Our Disneyland Adventure

Hooray for my first trip report!
    We arrived Monday morning around 10 am. We had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe before heading to Disneyland. When we went to Disneyland my daughter immediately got excited about the Goofy pumpkin at the gates. We had never been to Disneyland during fall, so it was fun seeing all of the decorations.
    We went on the Mark Twain first. We had never been on it and I wanted to make sure we did it before it went down for refurbishment. Thank you to the Micechatters who shared the tip of asking to ride in the wheelhouse. We did and my daughter loved it. She had so much fun steering the boat. It was adorable watching her try not to hit any ducks! lol

The rest of the trip becomes kind of a blur, so I'll just do my best to sum up. We went on Pirates, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Splash Mountain, and Winnie the Pooh. By then we were thirsty so we had some water in the Hungry Bear and sat by the river. After that we took the train to Tomorrowland and went on the Matterhorn, Alice, Tea cups, and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
    I found the Matterhorn Sleds to be comfortable. I was in seat 3. My Husband was in the very front, and said he did get banged around quite a bit and found it a bit painful. We all thought Ghost Galaxy was pretty cool.

We took the Monorail to DTD. That was a first for my daughter and I. We had lunch/dinner at the Jazz Kitchen Express and found it acceptable. After we ate we headed over to DCA. Buena Vista Street is pretty nice. Certainly much better than what was there before, although still lacking a "heart" in my opinion. We went on The Little Mermaid, Silly Symphony Swings, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Mickey's Fun Wheel. The Little Mermaid was pretty good. Hardly a line which was nice. The ride is pleasant. The animatronics are impressive and we enjoyed it. It does seem to take up a great deal of space unnecessarily. I may be wrong on that, but it seems like the Fanytasyland dark rides manage to have a lot more charm and detail in much less space. Still a good ride though, and we went on it multiple times throughout our stay. Partly because we liked the ride, but mostly because the line was always so short.

We tried to get a Fast Pass earlier for Radiator Springs but they were closed for the day. Later, the stand by line said 50 minutes, so we decided to try and get a FP the next morning. We then went and found spots in the yellow section for World of Color. The show was really good in my opinion. I was Watching it while holding my daughter and I got pretty teary eyed at the part with Dumbo and his mom, lol!

This is where the trip gets really blurry to me. We park hopped quite a bit and just went with whatever we felt like doing instead of planning it all out. We saw the line for Radiator Springs FP and it was crazy. We didn't feel like standing in line to stand in line again later, so we just went and did stand by. The wait said 85 minutes. The queue is nice and there is adequate shade. I did wonder a few times if the ride was going to be a let down after waiting in line all that time. I was pleasantly surprised. The ride was longer than I expected it to be and I enjoyed the mix of relaxing drive, dark ride and thrilling race. It really tickled my tummy and the picture turned out pretty funny.

We spent quite a bit of time the first couple days in DCA. My husband was surprised we were spending that much time over there since in the past we weren't there for very long. The park is much better than before, but I was longing for more Disneyland. There is something about DCA that still lacks heart to me. It may just be because it is too new and needs time to grow roots in my heart, but there just really is something special about Disneyland I think.

Over the rest of our trip we rode Radiator Springs Racers two more times, both at night. It's fun every time of day, but I especially like it at night. The waterfall in the moonlight was really nice. The lighting on all of the rock work is really beautiful too. We tried the pretzels at the cozy cone one day and thought they were ok. We tried the apple freeze drink as well and thought it was good. I wish it was a little more sweet and a little less sour though. Another day we tried the churro's at the cozy cone. My daughter and I thought they were alright, but my husband found them to be disgusting.

We ate at the Carthay Circle Theatre on Thursday. It was expensive, but the food was ok and the restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere. We also got ice cream at Ghirardelli. We thought it was delicious, although a little more rich than we were expecting and struggled to finish it. We'll probably just buy one next time and share it.

We watched Soundsational once. We viewed it across from Small World and had a nice view. I enjoyed the parade, even though I still have the music stuck in my head. We met a lot of characters. Princesses, Goofy, Pluto, Pinocchio, Alice, Fairies. My daughter didn't want to meet any villains though. I did catch musical chairs one day, but my daughter was really scared of the Queen of Hearts, so she hung back.

We went on Star Tours for the first time since it was redone. It was really cool, but it did make me feel kind of sick for a bit. We did just about everything in both parks except for a Bug's Land and Toontown. We also skipped the Tiki Room. My daughter didn't want to go in there because she remembered the lightning from lat time. She and I also skipped Tower of Terror and Screamin'. My husband went on them alone.

It was a lovely trip. Very nice people, didn't run into any issues. Great cast member experiences. Can't wait to go back in 2 or 3 years! The trip seemed so far away when we planned it. I can't believe it's already come and gone.

I think that about covers it, if I think of anything else I'll add it later. For now I'm really tired, so good night! :-)
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• a damsel not in distress

Re: Our Disneyland Adventure

wow! it seems like you all were able to do a lot while you were there. i'm so glad you had fun; thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing!

How many days total in the parks?

We were there from Monday the 24th 11 am until Friday the 28th 4 pm.

I enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to share it. I can't wait to try RSR myself!

Thank you for taking the time to read it! I was going to update it every day we were there so it would be more chronological and detailed, but I only had energy to get ready for bed each night, lol! All that Disney magic can tucker a person out!

• some assembly required

I was there during those dates. Did you have a difficult time on Wednesday, Sept 26th? It was the day that both parks were open for an extra hour at night. We also felt that Monday night before this (24th) was unreasonable.

Thx for all the info. I too cannot believe it has come & gone. Time flies...
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

I did notice that it was extra busy on Wednesday. We were in line for Splash Mountain when they said it was down and they didn't know how long it would be until it was working again. Then it looked to me like Haunted Mansion was closed for some reason. We tried to go on Pirates, which we had been able to practically walk on every time earlier in the trip, and were surprised to see the line was insane. I assumed it was because of nearby rides being down. It wasn't until later around when they announced the extended hours that someone mentioned it was because of schools being out for Yom Kippur. I wonder if we ever crossed paths while we were there! I kept wondering while there if I was amongst Micechatters, haha!