Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• A spooky ghost

Re: Is Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean getting mermaids?

They should replace the skeleton in Hurricane Lagoon with Pintel and Ragetti AA's that do a Three Stooges routine, switch out the mayor with an Orlando Bloom AA that just screams "JACK SPARROW!" over and over, and switch out the redhead with a Whoopie Goldberg AA while the pirates shout, "We wants to watch The View! Weekdays at 11, 10 central on ABC!" Also, stick at least 14 Jerry Bruckheimer AA's throughout the attraction.
    Last edited by burdenx; 09-30-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burdenx View Post
    They should replace the skeleton in Hurricane Lagoon with Pintel and Ragetti AA's that do a Three Stooges routine, switch out the mayor with an Orlando Bloom AA that just screams "JACK SPARROW!" over and over, and switch out the redhead with a Whoopie Goldberg AA while the pirates shout, "We wants to watch The View! Weekdays at 11, 10 central!" over and over. Also, stick at least 14 Jerry Bruckheimer AA's throughout the attraction.
    And they should rename it superstar limo

• ooooooOO!

^ HAHAHAHA!

You know... why don't they just revert Pirates back to its original state, and have a month when they change it up to "Movie version" and maybe even a "Halloween version" like the Haunted Mansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuuster View Post
    ^ HAHAHAHA!

You know... why don't they just revert Pirates back to its original state, and have a month when they change it up to "Movie version" and maybe even a "Halloween version" like the Haunted Mansion?
    Because that would cost money. And you know that can't afford that when they're doing so poorly with the low park attendance and the recurring ticket price reductions......oh...wait....

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Disney has proven that it is more than willing to invest in the Resort...

The reason that changing the offering a few times a year wont happen is not because Disney is too cheap, but rather because that sort of investment makes no sense. Making the attraction so that everything can be easily swapped out would almost certainly hurt it. The complex and fragile AA's would never stand up to constant handling and would then need to be replaced with more robust (read: simpler) figures. Would two different Pirates versions throughout the year really make the experience better for guests?

Yeah, I was joking. Though I can't say that I agree that Disney corp has a solid history of investing in their parks. Things may be looking up after Carsland, since it looks like it will provide a great return on the investment.
    Last edited by Steveman; 09-30-2012 at 12:06 AM.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Sometimes it just feels like people are so resistant to change.
    No, people are resistant to bad change and just feel if things are altered or replaced it should be better than what was there before. Adding additional movie elements to Pirates will just be further bastardization of what was once one of the greatest rides ever.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Mischief Managed

Blog Entries

As much as I love the original pirates and wish for its return, it is gone. So I find myself feeling like what the hell, if your gonna tailor it to the movies, then do it right. Cause right now its a messy mix of old and new and the mist projection must die. I would be fine with mermaids. specifically the boat scene where the pirates first encounter them. Either a few of them taunting a small boat of Pirate AA's OR a group of them staring at our boat near by. They would come up from the water and seeing those heads bob up and down with the waters current as they stare us down for lunch would be a nice chilling moment the rides desperately needs. I think some think of mermaids on the ride like mermaids on the old submarine ride. sittin' pretty on the beach perhaps. goodbye crabs! But I think they can be so much more. They're cool, seductive, mystical and ruthless killers.

Like hmeh taunting a boat full of Pirate AA's

or hmeh taunting us the guests as lunchables.

and hmeh

Sincerely,
    Johnny Sailor Bold

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm not a fan of USH, but at least they change. Sometimes it just feels like people are so resistant to change.
    When did Mermaids ever make sense for this ride....it just ruins the quite mood set by the attractions opening act no need to add mermaids to "spice" it up it's one of the best set ups for any ride...if it works DONT break it just because you can change it

• Fun times

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'd be okay with it as long as The Little Mermaid gets pirates.
    Mermaid would actually have a line!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    When did Mermaids ever make sense for this ride....it just ruins the quite mood set by the attractions opening act no need to add mermaids to "spice" it up it's one of the best set ups for any ride...if it works DONT break it just because you can change it
    They don't make sense because it would be adding an element to an attraction that you don't want refreshed. Plummeting down into caverns from a bayou doesn't necessarily make sense, but it's there and it clearly works.

So we're now making judgements on an element that hasn't even appeared yet?? Give them a chance. They're trying to give guests a refreshed attraction that they've been going on for the past 40+ years.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    My god, please just leave that attraction the $#%* alone already!!
    My thoughts exactly!

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    I'd be up for mermaids but only as a reflection in the water, shadow displayed on the cave or maybe their siren call. Sung by Gemma Ward ~ Jolly sailor bold. As a hint of mermaids lurk in these caves.
    That would actually be really cool

• Senior Minion

Give them a chance. They're trying to give guests a refreshed attraction that they've been going on for the past 40+ years.
    They've been given multiple chances and screwed them up multiple times. They're not trying to "give guests" a refreshed anything, they've hijacked one of the most popular and successful theme park rides in the world to market a movie franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    My god, please just leave that attraction the $#%* alone already!!
    Amen!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I am for this change, change is good no matter what !

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast