Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Minion

Re: Is Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean getting mermaids?

I wouldn't want to see them added as part of story, but as part of atmosphere...to suggest the world of pirates included mermaids. Now before you jump on me about the world of historical pirates... but then this isn't a totally accurate portrayal and never was. Someone mentioned having them at the beginning of the caverns, and that could be fun, before you round the corner and see the stabbed pirate with the seagull on his head. A hint of them and the sound of their song...could be fun.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I wouldn't want to see them added as part of story, but as part of atmosphere...to suggest the world of pirates included mermaids. Now before you jump on me about the world of historical pirates... but then this isn't a totally accurate portrayal and never was. Someone mentioned having them at the beginning of the caverns, and that could be fun, before you round the corner and see the stabbed pirate with the seagull on his head. A hint of them and the sound of their song...could be fun.
    Well, now. There you go. If this rumor of the mermaids is done right, then they'll make a fine addition to the attraction. Walt Disney himself never intended Disneyland to be a museum. He saw his beloved park as something he could always change and improve upon. Something that always annoyed him about films once they were complete and in the can.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I REALLY wanted to stay out of this but alas...

By the same logic, Disney should NEVER change a thing. Let's keep it a museum! no upgrades, keep everything as it was. See what I did there?

The hate is strong here but really now, the key words she saidwhere "To me" not "it's a FACT that pirates is getting old and outdated." Not everyone wants the attraction to stay as is and that's an opinion. the way it seems is that you're WONG for wanting another addition to an attraction that while maybe might not need any updates, could still benefit from them. I have to agree with something that was said here pages back, classic Pirates is long gone. Are some choices for change questionable? Perhaps but geez you're ready to throw out her logic is it's due to being part of the internet age. now on to what I want to say:

Personally I want pirates updated with more realistic AA over time. I can take of leave Jack Sparrow as for me he doesn't detract from my experience nor does he really do much. He's there and that's fine by me. It's not like they're throwing something COMPLETELY off like ponies and unicorns that spew hamburgers that each speak of you buying merch outside the attraction. Mermaids could work if given the chance...I'll remain optimistic.

...As I see it
    When the changes enhance the ride go for it...but come on adding mermaids just for change *** nothing...i said if they want to add more Pirates go ahead...make them more realistic go for it.

But Pirates is like a classic film...yeah clean it up a bit every now and then but don;t redo it.....we fell in love with the ride for a reason and Jack Sparrow was and never will be why

• Hot FIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    When the changes enhance the ride go for it...but come on adding mermaids just for change *** nothing...i said if they want to add more Pirates go ahead...make them more realistic go for it.

But Pirates is like a classic film...yeah clean it up a bit every now and then but don;t redo it.....we fell in love with the ride for a reason and Jack Sparrow was and never will be why
    but everyone thinks different. my GF and her mom think Jack and the fog projection enhance the experience. That's their opinion. I like the fog effect but jack again I'm meh towards him. What people view as enhancements/distractions is subjective hence why I'm going to remain optimistic.

Everyone likes things for different reasons. I love Star Wars to this day even with the re-releases adding more to it. It's still the same core story and characters I love regardless of the subjective/questionable changes they make. what ruins these things (along with TV shows/Video games/theme park rides) is the fanbase and how sometimes our overcritical nature to dissect everything makes things look ugly when thing don't look as bad as we make it out to be. Maybe I'm just too easy to please?

...As I see it

• The doctor is in

I hope they don't add mermaids to Disneyland's ride. I wish they wouldn't add them at all.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    but everyone thinks different. my GF and her mom think Jack and the fog projection enhance the experience. That's their opinion. I like the fog effect but jack again I'm meh towards him. What people view as enhancements/distractions is subjective hence why I'm going to remain optimistic.

Everyone likes things for different reasons. I love Star Wars to this day even with the re-releases adding more to it. It's still the same core story and characters I love regardless of the subjective/questionable changes they make. what ruins these things (along with TV shows/Video games/theme park rides) is the fanbase and how sometimes our overcritical nature to dissect everything makes things look ugly when thing don't look as bad as we make it out to be. Maybe I'm just too easy to please?

...As I see it
    Well the only people who I think care enough about the ride are on these forums....they're the one's who say this is crap to what it used to be the masses eat up crap like Transformers, Miley Cyrus and more Pirates Movies.

I care more about what the real fans have to say the ones that care about the parks more then the current owners do...the ones that go there and enjoy the parks.

To me the best example of what is happening to Pirates is if they changed Indy timeline from the good old days to Indy 4 where he had a son...sure some would like it...but the real fans would hate it because it's not the Indy they grew up with...that was classic and good and not as commercial as the movies made today

• Banned User

This is actually a tie-in I wouldn't mind. Better than more Jack Sparrow. If it has the feel of the WOC sequence, I really wouldn't mind.

• Doombuggy Rider

We are all entitled to our own opinions (like Ron Burgundy said to Veronica Corningstone "lets agree to disagree" (lol). My opinion is that I don't mind if the same Ride @ each Walt Disney Theme Park differs in some way (because that's what makes them exclusive to said Theme Park); yet what may enhance Pirates of the Caribbean @ WDW (which isn't in a New Orleans Square) wouldn't work for Pirates of the Caribbean @ Disneyland (which is in a New Orleans Square) ...

I'm also in agreement with those who remember the original Pirates of the Caribbean and would prefer everything to be returned to it's original presentation (with the enhancements provided by better audio-animatronics, digital audio, lighting, aquatic effects, etc) ... but then again, I also miss the original Attic Bride in the Haunted Mansion

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Minion

The mermaids aren't very impressive. Just a blurry and quick projection. We don't need it.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456