Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    It's Disney's decision to aggressively market APs -- over a million and rising. It's Disney's decision to price APs so that when they're fully utilized, a day at Disneyland costs less than the price of a movie ticket. It's Disney's decision to make up the lower AP food and merch revenue by jacking up the prices of day tickets. It's Disney's decision to allow the Park to get packed to insane levels, while cutting back on staffing.

AP holders and day tourists shouldn't be blaming each other for the overcrowding and decline of the Disneyland experience, they should both blame the responsible party: the Disney Corporation. In every one of these threads, APers and tourists end up at each others' throats, while Disney Corp plays both ends against the middle and laughs all the way to the bank. Higher prices for AP tickets, higher prices for day tickets, and bigger crowds. Disney wins, you lose.
    So very true , thank you
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

•   
    • Minion

It's Disney's decision to aggressively market APs -- over a million and rising. It's Disney's decision to price APs so that when they're fully utilized, a day at Disneyland costs less than the price of a movie ticket. It's Disney's decision to make up the lower AP food and merch revenue by jacking up the prices of day tickets. It's Disney's decision to allow the Park to get packed to insane levels, while cutting back on staffing.

AP holders and day tourists shouldn't be blaming each other for the overcrowding and decline of the Disneyland experience, they should both blame the responsible party: the Disney Corporation. In every one of these threads, APers and tourists end up at each others' throats, while Disney Corp plays both ends against the middle and laughs all the way to the bank. Higher prices for AP tickets, higher prices for day tickets, and bigger crowds. Disney wins, you lose.
    I got caught up in the tourist vs. APer drama in this thread, but I agree with this 100%. This is what it is about. The park is overcrowded because of the numbers Disney chooses to let in; it's understaffed/ has staff of lower quality because of the hiring and scheduling decisions they make. it's on Disney; not any one group of guests.

I still think APs are good investments for Disney because we APers spend a pile o' cash most of the times we go. I also think Six Flags, CedarFair and Universal love Season Passes since they sell them at a price equal to a one day ticket. According to the logic of some posters, those other theme park chains must be going broke because they charge so little for passes. I told my brother who lives in Texas and buys a SFOT pass every year that there were one million APers and he was stunned, figuring one million people own SF passes for the whole chain, and that there probably were no more than 30,000 SFOT SPers, enough to fill the park on one day.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Rock Star Minion

Six Flags isn't that much fun over and over again.

AP and season passes work great when the product value drops upon repeat visits. When people DON'T use it is when the company cleans up, financially.
    Disneyland doesn't appear to be that kind of product. Seems financially idiotic to nearly give it away, while creating "Every Single Problem In The Park (patent pending)."
    Most recent problem, according to Al: GAC abuse at RSR.
    Last edited by sediment; 10-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• LuvAlice

Part of the rumor I was told it would be phased in during 2013. It sounded like annual passholders would get one more renewal. Again this is only a rumor. I really have a hard time believing it is true. There are too many other revenue sources not being considered like buying merchandise online at the Disneystore, movies, games etc.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mekchin View Post
    Part of the rumor I was told it would be phased in during 2013. It sounded like annual passholders would get one more renewal. Again this is only a rumor. I really have a hard time believing it is true. There are too many other revenue sources not being considered like buying merchandise online at the Disneystore, movies, games etc.
    While understanding that it's a rumor, I am curious where exactly you heard it. Apologies if you posted that information earlier in the thread and I missed it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Respectfully disagree with you Mr. Wiggins

The people who are willing to pay for a ticket to get into the parks agree to pay that much for the service. You agree pay for the service, Disney provides.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Non-Minion

once again Mr. Wiggins you come out as the voice of reason. You are 100% right about this and I completely concede what argument I had. Thank you
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Why?

---------- Post added 10-03-2012 at 05:49 PM ----------

It still sounds very AntiAP and AntiAP holder, to me.

And where is the factual evidence that Disney doesn't like the AP?
    Sorry, I think that it's one of their best offers.
    Because I want to be able to go.....but not pay 1,000 bucks to go a few times in a year

At the current rate that's where the price is going...I just want to be able to go a few times a year for less then 500 bucks and allowing you to go anyday but only allowing so many visits will help keep the numbers down int eh summer and stop Aps from just poping in a few hours and no spending a dine in the parks

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    So very true , thank you
    Yeah - this talk about eliminating the AP is twaddle. No business is going to turn down an annual commitment of revenue from a large block of customers. You would be run out of the company by the board of directors.

• Sock Puppet

umm i looked for that info about Costco renewing AP's.. i found nothing on it.. so i don't think Costco does do that...

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    umm i looked for that info about Costco renewing AP's.. i found nothing on it.. so i don't think Costco does do that...
    I believe the Costco reference was in regards to Costco membership renewing automatically, not renewing APs through Costco.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Six Flags isn't that much fun over and over again.

AP and season passes work great when the product value drops upon repeat visits. When people DON'T use it is when the company cleans up, financially.
    Disneyland doesn't appear to be that kind of product. Seems financially idiotic to nearly give it away, while creating "Every Single Problem In The Park (patent pending)."
    Most recent problem, according to Al: GAC abuse at RSR.
    Are APs to blame for Monte Cristos not being on the dinner menu at Blue Bayou?

I really don't understand why Disney does not require some form of substantiation for GACs. The only excuse I can think of is if someone traveling from far away actually had no clue as to the existence of GACs and therefore did not bring a note from their doctor or other pertinent information. But I think this would be the exception, not the rule.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

I would show up much more often if I knew it wasn't going to be so packed with AP holders. Living 400ish miles away, it's a big decision to make a trip to DLR. I don't want to spend the money just to wait in line with the AP's. Other than that, I can't add much to the conversation.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

• Not on the Jedi Council

Hey Giant Panda, just go to the Cafe Orleans, and they have Monte Cristo sandwiches all day from the same kitchen that services the BB, and they are a few bucks cheaper there.

I have a feeling the APs will continue, but the prices will just get sillier and sillier till the numbers drop through attrition.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast