Disneyland is no fun if you have face planted yourself waiting in the queue for Star Tours.
    Last edited by gomezaddams; 09-27-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Chief Troublemaker

I grew up in So Cal, though I've been gone from the area since the mid-80s. This is pretty typical weather for Sep and Oct, maybe just a bit hotter in Anaheim than usual. This time of year was always our worst fire weather, too. I can recall being on the big ferris wheel at the LA County fair and seeing fires burning in the hills all around.

I think a lot of it is that people are now vacationing in So Cal more during this time of the year. Vacations used to be pretty much over at the end of August as everyone got ready for school, but now with year-round schools, in-service days & the like, more people are experiencing the So Cal 'Autumn' weather.

Stay hydrated, keep your 'cool' in the heat, relax your pace. Enjoy. Soon it will be cold and wet (or snowy, depending on where you live) and we'll be longing for the heat. LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

like others have said September is our hottest month. while june & july it stays pretty cool in high 70s and 80s. September is when california summers starts lol

On the topic of weather... I can't wait til winter. I went in january last time and it was ok. Going mid-october, hopwfully won't be too bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast