Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• 5 Star

Re: Mickey's Toontown updates

My beef with the land is there is a lot of wasted potential, and I hate seeing that. I'm not saying the area should be crowded with attractions, but when you have spaces like Goofy and Donald's house, yet it doesn't get utilized, I see it as a tremendous waste.

You go from having excellently and thoroughly themed rides like Roger Rabbit, to a bare bones "attraction" like the treehouse. The land is great, but the inconsistencies is what kills it for me.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I like the Roger Rabbit ride and the lines are still decent, but maybe they should build a ride to either a newer or more classic property. I'd love a Steamboat Willie-themed black and white boat ride, where the water is clear but the track is painted black to further enhance the black and white feel. Some general paint would be nice too. If anything, a Fantasyland expansion in the Motor Boat Cruise and Small World area would be nice. I'd love a nice Beauty and the Beast dark ride at the detail level of the Little Mermaid ride.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

How about an "Epic Mickey" themed dark ride featuring both Mickey and Oswald in Toontown? I'm not much of a video game fan, but from the few videos I've seen of this game, I think that a decent dark ride could be built upon its themes.

Move Roger Rabbit to Hollywood Land, get rid of everything else, take down Fantasyland Theater..........add Seven Dwarfs Coaster, Beauty & The Beast dark ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Ratatouille dark ride, and Gusteau's restaurant (make ToonTown into Paris).

•   
    • Banned User

My vote = keep it as is. The land is better used as a different "land" than an expansion to Fantasyland. Also, it balances the ability to be an oasis for kids ( every park needs something like this, Flik's Fun Fair, etc. ) as well as still remain interesting enough for adults to not write it off as a "kids only" land.

• Jedi Knight

I would love if they expanded Toontown, I love that little area, too many memories!

Here's the next part of the Mickey's Toontown update of mine. We'll soon be within reach of all the things to be drastically updated, but first...

Minnie's House
    Minnie's House will be left almost completely intact, except to fix up the hands-on activities in the kitchen.

Mickey's House
    The home of the big cheese himself will also be largely left untouched, but will nevertheless be updated slightly. Most of it will be in the area where you can actually meet Mickey (as well as in the now-updated preview theater where Donald and Goofy operate the film projector showing the trailers for Mickey's cartoons). But first, let's take a stroll through Mickey's house itself. On the radio just inside the entrance, a new radio loop will now play. All references to W.A.C.K.Y. Radio will be replaced a new radio station, called K.R.A.Z.Y. Radio. I know "crazy" is misspelled, but that's only because this Toontown is on the west side of the Mississippi and all stations there have their call letters start with the letter K (hence the new name of the Toontown radio station). The letter W is used east of the Mississippi.

Next, we continue to move through the house. The answering machine's messages will be altered, as per the overhauled area. Not much will be changed from here on, now, until you reach the "outside" garden where the gopher tries to make off with the crops. New flowers will be added to this area. These include tulips (literally two lips puckered up for a kiss) and dandelions (literally small lion-like faces).

Which brings me to the area in the Movie Barn where you meet Mickey. In the preview theater, in addition to the current four Mickey cartoons featured ("Steamboat Willie", "The Band Concert", "Thru the Mirror" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"), there will be another short featured. This is "Mickey and the Beanstalk" (from "Fun and Fancy Free"). This will also entail an update of the humorous film that plays in this room and involve Donald and Goofy as they try to operate the film projector from the projection booth. If all else fails, we can always create a brand-new film for this scene, maybe very different from the "Now Filming" loop they have there now, maybe something like the preview of the old Mickey Mouse Revue, but broken up and drastically updated:

Now onto the actual meeting place for Mickey himself. First of all, Mickey, on all "sets" of his cartoons, will be able to "talk". As mentioned above there will now be five shorts featured instead of four. On the set of "Steamboat Willie", Mickey will still be in black and white, but he will not be wearing a scarf anymore. He did not wear one in the short, so why should he here? Or during "Fantasmic", for that matter? Mickey's face will still be flesh, rather than black and white, but there will be a small make-up can marked "black and white", suggesting that Mickey had applied make-up for this role. And there will also be a new set for "Mickey and the Beanstalk" (and, of course, Mickey will be all dressed up for this part).

