Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Is Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean getting mermaids?

Walt Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean is getting a new mermaid scene soon. It was leaked by insiders and semi-confirmed through a blog post: Ahoy! Changes Are Afoot at Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom Park « Disney Parks Blog and leaked concept art: Here come the mermaids | Page 6 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

I was just wondering if Disneyland's is also slated to get the addition since everything is now cloned between the two coasts. I think honestly at this point there better off building a second pirates of the caribbean attraction that is based solely off the world from the movie and leave the ride as its original classic self.

Re: Is Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean getting mermaids?

I would not even say the rides are cloned of one another, given how much is missing from WDW when compared to DL's (and the fact they kept their chase scene unchanged).

Have to wait and see I guess. I could see them doing it to try to keep interest in the franchise alive, but really....where would they go in the ride? I cannot think of a place they would really 'fit in' so to speak.

• Foolish Mortal

Oh my Jesus of Suburbia I hope not. I don't like the movie tie in with the ride. Isn't it bad enough it's in the ride and there's a Pirates Island or whatever it is on Tom Sawyer Island?

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• -

Why don't they just take all te movie stuff off the ride instead? That would be so much better.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Why don't they just take all te movie stuff off the ride instead? That would be so much better.
    That would make too much sense.

I'd be okay with it as long as The Little Mermaid gets pirates.

I hope not!!
    That'll ruin the feel of the ride!!

• Hooterville, USA

They ought to add Mr. Toad along with Casey Jr. Don't leave anything out!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• -

Maybe they could add real pirates like Roberto Clemente.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Cunning infiltrator

Aw man...really? WDW POTC is in fact the worst of all POTC in Disney Parks. Disneyland And Tokyo Disneyland's POTC are the best, since they retain the original classic feel that stood the test of time. The reason is that WDW's POTC is not well maintained, the effects and the sounds are not as good, its shorter and smaller. Though they do have a better queue line. Adding the new mermaid scene will ruin the feel of the ride.

I hope they don't. I think Disney will put the mermaids in the cave grotto scene.

Overnight changes are just not that great, they are more rushed. I think the mermaids will be static props or simple animatronics. It seems many of the WDW fans are enjoying the change.

Well there are good and bad changes.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Banned User

I kinda like the idea of adding mermaids because one of my favorite scenes in the REAL submarine voyage ride was when you travel through atlantis and see mermaids living among the ruins the background. It was so surreal and memorable and it was little things like that made Disneyland cool as a kid. So I hope they do something like that for the pirates addition.

I have not heard any rumors stating that Disney will be installing them in the California attraction. I'm guessing that they want to see how it goes in Florida before they even consider placing it in the California attraction.

From what I've heard, they've been testing out the effects and everything after hours for quite some time now (I've been hearing about this for at least the past six months). So, it's not exactly slapped together. I guess we'll see when it happens.

I don't mind the mermaids as much as I mind the rest of the movie elements. Mermaids are mermaids. They're not exactly high-profile characters from the movies. Mermaids can be found in many stories. Capt'n Jack Sparrow can only be found in the movies.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

yea to me the mermaids would just be a subtle addition to the cave grotto scene. They already tied the ride in with the movie so they might as well.

I mean they cant be any worse than a giant projection of davy jones or ian mcshane

• Cunning infiltrator

Maybe...adding the beautiful yet deadly mermaids isn't such a bad idea. Adding new scenes or effects to the classic attraction while still feeling the same is great! Just be glad Disney doesn't remove all of the classic attraction like Universal Studios Hollywood did to their Back to the Future ride and the Backdraft special effects show. Though, USH still keep some of their classics of course.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

I'm not a fan of USH, but at least they change. Sometimes it just feels like people are so resistant to change.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast