View Poll Results: How long will you wait?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 30 minutes

9 20.93%
  • 30 minutes

12 27.91%
  • 60 minutes

11 25.58%
  • over 60 minutes

11 25.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry How long is too long to wait for a show?

How long have you waited for Fantasmic, the Fireworks or WOC?

• My Children's Father

Re: How long is too long to wait for a show?

Well over an hour for prime "seating". And I was no where near the first one there.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• ~

Around an hour is the average time that I'll wait if I want to have the best possible seating for the show.

I waited over 2 hours for World of Color and would not do that again. It was for the second to last show when it first came out so the park was closed and we were all herded, I mean instructed, to remain in one area until we could go to the viewing area. It wouldn't have bothered me as much if we were allowed to sit down while waiting, but we had to stand.

I have waited about an hour for Fantasmic and that wasn't as bad. I don't think I'll wait for more than 2 hours again (but who knows maybe I'll change my mind later if there's a super awesome new show).

about an hour and 15 or 30 minutes for the best seating for WoC, about an hour for fireworks, and like 15-20 minutes for F!. it all depends on how busy the park is that day

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I usually show up about 30 minutes before a show, and I find that's usually enough time to get a good spot. My feet are usually hurting after a long day in the park, but somehow watching the night time entertainment, I forget about that.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• The doctor is in

I waited about an hour for World of Color earlier this year. I could have given myself 30min and probably would have been fine, though. Sitting on the cement staring at the Mickey wheel of death tends to get boring after a while.

I have waited for Fantasmic up to 90min in the past. I usually give myself an 45-60min, though.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Hooterville, USA

I voted 30 minutes.

But, the first time I ever went to Club 33, they were 45 minutes late in seating us. My party was upset with the wait, but I would have waited 45 days to be able to go in!

It was worth the wait!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Sometimes it's SO nice to wait for a show, I didn't have this experience until recently.
    By the time most people are on their third full day of a Disney trip, they are exhausted, as were my boyfriend and I. We decided to take it rather slowly the third day and not rush to get anywhere. We did want to see Fantasmic! our last night, so we sat down 2 hours early to see it. I know it sounds like an insane amount of time and maybe not worth it to some of you, but to be honest, it was fantastic. It was dusk, and beautiful on the river, with the sun setting. We talked about our day, about all the good memories, and even made friends with the people next to us! I got up at some point to walk right over and get us some of that yummy gumbo in NOS, and returned within a few minutes with our dinner. It was so peaceful to just relax and rest our feet, eat our dinner, and chill out on the blankets waiting for the show. Two hours felt like one, and I would totally do it again when I get exhausted or just want a break from walking, some down time. And it's not like you're wasting your time, because we got a spot right up front, waterside, and we got to see an amazing show of course.

I highly recommend waiting long for things if you're looking to chill out for awhile and visit with family/friends, or meet new people.

• We Want The Redhead

I might wait on Main Street for 20 minutes for a regular fireworks show. Maybe 45 minutes at Small World Plaza for New Year's Eve or July 4th fireworks. The longest I wait as a rule is 3 hours for Candlelight at Town Square on opening night.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• I am number 4 of 999

Getting a "good" spot for A Christmas Fantasy parade can be brutal! You have to stake out your spot 45-60 minutes before it starts. We usually wait about 40 minutes for Aladdin so we can get within the first three rows.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• The doctor is in

I don't think I have ever waited for the fireworks shows or the parades. I usually just walk into them or watch from a distance, especially the fireworks. I don't see any point in parking it/cramming with people on Main Street when you can see the fireworks from just about any part of the park. You can also see them from outside the park.

Most of the time when I have seen the fireworks with the audio it was while waiting for Fantasmic. The fireworks usually go right before the first Fantasmic show.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Mischievous Mouse

30, I've seen 'em all, so prime seating/viewing isn't an issue

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

For WOC I usually end up waiting an hour since I return at the beginning of the time printed. Besides I always like a particular spot in the back.

For Fantasmic I can usually duck into a spot at the last minute and have a great view, but I usually wait about 20 mins or so.

The Fireworks I've waited up to 60-90 mins. I like to be in front of the castle and you have to get there early and be willing to wait.

• Hello Dolly.

We usually try to hit out shows 30-60 minutes ahead.

In Mid-august not many crowds, but going in December we usually go about an hour before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast