Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Re: Is Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean getting mermaids?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyZealotBJP View Post
    As long as Disney does the mermaids very detailed, realistic, while staying true to original attraction way then I think the addition would be fine. Then again that is very tricky
    Exactly how I feel.
    Guess we all will just have to see.

If there were mermaids when the ride was constructed, I'd really think there would be no problem with fans. But Disney is really doing to much too true fans with all these movie additions to the themeparks, especially an original attraction by Walt himself & I can see why many are just fed up.

• 1000th Happy Haunt

I don't think that putting the mermaid scene into the Disneyland version of POTC is such a great idea. I think that they should keep Disneyland as original as possible (seeing as how it is the original park) and WDW the more updated version. I love WDW, but I recently took a trip to Disneyland within the last month just on the basis that it would make me feel nostalgic because of its historical significance. I don't want to loose that nostalgic feeling when going on the old POTC ride when I see all of the new animatorincs etc...I'd rather go to WDW for that...Then again I could just be babbling over here...haha
    My conversations offer a chilling challenge...to find a way out...MUAHAHAHAHAHA

• "What? What?"

I said this in the theatre on opening night of Pirates. The mermiad scene is the most impactful scene of that movie. And it would fit great ino the ride. Where? The caverns you past through at the begining of the ride. I could just imagine floating along the caves and in a far off echoing voice the mermaids singing... "My jolly sailer bold". It would be great to work it into the drops too. They could use projections fromt he onto the water in those dark areas of mermaids rushing by. Then suddenly you drop! It would be a great addition that part of the ride. They could do a couple of tail that poke out of the water.

They could completely kill it if they show a full mermaid though.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Threads like this make me REALLY glad that Disney could get sued for using Micechat member's ideas.

• Mikorail

Hmmm.... I'm a Disney Traditionalist and hate the PC changes that were made at DL's POTC and confused with the addition of Captain Jack hiding in the barrel. The "Girl in the Barrel" next to the pirate holding her clothes was more a Pirate-like activity. Why must we rewrite history????

All that being said.... If 'there be Mermaids' in POTC, they better be popping out of water looking like the movie version...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Mikorail

Sorry.... One more rant.

Why is it we might get Mermaids (and I sure more than one) in POTC, but we can't get ol' Hattie back in the Mansion?!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mksgrist View Post
    Sorry.... One more rant.

Why is it we might get Mermaids (and I sure more than one) in POTC, but we can't get ol' Hattie back in the Mansion?!
    He hasn't been in a Disney movie yet.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RSZero1 View Post
    For the most part, the ride now - esp with the removal of America Sings - is the AA showpiece. There is no other ride currently that has as many AA figures, so its not surprising that they consider adding things to the ride as that is the one place they can try out newer processing/developments with realistic AA's
    Then add more Pirates....make some of the existing pirates to be more real....Really if you think about it before the movies while the ride was not 100% realistic it felt real and believable it focused on how Pirates lived

Now it's more about Jack, adding mist screens that are not very hidden, with Davy Jones and Blackbeard (yeah still don't get it her had no powers his boat/sword did) and now Mermaids? I just find these additions distracting from what the ride was suppose to be...the ride would have lines EITHER way so why add more when it's not really making the ride better?

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Then add more Pirates....make some of the existing pirates to be more real....Really if you think about it before the movies while the ride was not 100% realistic it felt real and believable it focused on how Pirates lived

Now it's more about Jack, adding mist screens that are not very hidden, with Davy Jones and Blackbeard (yeah still don't get it her had no powers his boat/sword did) and now Mermaids? I just find these additions distracting from what the ride was suppose to be...the ride would have lines EITHER way so why add more when it's not really making the ride better?
    Agree, good post.

---------- Post added 10-05-2012 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    He hasn't been in a Disney movie yet.
    Yep, as stated by Bob Iger "We will not add original characters to any Disney Parks attraction. Only characters whose movie or movies have grossed $100 million or more internationally"...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Banned User

If you look... They've been there for a while.
    Name:  disney-3-5-06-pirates-plaque.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  237.1 KB

• Hot FIRE!

I REALLY wanted to stay out of this but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Then Disney should put a chupracabra in the Haunted Mansion, change is good no matter what, right?
    By the same logic, Disney should NEVER change a thing. Let's keep it a museum! no upgrades, keep everything as it was. See what I did there?

Getting old? It was just updated 6 years ago with the movie tie in junk. The more attractions are un-necessarily "upgraded", the more the original intent, story, and structure of the attraction goes bye-bye. Might as well quit calling it Pirates of the Caribbean and call it The Great Movie Rip Off. Disney needs to get rid of the mist screen and bring back the creepy dark area with ghostly voices warning that dead men tell no tales.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    This my friends is the internet age....a good ride is only good if it is changed every few years

It the story went unchanged for 35 years and people still loved it...gets a "new" story and already its old....or just so bland and boring that people demand more crap until the whole ride is just an Ad for a movie and....nothing more
    The hate is strong here but really now, the key words she saidwhere "To me" not "it's a FACT that pirates is getting old and outdated." Not everyone wants the attraction to stay as is and that's an opinion. the way it seems is that you're WONG for wanting another addition to an attraction that while maybe might not need any updates, could still benefit from them. I have to agree with something that was said here pages back, classic Pirates is long gone. Are some choices for change questionable? Perhaps but geez you're ready to throw out her logic is it's due to being part of the internet age. now on to what I want to say:

Personally I want pirates updated with more realistic AA over time. I can take of leave Jack Sparrow as for me he doesn't detract from my experience nor does he really do much. He's there and that's fine by me. It's not like they're throwing something COMPLETELY off like ponies and unicorns that spew hamburgers that each speak of you buying merch outside the attraction. Mermaids could work if given the chance...I'll remain optimistic.

...As I see it

Infernoman said:
    By the same logic, Disney should NEVER change a thing. Let's keep it a museum! no upgrades, keep everything as it was. See what I did there?
    Nobody's against change, I myself would not mind upgraded AA's, upgraded and enhanced special effects-those sort of things. But to stick something in a classic attraction and change the original story for "Synergy" sake like they did adding Jack Sparrow, like they would be doing if they added mermaids, is bogus.

Even though they've changed the ride to incorporate the movies, the overall feel of it is the same, to me. I'm sure mermaids wouldn't change that either.

Quote Originally Posted by paradesintherain View Post
    Even though they've changed the ride to incorporate the movies, the overall feel of it is the same, to me. I'm sure mermaids wouldn't change that either.
    You do realize that the original story of the ride was about finding treasure and it's consequences and not about looking for Jack Sparrow, right?

You do realize that the original story of the ride was about finding treasure and it's consequences and not about looking for Jack Sparrow, right?
    Of course I realize that, which is why I said 'feel' of the ride, and not 'storyline' of the ride.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast