• Dreams do come true

ITS OFFICIAL, Disneyland wedding in the works

It took a lot to consider but we are getting married at Disneyland. We'll probably have the ceremony and reception at GCH. I really wanted to do the castle ceremony but its way to much and not worth it for 30 mins...well it is but not in the budget. We'll have the wedding next November, spend the next day in DL with the family, than fly out to WDW for the honeymoon and Disney cruise. My fiance and I want to dine at Club 33 the night after the wedding but I haven't had a chance to see if the owner of the company I work for has one....plus I don't want to seem rude to ask and he lives in another state. I hope we can it would really add to the whole wedding.

Anywhoo we started talking about the invites, we want to do the passport invites with boarding pass save the dates. Another awesome idea is for the RSVP have the old DL tickets when the park first opened. Just not sure where to get find a template.

Super excited, share you ideas please. I might even think of a way to have MC involved

Congratulations! I'm jealous. I really want one but we'll see.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Re: ITS OFFICIAL, Disneyland wedding in the works

I got married at the Rose Court Garden and had the reception at GCH. Loved all of it! Even had Mickey & Minnie come to the reception & had Cinderellas' Carriage for the wedding.

• Dreams do come true

@PoeMeow oh I hope you do.

@AB Born oh really, can you tell me more about it? We're meeting with our wedding planner in November and we're thinking about the terrace for the ceremony. Do you have pictures? haha sorry I haven't been able to talk to another couple who has been married there.

We're thinking about doing each table theme of a land in Disney and each seat will be a different ride or attraction in that land. Once we start the diy centerpieces I'll post pictures.

•   
    • Banned User

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Congratulations!
    start with the save the dates & see if club 33 is offered maybe?

• Dreams do come true

Thank you @fifthrider.
    @smartlabelprint thank you, I've only talked to the owner once and it was more of a hi how are you type of thing but I hope he comes back to town. Although the two years I've worked here he's only been here once haha. I was going to bring it up casually in conversation since he lives in Santa Monica but just have to wait for my chance if it ever comes up. I guess I can always take the tour the day after the wedding and at least see the lobby of Club 33, even that would mean a lot.

• Dreams do come true

we have decided on a fastpass Save the Dates. Found a cute design on Etsy for this. YAYAYAY

Quote Originally Posted by kaylas View Post
    Anywhoo we started talking about the invites, we want to do the passport invites with boarding pass save the dates. Another awesome idea is for the RSVP have the old DL tickets when the park first opened. Just not sure where to get find a template.
    All that you really need to start with is a good "tiff" or "pdf" file of your ticket. Take it to your local print shop & they can take it from there. Not just any print shop will do. The chain print shops probably aren't going to have the expertise or the equipment to take care of you.They would probably buy it out themselves. What you are looking for is a shop with either a HP "Indigo" press or a Xerox "iGen." These are both members of the digital printing family. If you call the local PIA (Printing Industries of America) office in Las Vegas, they should be able to tell you who has either of these types of equipment. There should be three or four in you area. If the printer has either of these types of equipment, they will have the prepress (art & type) capabilities to turn your file into just about anything you want with Photoshop & Quark. Personally, I would look for a printer with a HP Indigo, but that is a matter of preference.
    Now there are a couple of things you should know. For the paper you should plan on printing on white paper. Don't fret as the printer can scan any background you would want (except metallic colors) & turn your white paper into almost any shade.
    Colored stock for this equipment is limited and expensive as compared to the white. If you print multiple tickets,like a "D" & an "E" ticket, the background colors can be different at no additional charge. If the printer tells you it will, they are fibbing.
    One last word of caution. Even though this is a one time printing, I would be careful not to duplicate any of the Mouse's trademark fonts or graphics. There are free fonts on the web that mimic those of Disney's & your guests will be none the wiser. The printer will probably having something close enough on file.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Dreams do come true

@gomezaddams wow that you so much, I'm really excitied we are going this route. It's more personal.

• The doctor is in

Congratulations!
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Am I invited?
    lol jk
    its going to be a magical wedding when the big day comes
    Congrats

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Dreams do come true

@DrFink thank you very much. @Michael808702 you never know, I really want to do something with all the micechatters that live near DL.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I've been to a Disneyland wedding and it was fantastic! The reception was so much fun and the DJ even asked Disney trivia which I won

And of course Mickey and Minnie showed up and there were pictures all around!

Congratulations!