More to come! We shall very soon reach the updated area of Mickey's Toontown. It shall encompass everything between Mickey's House and Toon Park, meaning that Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse, Gadget's Go Coaster, Donald's Boat and Goofy's Playhouse will all be affected by the overhaul. I can't say anything definite at this juncture, but I will tell you that Gadget's Go Coaster is being scrapped and replaced with another new roller coaster, but what should it be themed to? Also, how should Goofy's Playhouse be done?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

It needs a second attraction for adults or a cool indoor toon world eating experience. The proposed expansion to Disneyland would link the back to frontierland so that will help giving me a reason to go all the way back there. I hope they don't expand fantasyland anymore, but if the do, the moterboat ride, fantasyland theater, it's a small world mall, etc will offer more than enough room.

I was originally thinking of having Goofy's old house be scrapped along with Gadget's Go Coaster and use both for a new roller coaster, which was to have a Goofy theme and whose queue would wind through Goofy's new house. But between Goofy's Sky School at DCA and the new Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse in Tokyo Disneyland, I'm not sure now. Granted, I would scrap Goofy's Sky School sometime and replace it with something else, so that would help relieve the pressure of two Goofy-themed coasters, but until then, what are your thoughts?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Banned User

It needs something. The Chip and Dale ball bounce treehouse is lame. Goofy's house used to be a bounce house and I can't remember what Donald's boat did or had. Gadget's go coaster, Mickey's house and Roger Rabbit are the only good things about Toon Town. That red trolley doesn't run anymore, I think. AFter Tomorrowland, Toon Town needs some help.

I like a place in D.L. just for little children. I think Disney would have like it too. I have a picture of myself playing Mickey's piano in his house. I teach piano and voice lessons, I have the picture on my studio wall... We have no little children so my wife and I do not go there during our regular visits. But in a year we are going to take all our grandchildren there, we have 22, I bet they love it. It is like being in the middle of a cartoon...

I think toontown is so "OVER" and my grandkids hated it by the time they were 4. Boring, but oh so beautiful to photograph! The colors are blazin' but that's not a reason to keep ANY bit of real estate that could be used to improve Fantasyland. It really needs it!

• Dead men tell no tales.

To me, the only purpose ToonTown serves as of now, is a place where kids are guaranteed to meet Mickey and his pals within only a few steps of eachother. Other than that, if the imagineers can come up with a way to take out ToonTown while still having a place where kids can meet Mickey I say fire up the bulldozers and expand Fantasyland.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I don't think it's a horrible idea to move Roger Rabbit to replace Monsters Inc, with a new paint job, and replace the Muppets with Philharmagic to make a Toon Studio section of Hollywoodland. Add in a Muppet dark ride to replace the Hollywood and Dine and you have a way to replace Bug's Land and build another interesting land - my personal idea is Mission Square with a Zorro stunt show, Three Caballeros dark ride, and Western River Expedition.

Organize the houses on Toontown so that Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto (in a dog house) fit in a cul-de-sac. You can place this where all of Roger Rabbit was. Re-theme Toontown to less of a big city and more of Disney Toon suburbia. Get rid of the trolley, theme the main shop to a community market of sorts, and make the fast food area picnic-themed. Replace the Goofy house, Donald's boat, and the Go Coaster with more of an expansion of Fantasyland. Adding this land to the Skyway area, wrapping around to the Fantasyland Theatre is enough land for a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, Tangled ride, and maybe a Gusteau's restaurant. Also, move Winnie the Pooh over to the Motor Boat Cruise area to put a Princess and the Frog boat ride in Critter Country, furthering making the land Critter Bayou.

Sorry, I know that this is a lot, but ideas are just kind of spilling out
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

i say everything should go, besides roger rabbit. turn the back half (everything past the gas station) into a mickey dark ride. someone mentioned a steamboat willie type ride which i could totally get behind. maybe place the houses up front and make it feel like a neighborhood instead of a city. also change the architecture from this cartoony style (which has not aged well) to a more realistic style, similar to the classic disney shorts. add more shade & give the place a grander entrance.
    Last edited by thedustycoyote; 10-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast