Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Can DCA Ever Expand More?

I think you could remove any of the bugs land rides, build rides underground in those spots then put the bugs land rides on top of them, they can't weigh that much.

Personally, my biggest issue with DCA is that I feel like theres too much emphasis on dining and not enough on theming/attractions. I mean the new dining options in Paradise Pier have like 10,000 seats the majority of which are almost always empty.

Another huge issue I have with DCA is A Bug's Land. It's actually quite awful. The rides are a complete bore and the land seems too unused and lazy. It's not even for kids as a whole it seems like a land solely for newborns to tiny toddler's.
    Last edited by torturedbys0litude; 10-07-2012 at 10:26 PM.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by torturedbys0litude View Post
    Personally, my biggest issue with DCA is that I feel like theres too much emphasis on dining and not enough on theming/attractions. I mean the new dining options in Paradise Pier have like 10,000 seats the majority of which are almost always empty.

Another huge issue I have with DCA is A Bug's Land. It's actually quite awful. The rides are a complete bore and the land seems too unused and lazy. It's not even for kids as a whole it seems like a land solely for newborns to tiny toddler's.
    Which do make a percentage of people who come into the park.

Just until yesterday, I thought Bugs Land was a waste of space, but as I was doing research on what rides my 2 year old sister could go on in CA Adventure, Bugs Land was virtually the only place she could ride actual rides. While it might seem babyish and silly to you, it's the only corner of the CA Adventure where littler kids can go. The rides seem like a bore to you, because you're most likely above the age of 10. Bugs Land is really well detailed if you actually take a look at it; as others have said you actually feel like a bug, surround by grass two times taller than you. If Disney wants to keep families with little ones coming into CA Adventure, they need to keep Bugs Land.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post

Just until yesterday, I thought Bugs Land was a waste of space, but as I was doing research on what rides my 2 year old sister could go on in CA Adventure, Bugs Land was virtually the only place she could ride actual rides. While it might seem babyish and silly to you, it's the only corner of the CA Adventure where littler kids can go. The rides seem like a bore to you, because you're most likely above the age of 10. Bugs Land is really well detailed if you actually take a look at it; as others have said you actually feel like a bug, surround by grass two times taller than you. If Disney wants to keep families with little ones coming into CA Adventure, they need to keep Bugs Land.
    Well I agree that the detail is rather charming. But there is quite a bit of wasted space which results in lessening the feeling of whimsy. I think part of Disney's general charm is their ability to create a space thats an escape not only for tiny children who don't know any better but also for adults as well. Cars Land executes that goal perfectly, whereas Bugs Land does not.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post

Just until yesterday, I thought Bugs Land was a waste of space, but as I was doing research on what rides my 2 year old sister could go on in CA Adventure.
    And not just a small percentage that we'll call x. It for 2x or 3x or more percent of the guests. This is a large group of guests. Because as you will exprience Cheshire, that someone is going with your 2yo sister.

• Goofy

can tower of terror be expanded? since there is some space or whatever is left

• Cast Member

Take a walk from Luigi's into Fliks Fun Fair next time. You'll come across a pair of giant brown parade doors that could potentially lead to an expansion in the future. With the right planning, the space could easily house something to rival Cars Land.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12