Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: LOL!!! The "Chew Chew" Train in Bug's Land...

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse

~refrains from making any crude remarks~

LOL Thanks for not saying whatever you were thinking. I just meant that when I smell the graham crackers or strawberries , it makes me want to eat some right on the spot! LOL

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Man o Man...that ride was hilarious!!! Too short and you waited forever to get on that ride...all I could remember for the rest of the day was the Catipillar saying *in accent* "Don't forget to Eat your Fruits and Vegtables!! I miss you already!!!" I kept saying that all day...Im surprised that I survived the rest of the trip back home.
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

That's the area that is all about the free entrance crowd. Water and the train. I myself enjoy the ladybug and the flying food containers ride.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Shpadoinkle

This thread is another opportunity to tell my sad story of having to ride the Chew Chew Train by myself, with no friends, in the rain, with the CMs making smartass comments over the PA system the whole time.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Quote Originally Posted by spacemountain85
    This thread is another opportunity to tell my sad story of having to ride the Chew Chew Train by myself, with no friends, in the rain, with the CMs making smartass comments over the PA system the whole time.

Im sorry...I couldn't resist.
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Oh I LOVE the scent's on that ride. When it first opened my youngest LOVED it he wanted to go on it over and over, and since there was never a long line we were able to! He still likes it now but I'm not supposed to tell anyone

I think the worst ride there are the bumper cars, could they move any slower??

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

I Liked the Ride but it is way too short. You can see everything from the path which in most other disney dark rides you can only see the station. I like the idea of an indoor part and it wouldn't be that hard to put in.

• Where's Push?

I to like the ride and think its cute, but too short. My nephew who is 9 loves Bugs Land. He even gets a kick out of the Flea's bumper car ride.. Thank goodness he is tall enough to ride it alone.. I went on it with him one time and just hated it!

But we all love the lady bug.. Sit close to the door and you get a good spin!
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

The bumper cars barely bump. When i was in them i wanted them to go quicker. I mean the bump is softer than a mad mom at Disneyland heading for Space Mountain who has 3 kids with her.

I think it's adorable. I always have to ride it on every trip. Yeah it's short, but it's not like you ever have to wait to get on it. I love the smells and the giant cupcake!!

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo
    This is one of those gems in a Disney park that you just have to love. Only because it has so much going on nd the little ones enjoy it. Seeing there little faces as they get off and then they continue talking about how they smlled the cookies.

I think that Disney should really consider extending this attraction a bit in the future. It could be easily done. All they have to do is extend the track out thru the service gate (the one with the broccolli picture) into the unused eastern most farmers market building. Create an indoor part of the attraction then have it loop back to finish the cycle.

If you look at an aerial photo of the area you would know what i am talking about. The only other thing that would probably have to move are a couple of tables right behind this area for CM's to take a break.
    Very good idea, I hope they do this.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i've gone on the chew-chew train more times than i can count. it's the only ride in a bug's land pixie kid will ride (although he loves the puddle park). i have many issues with ABL that i think could all be easily remedied with better upkeep and a few tweaks.

1. use the HUMUNGOID queue for it's tough to be a bug for something, anything.

2. recalibrate the puddle park's water jets so that they actually work like they used to.

3. lengthen the chew-chew train & clean out the watermelon squirter. paint the watermelon!

4. rev up those buggies!! slowest bumper cars. ever.

5. give up the cross-over track for the ladybug boogie or actually fix it this time. that ride is a chiropractor's goldmine! once the track is figured out so it's smooth, unlock the center wheel so you can turn it again.

6. leave flik's flyers. don't touch them. that's all.

whew! i rarely get so worked up, but this land has such great themeing & little else. i think it could really be a great little destination, especially for families with younger kiddos, but it's really lacking in the attraction dept.
    <o>

My BIL went on this ride and he is like 6'4" and about 300 lbs. (don't ask how he even fit in it), they made him buckle up before they would start. He couldn't have fallen out of it if he tried. But then you go on the Golden Zephyr and you are out over the water and you just have a little plastic strap over you with nothing across the doorway. To me it doesn't make sense. It is a family joke about buckling up for the Chew Chew Train. It is a cute idea but needs to be longer and a little quicker. But I do like the smell .

• Minion

I believe its up to par with Superstar Limo. At least Superstar was enclosed and had some effects to it, well I guess you can smell. pshhh
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

I believe its up to par with Superstar Limo. At least Superstar was enclosed and had some effects to it, well I guess you can smell. pshhh
    Jeff Wayne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast