Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

What do you think of Photopass?

Do you use it?

Is it right priced?

I just used it, received it very fast, faster than Amazon!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• -

Re: What do you think of Photopass?

It's fine for what it is. I use it more when I am on vacation in FL as opposed to Disneyland where I am there all the time. I do wish they had the option of a digital download instead of ordering prints from them.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Do you use it?

Is it right priced?
    I've used it a bunch of times over the years. Usually for 4 or 5 day visits to DLR, during special times at DLR like the holidays and Halloween seasons, also for WDW trips which for me are 5-8 days long.

The price is high. I've gotten a few photobooks which compared to others are very expensive but the PP ones have Disney themes and they make nice momentos of trips taken for special occasions. The photo CD value really depends on how many pictures you get. If you only go for a day and get pictures taken twice it's expensive for those 10 pictures that 3 or 4 came out nicely taken. If you go for many days you get more value I've gotten over 100 each time, and close to 500 at WDW a couple times, so have many photos that turned out great.

Another thing I like is the night pictures. They photographers have their cameras ready and a tripod set up so they come out good. It saves me from hauling a tripod around, or my bigger better camera.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's fine for what it is. I use it more when I am on vacation in FL as opposed to Disneyland where I am there all the time. I do wish they had the option of a digital download instead of ordering prints from them.
    I agree, I should get both, even though most printers have scanners.

I guess it's like Disney and their digital copy drop on their movies releases. They used to offer, then dropped it.

grrrr!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Banned User

I have a phone and camera. That's all I need at those prices.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I have a phone and camera. That's all I need at those prices.
    And usually that me too.

But I just bought a $350.00 Cannon and I'd be super-pissed if a CM dropped it while shooting my family.

-Walt Disney

What about the photo pass plus it seams to be a great deal and you get the cd of your pics

• Sock Puppet

i don't buy the pics from photo pass.. but i do let them take my photo.. ha! But i guess the prices are okay.. they could be worse!! LOL

Can you get your picture taken and put on the photopass anywhere in the resort that a CM photographer is available?

Plus at the select attractions? (SPace, SPlash, TOT, RSR, Screamin)

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Can you get your picture taken and put on the photopass anywhere in the resort that a CM photographer is available?

Yes I believe so.

What I like is that I don't need a Photopass card anymore. I just have them scan it onto my AP card. I don't know how long that Disney has been doing that but I just barely noticed it in my last visit, where I renewed. And that was good because I was starting to collect a numerous amount of Photopass cards I didn't need.

• Under that tree again!

That is how photopass works. You go to the PhotoPass photographers, hand them you card and they take your picture and it goes into the account linked to your card.

At attractions with onride photos, they can be put on your card if you are using the PhotoPass Plus cards. Or for the charge of the photo. Also the Plus card will let you put on pictures from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and currently the Pirates League. Also with the Plus card at chracters meals where they take your picture.

• Minion

I have used the Photopass service to it's fullest possible use in the past and was pretty happy with it. Here are a few tips to help you maximize your dollar.

1. If you are ordering the Photo CD, it doesn't matter how many photos you have on it.
    You can view each photo on the website crop them and save them as different sizes, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10. You can also put different border designs around each photo. Since you never know what type of frame you will put it in or what size that frame will be, save each photo with every possible border in each individual size. I had about 40 different photos on my CD and by the time I was done saving them with different borders and different sizes there were over 300.

2. If you happen to be planning on different trips within a 30 day period, you can wait and use the same Photopass card for both trips and get all the photos on one CD.
    We travelled to Disney World and used it there, then came to Disneyland and used the same one there, all on the same card.

3. If you try to buy the CD while you are at the park, it is a little cheaper but you don't have the ability to save them in different sizes or do any cropping or add the borders to them. so you don't really get as much of your money's worth.

My only disappointment with the Photopass system is the lack of creativity. Every person they photograph gets the exact same photo as everyone else. They aren't allowed to do anything unique to each person.

They also arent' allowed to wait for a split second to make the photo better. You can be having your photo taken and a person 6'6" could be right behind you with a screaming child on his shoulder and they will take the photo right then instead of waiting for them to be out of the frame. Over half of the photos they took of us were terrible. The good ones were very good, so I was happy overall.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I would have loved to try it, but a PhotoPass CM at WDW handed me back the wrong card and I lost my week's worth of pictures. First trip and everything.
    A signature should go here.

Susie, I hope you get some kind of refund.

I think the Disneyland Photopass Plus might only be valid for 14 days. I thought I read that on the DLR website.

Susie, I hope you get some kind of refund.

I think the Disneyland Photopass Plus might only be valid for 14 days. I thought I read that on the DLR website.
    Yes - you can have the pictures taken for 14 days...then 30 days to order the CD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast