Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• A spooky ghost

Re: How would one get off Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage?

I find the best strategy to be never getting on them.

• Fantasmic!

If a boat cannot move, another boat will push it back to the dock. Each sub has underwater bumpers.
    Last edited by cancolby; 09-30-2012 at 03:47 PM.

That would be a fun thread to start....have you ever been stuck on a ride?

What do they do on the subs if someone has a panic attack due to claustrophobia? I would think it was a common occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Disney View Post
    OMG... you mean the subs don't really go down?
    hehehehe
    They're actually boats with viewing ports below water level but, similarly, the "Matterhorn Bobsleds" are really wheeled roller coaster cars so it's more fun to participate in the "magic" and call them Subs and Bobsleds than what they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    What do they do on the subs if someone has a panic attack due to claustrophobia? I would think it was a common occurrence.
    I would think it tends to take care of itself and anyone with a history of being uncomfortable in confined spaces would either not get in line or not go down the stairs once he/she saw what the ride is. I know my sister won't consider it and she's a fairly mild case.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I would think it tends to take care of itself and anyone with a history of being uncomfortable in confined spaces would either not get in line or not go down the stairs once he/she saw what the ride is. I know my sister won't consider it and she's a fairly mild case.
    Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    I would suggest if people have conditions that don't let them be normal they read the warning signs.

There is an option on the subs, for people with dissabilites to sit in an "observation room". In this room they can watch a movie of the voyage that is similiar to looking through a portal.

Climb out a then you just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Just wondering if it ever broke down for a long period of time, how the guests could get out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    There were some pictures posted here a while back, maybe a year ago, by a guest who was evacuated from the sub while it was in the show building.
    Me too. I remember seeing the thread about evac from the subs last year. Nevermind, found it! mycroft16 posted this link to a trip report back in Aug. 2011 that included evacuation pictures from the Nemo subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    You would only have to remove people via boat if the sub is in the outdoor portion of the ride. The inside has catwalks.
    When I first found out about the illusion I was blown away. The door to the hatch is above the water line throughout the entire ride!
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 09-30-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: update

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Okay so say someone has a code V on the subs, what happens then? I sincerely hope that has never happened, but I'm sure it has.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   

I think I morbidly tuned into this thread to hear about them just opening the hatches, flooding the sub and letting the heartiest ones fight their way to the surface. How disappointing.

My ex-girlfriend once boarded the ride and had a claustrophobic attack. She never knew she was like this, especially weird since she was in the Navy at the time. She stepped on me and several others just to get out of the thing, but of course we had the luxury of being at the dock. If underway and a Code V happened I would assume it's handled little different than an airline handles an unruly passenger, which is just weather it out until you're back at the station then have someone deal with it. It's not like they can muscle their way past other subs back to the boarding station.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I think I morbidly tuned into this thread to hear about them just opening the hatches, flooding the sub and letting the heartiest ones fight their way to the surface. How disappointing.

My ex-girlfriend once boarded the ride and had a claustrophobic attack. She never knew she was like this, especially weird since she was in the Navy at the time. She stepped on me and several others just to get out of the thing, but of course we had the luxury of being at the dock. If underway and a Code V happened I would assume it's handled little different than an airline handles an unruly passenger, which is just weather it out until you're back at the station then have someone deal with it. It's not like they can muscle their way past other subs back to the boarding station.
    For sanitary and health hazard reasons, you'd think they might evacuate but who knows?

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

THey use a boat. its not in the show building. its off to the side behind some trees. and if its gets stuck in the caverns there is catwalks and they use a portable ladder thingy to get the people off the sub onto the catwalk which leads to the outside

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Okay so say someone has a code V on the subs, what happens then? I sincerely hope that has never happened, but I'm sure it has.
    you call custodial and they come clean it then you gotta drive around the ride about once or twice until the smell is gone then people can come back in that sub

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    They're actually boats with viewing ports below water level but, similarly, the "Matterhorn Bobsleds" are really wheeled roller coaster cars so it's more fun to participate in the "magic" and call them Subs and Bobsleds than what they really are.
    Thanks bigcatrik, though I was actually being sarcastic.

I actually HAVE encountered people that are shocked when I tell them they don't go down...
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    I've seen two subs stuck for 2-3 hours because of an earthquake, I wondered who and when they were "freed" from the subs.
    That's when I evac myself.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Just drawn that way

Does anyone have photo's or video of the boat or the evac using the boat for the people stuck in the lagoon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast